On 7/1/2020 at 12:08 PM, Marty Backe said:

DarknessBot has preliminary support (beta) for the Veteran, and EUC World will also support it.

I'm getting the Veteran tomorrow and will be doing my formal range test on Friday (it's going to be a long day :D)

You are going to have a long day on Friday doing the Veteran range test. I watch all your videos and I am interested in your feedback on the Veteran. I am trying to decide on whether to get the Veteran Sherman or the New Monster Pro and your feedback will help me decide. I am interested in ride quality compared to Monster, overall feel and maneuverability, your thoughts in general. I would love to see a hill climb test I will have to go back through your videos to see if you did one for the Monster. Let me know how you think the torque compares to other wheels.

Looking forward to your review.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

Just FYI, the Kuji Rolls review of the Veteran is up now! Short answer: he loves it! Check the Veteran thread for the link...

And it would be great to go on a ride! (Stupid pandemic is making travel not very feasible.)

I am going to check it out now. Just finished messaging Marty to give me his feedback on the Veteran. Yeah, this Pandemic is terrible hopefully they will have a vaccine soon. I did get out on a ride this morning with a buddy we rode the Schuylkill River Trail it is a beautiful ride around 42 miles nice to get out. Hopefully you get a ride in today.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I never have taken the Monster up any hill tests. Sometimes you just know when certain situations (steep hills) aren't meant for some wheels (Monster). I only had the original 84-volt Monster.

Marty, one of your friends with a Monster took it up one of those hills with you, and the board failed if I remember correctly. Still, I was really surprised when Wrong Way was doing those climbing tests and the Monster went up that 35% grade no problem. But yeah, the 18" inch wheels struggle with that hill (except for the MSP which cruised up it) so the 22" Monster would probably overheat--or worse. :unsure:

Edited by erk1024

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately at the last minute FedEx decided to delay the delivery until Friday, even though it arrived near me this morning. Oh well. Looks like Sunday will be the range test day.

I have took the Monster up any hill tests. Sometimes you just know when certain situations (steep hills) aren't meant for some wheels (Monster). I only had the original 84-volt Monster.

I will be taking the Veteran to my mountain proving grounds (including Overheat Hill).

Oh that is unfortunate. I will be looking forward to your video. I just finished watching Kuji Rolls video on the Veteran Sherman. I am interested in your take and feedback on the wheel. Hopefully you get out and do some riding today you have some beautiful areas to ride out your way. My buddy and I did a 42 mile ride today along the Schuylkill River Trail in southeastern PA. It was nice to get a morning ride in before the 4th of July weekend. 

Looking forward to your review.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately at the last minute FedEx decided to delay the delivery until Friday, even though it arrived near me this morning.

They did that to me a few weeks ago.  Package got within 25 miles of my house from 2500 miles away across the country in 4 days.  Then they sent the package around in circles for the next 10 days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hsiang said:

You can probably get a decent sense of the build quality of the Sherman from the post Chris made of our tear down. I am also going to post the video of it on Friday; however be warned that it is long and boring since @houseofjob is long and boring. LOL

Excellent! I will check out the video. I just watched Kuji Rolls video and he evidently loves the wheel. He said it has never ending power up to 45 mph and it feels like a jet pack. He said that the ride and maneuverable are still fine even though it is a heavy wheel. His main complaints were pedal scrapping, convenience and the tire. I will probably swap out the pedals anyway for Nikola pedals and the tire with the street tread. I am not worried about convenience since this will be my cruising wheel and I could still keep it with me for outdoor setting at restaurantAfter watching yours, Tishawn's and now Kuji Rolls video I am definitely considering the Veteran Sherman especially since there is not even a date for the release of the New Monster Pro with 4000W motor and 3600WH battery.  Marty is doing his range test on Sunday since the delivery was delayed and I am curious to see what he gets. Kuji said that riding like him he could probably get 70 miles so the way Marty rides he is in for a long probably couple of days of riding.

I would love to meet up with you guys and do some riding in NYC. I would have probably already gone out there for a couple of rides if it were not for this pandemic. This morning my buddy and I rode the Schuylkill River Trail to Philadelphia 42 miles it was a great ride. 

If you are ever in the Philadelphia area hit me up and we can do some riding.

58 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I think your FedEx driver might be guilty.  ;)

50070465177_4532b86831_b.jpg

50070213951_9babb020fb_b.jpg

Hilarious and well done as usual. The only thing you got wrong is it's a missing Veteran, not Gotway :D  I do anticipate having this happen with the Monster Pro though.

1 hour ago, xorbe said:

They did that to me a few weeks ago.  Package got within 25 miles of my house from 2500 miles away across the country in 4 days.  Then they sent the package around in circles for the next 10 days.

:shock2: God, let's hope this doesn't happen to me!

@Marty Backe just ask @Duf about his opinion of Fedex!!!!!  He has a major drama every single time a wheel is sent to him using Fedex :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

$3900 for the Gotway Monster Pro. My wife is going to murder me when I pull the trigger on this wheel, lol. 

Famous last words - "don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness"

You may want to consider the Veteran Sherman. I have been trying to decide between the Veteran Sherman and the New Monster Pro that will be coming out. The concerns I had about the Veteran Sherman were that it is a new wheel from a new manufacturer. But in watching all the new video reviews from Hsiang, Kuji and Speedy Feet I am leaning toward the Veteran Sherman. 

48 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

$3900 for the Gotway Monster Pro

I’m curious where you are getting this price from? I haven’t seen this anywhere..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I’m curious where you are getting this price from? I haven’t seen this anywhere..

That is the estimated price that has been quoted on the New Monster Pro 24" tire with 4000W motor and 3600wh battery. It is going to be a beast and I have been looking for a cruising wheel and have been doing research on the Veteran Sherman and the New Monster Pro. Unfortunately as always with Gotway not much detail on the wheel yet until it gets in the hands of the Youtube EUC rider community. I had my concerns about the Veteran Sherman but after watching Kuji, Ysiang and Speedy Feet videos definitely leaning toward the Veteran Sherman. 

They are both amazing mile munchers thats for sure. I am erring towards the Monster purely on asthetics but Herman has a lot going for him no doubt. In terms of ability its going to be a close call. I have to admit I cant help thinking about how well the Herman will take a tumble (although I wouldnt plan on crashing it) or how annoying it may be to not have a decent handle (although I dont plan on carrying it).

Given how well Kuji rode it on asphalt on a shitty, squidgy, totally off road tyre, I would love to see how it handles with some decent road rubber.

I cant afford either tbh, but both are well on my radar, and both look pretty bloody good for my needs and wants.

I agree both wheels are going to be great cruising wheels. I like the clean design and well thought out build of the Veteran Sherman taking into consideration all the feedback from the EUC riders. You should view Ian from Speedy Feets video he says it is the best wheel he has every ridden. I had concerns about the tire to after watching Kuji's video but after listening to Ian will probably leave the tire on and can always replace it later. 

I had already seen the vid. Ian is a nice guy but he doesnt test wheels at the speeds I am interested in nor does he throw them about at speed on asphalt either (or at least not on video). He is more of an off road guy (and superb at it too) so his view on tyres is limited imo. It's more interesting to me to see how the loonie NYC guys feel about tyres.

5 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I had already seen the vid. Ian is a nice guy but he doesnt test wheels at the speeds I am interested in nor does he throw them about at speed on asphalt either (or at least not on video). He is more of an off road guy (and superb at it too) so his view on tyres is limited imo. It's more interesting to me to see how the loonie NYC guys feel about tyres.

Yeah, all the videos on the Sherman are now coming out. If you have not checked out Hsiang, U-Stride and Tishawn videos pretty cool. They do a nice overall review of the wheel and even crash test the wheel for durability.

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

What are you kidding yourself? You’re gonna get them all as usual!

Hmmm 🤔, I’m afraid you’re correct, but I know you are right there with me.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

eWheels Support - Gotway just released the pricing on this new model, we're looking in the region of about $3,850. 

WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! I'm really looking forward to this wheel. But for nearly $4000 it has to have amazing performance and build quality. Like 55mph with suspension and moto headlights and indicators. From the current photos it looks like a boring rehash and will probably have Gotway quality on the inside. The Sherman has a more fresh look and take on what riders want with a much more acceptable price.

• Like 3