4 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

I surmise it depends on the use case; This new Monster Pro has 3600Wh for starters which is HUGE for me (and probably you).  With that said, the capacity upgrade is worth the upgrade (even if I suspect it will be 5-6 mph slower than the old 100V Monster).  I don't own an MSX, I was just trying to provide an example.  

Oh, gotcha.

I've been telling myself that I'd upgrade to the Monster V4 when it came out. I figure it's time. Probably the biggest factor for me is the huge battery. Let's hope the bigger motor doesn't negate the additional battery capacity. That's a big question mark.

Also a question for me; is this the Monster V4 or a whole new class of wheel. Gotway will continue producing the smaller variant? Or in two months they'll release a V4.

Gotway's a mystery for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Oh, gotcha.

I've been telling myself that I'd upgrade to the Monster V4 when it came out. I figure it's time. Probably the biggest factor for me is the huge battery. Let's hope the bigger motor doesn't negate the additional battery capacity. That's a big question mark.

Also a question for me; is this the Monster V4 or a whole new class of wheel. Gotway will continue producing the smaller variant? Or in two months they'll release a V4.

Gotway's a mystery for sure.

Oh you know Gotway will release an improved version a month after the first batch releases.  Besides, they don't want to be outdone by Veteran I'm sure.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Oh you know Gotway will release an improved version a month after the first batch releases.  Besides, they don't want to be outdone by Veteran I'm sure.

We will benefit from competition hopefully. Also - if against Veteran - it makes more sense to think that this wheel is in fact 20" class - 540mm outside diameter which is 21,27"

i really like the bigger motor,i think it's the most important innovation here, a lot of people underestimate how msp motor change the game in every aspect

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WPS said:

I'm just concerned that with those specs it will attract some unwanted attention.

I hear ya on that. Its a tough spot, as they WANT those specs to draw attention and sales. Yet, we want the general public to not realize how inherently dangerous ALL of these wheels can be. Catch 22...  we want bigger specs, but bigger specs lands us in the crosshairs of regulated and insured and licensed vehicles with similar specs. I passed 2 cops in my hood on the 2 lane at around 30mph yesterday. The thought DID occur to me... what DO THEY view it as? I hope we get to quietly enjoy the development of the euc, for a litte longer, before regulations clamp down on it too much. I'm keeping my eyes open for a long range cruiser. All of these new offering pique my interest, but none of the range wheels have called to me in a dream yet...

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I hear ya on that. Its a tough spot, as they WANT those specs to draw attention and sales. Yet, we want the general public to not realize how inherently dangerous ALL of these wheels can be. Catch 22...  we want bigger specs, but bigger specs lands us in the crosshairs of regulated and insured and licensed vehicles with similar specs. I passed 2 cops in my hood on the 2 lane at around 30mph yesterday. The thought DID occur to me... what DO THEY view it as? I hope we get to quietly enjoy the development of the euc, for a litte longer, before regulations clamp down on it too much. I'm keeping my eyes open for a long range cruiser. All of these new offering pique my interest, but none of the range wheels have called to me in a dream yet...

Agreed, a real long range cruiser would be my ideal.

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

People have been "worrying" about drawing undo attention for as long as I've been in this game. I'm still waiting ...

That's good to hear but there hasn't been a wheel with these kinds of specs before. I hope you are right. The drone hobby which for years was essentially unregulated or only lightly regulated is about to face some rather major restrictions if new rules go in to effect. I'm not worried about riders. We know and accept the risk. I'm concerned about colleterial damage. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WPS said:

That's good to hear but there hasn't been a wheel with these kinds of specs before. I hope you are right. The drone hobby which for years was essentially unregulated or only lightly regulated is about to face some rather major restrictions if new rules go in to effect. I'm not worried about riders. We know and accept the risk. I'm concerned about colleterial damage. 

What we have going for us is "extreme niche" classification :D

Drones only became an issue when they became ubiquitous. EUC's will never go mainstream.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Drones only became an issue when they became ubiquitous. EUC's will never go mainstream.

Drones became an issue because idiots were flying them over crowds and in proximity of commercial aircraft. That is what brought the initial FAA registration requirements. It only takes a few to ruin it for all and things like the wrongful death suit against OneWheel have the potential to spread to the EUC community.

By the way Marty, I started riding in part due to your ride videos. Always enjoy them.

Edited by WPS
added text

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I, for the life of me, don't understand why learning to ride an EUC is considered so taboo.  People have been learning how to ride bikes for hundreds of years but they don't bat an eye for inferior transportation. Perhaps if someone designed a 360 degree self-balancing EUC that keeps newbies upright? 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

I, for the life of me, don't understand why learning to ride an EUC is considered so taboo.  People have been learning how to ride bikes for hundreds of years but they don't bat an eye for inferior transportation. Perhaps if someone designed a 360 degree self-balancing EUC that keeps newbies upright? 

5f0a3aa8a7882237809a74eaef27ee9e.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nifrigel said:

I'm afraid that with all the recent EUC legislation "progress" wheels like this will soon become illegal in most of the world.

Hope not.  If people ride like maniacs on congested city streets, it'll become much more likely imo.

• Like 2

Has anyone done a range test on the Monster v3 3108 battery. Did I read somewhere that u could get 300ks for range? Can we play guess the range on the 4000w version with someone whos not 45 kgs and 1.3 metres tall:w00t2:

53 minutes ago, Daley1 said:

Has anyone done a range test on the Monster v3 3108 battery. Did I read somewhere that u could get 300ks for range? Can we play guess the range on the 4000w version with someone whos not 45 kgs and 1.3 metres tall:w00t2:

That would mean I get 150km on my MSX which has half the battery. :roflmao:

I get 50-60km on my MSX.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daley1 said:

haha you probably did.. just like the insanely over inflated range that every euc to exist boasts... I could get like 130 km at best on the monster 2400.. if I'm 125 lbs who's gonna get over twice that range with 30% more battery

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daley1 said:

The NYC guys who owned this wheel reported 80-90 miles (128km - 145km) with battery to spare.  They are all of American weight, 170 - 270 lbs.  This was at a typical cruising speed of 25 mph / 40 kmh. At slower speeds (~15 mph / 25 kmh) I would imagine 124mi / 200km would be possible. 

I would actually imagine the 4000W version will have comparable if not slightly worse range than the custom 3108Wh Monster 3.  Please note, energy does not come free, so if the motor is truly a 4000W nominal motor it will consume more energy than the former 2000W Monster 3. Also the motor windings will play a factor as a higher Kv motor will consume less overall energy and be more efficient at higher speeds at the expense of acceleration. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 7:20 PM, Rico said:

Wont it be almost impossible to access the torque of a 4000w motor in a 24 inch wheel? As i understand EUCs, when wheel size increases you have to lean more to get the same acceleration as on a smaller wheel. Its already very hard to use all the torque the msp has at lower speeds, wont this just be worse? Or am i missing something?

I've the Monster V3 3108wh and the Mten3. 

You're right about that, if you want fast acceleration/braking on the Monster, you need to put one foot forward and one foot back, to increase the leverage on the wheel/diameter. 

The Monster Pro seems to have much bigger pedals than the MSP/Nikola, probably for this reason, to allow for this. 

Screenshot_20200607_151508_com.tencent_mm.png.175338ed8655abfc4b3a71458b1e16b8.png

On 6/3/2020 at 8:13 PM, WPS said:

I'm just concerned that with those specs it will attract some unwanted attention.

"almost" All EUCs specs already call attention, since eBikes limit in EU is 250w and in US 750w.

1000w or 2000w EUCs already are a lot more powerful than legal eBikes (for safety reasons of course, you need 1000w to go safely at 25-30km/h)

• Like 2

On 6/3/2020 at 7:02 AM, Lukasz said:

We will benefit from competition hopefully. Also - if against Veteran - it makes more sense to think that this wheel is in fact 20" class - 540mm outside diameter which is 21,27"

it’s a 18x3 with a tall sidewall making the total diameter 20.2” or whatever. It’s more an MSX killer than anything new 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 2