5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

? It looks like a blown up MSV3/MSX to me, ugh. 

The MSX is based on the MS3, which introduced this shampoo bottle with some angles design. Before that the MS2 was very different.
The racy diagonal with no use above the pedal is a direct hint to the MS3 (and successors). The oval back light also.

As for the Monster v3 it has the good taste of not having so many gratuitous shapes..

(/my opinion)

Edited by null

21 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

CAD Crop-Scale  driven development

Totally, was just thinking the same, I can see them doing booleans in their CAD software.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Speed?  

100 kph free spin I think I saw.. so in reality just expect what the 100V MSX is...

edit: nvm, that was the other "not a gotway" wheel

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

I saw it briefly over dinner, and I saw a 24-inch wheel coming out of the shoulder. While I was eating, the glue popped out of my mouth.

How much bigger will it be....I wonder if the electric wheel needs to be this big.:shock2:

Veteran Sherman 20" inch, 100v, 2500w motor and 3200wh weight were found in the specifications table to weigh 40kg when combined.
I doubt if the 24-inch wheel on the shoulder is heavier.:confused1:

The wheels are getting bigger. It seems that the era of electric wheels has come when it is hard for people with short legs to climb up.:facepalm:

And... I feel it every time, but why the design is Miss Lee...Gatway seems to be in dire need of a product designer..:pooping:

Edited by Lindsey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rywokast said:

100 kph free spin I think I saw.. so in reality just expect what the 100V MSX is...

I don’t need to go faster than the 100volt MSX. I just wonder why I would buy it over the MSX. 

At some point you break the model. Sure, a super large battery sounds great. I can go 200 miles and a seat would be nice. And if it could go 60 MPH that would be better, yet nerve racking. So if you could add a second wheel in front for mental security on those extra long high speed rides................ 

This is the first wheel that makes my feet hurt just thinking about its capabilities. I still want one, ....... probably not for the price. 

Edited by RockyTop

3 hours ago, Rywokast said:

I think you saw the freespin for the Veteran Sherman; there are no numbers for this wheel yet. If it does 100 kph freespin though, I’d be extremely happy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, houseofjob said:

? It looks like a blown up MSV3/MSX to me, ugh. 

It's a bit better looking than the Veteran though, which is the only other high capacity wheel coming on the scene.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a bit better looking than the Veteran though, which is the only other high capacity wheel coming on the scene.

I agree, I really don't like the looks of the Veteran, but still have my eye on one.  Well I did have my eye on one, not so sure now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Is this an official picture?

Looks like it is the same size as the Monster, just they give the real diameter instead of "22 inch".

3600Wh:w00t2:

Absolutely not. Look at a picture of the Monster and compare the height relative to the pedal height. Now do the same on the Monster Pro.

I would estimate that the shell is about 6-inches taller.

• Like 1

• Marty Backe changed the title to Gotway Monster Pro
8 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Given top speed is battery, slope, weight, and skill based, Ill compare apples to apples and reference the freespin speeds; If it freespins to what the current Monster does, that is acceptable to me. Ideally, more would be nicer but i’m not asking too much. 

Free-spin speed is one thing, but the torque curve is another. Gotway goes fast, but the torque falls off and cannot necessarily support the rider if they over-lean or hit a bump (depending on many factors). I'd like to see a torque curve before pushing a wheel to its limits, rather than to discover torque limits by exceeding them.

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

...And if it could go 60 MPH that would be better, yet nerve racking. So if you could add a second wheel in front for mental security on those extra long high speed rides...

@RockyTop said many things, though to focus on this one: I would not want to fall off the back of a pickup truck at 60MPH=100kph. Even as a stunt person this is very dangerous, though with this you hopefully choose when to jump, and how to jump. You would not jump when you could be hit by traffic, or slide into a building or guard rail, or over a cliff. (Maybe you would do that, though probably only once...)

I also would not want to fall off an EUC at 60MPH=100kph. I think even if we do not consider the driver, the EUC is probably not able to be restrained from being a projectile and causing serious damage. It is at these speeds as @RockyTop sort-of mentions we should probably be looking at electric motorcycles with a front wheel, turn signals, brakes, etc.

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Kaiju (if Godzilla is trademarked)

Titan

Gotway Giant

... ok nothing beats Gotzilla:D

Really, they did? Didn't know that.

It was a poll that I believe was posted here. I'm sure you were around.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Free-spin speed is one thing, but the torque curve is another. Gotway goes fast, but the torque falls off and cannot necessarily support the rider if they over-lean or hit a bump (depending on many factors). I'd like to see a torque curve before pushing a wheel to its limits, rather than to discover torque limits by exceeding them.

@RockyTop said many things, though to focus on this one: I would not want to fall off the back of a pickup truck at 60MPH=100kph. Even as a stunt person this is very dangerous, though with this you hopefully choose when to jump, and how to jump. You would not jump when you could be hit by traffic, or slide into a building or guard rail, or over a cliff. (Maybe you would do that, though probably only once...)

I also would not want to fall off an EUC at 60MPH=100kph. I think even if we do not consider the driver, the EUC is probably not able to be restrained from being a projectile and causing serious damage. It is at these speeds as @RockyTop sort-of mentions we should probably be looking at electric motorcycles with a front wheel, turn signals, brakes, etc.

On Gotway wheels the freespin speed is a very reliable barometer of what the wheels top speed is before cutout (minus -12 mph from freespin). 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My Observations:

• Beautiful (I know, very subjective)
  • That tire looks amazing compared to the Monster tire.
  • No trolley handle - none needed due to the height of the shell
  • We finally get an included mudguard that isn't attached with screws. This alone surely justifies the $4000 price tag
  • The first stock Gotway wheel with Powerpads!
  • The charging port, power button, etc, are no longer exposed. Looks to be sealed under a rubber flap similar to the Z10.
  • Unfortunately the construction looks to be similar to the existing Monster - screws? We need to start seeing the use of heavy metal (bolts, etc.) with a wheel like this.
  • I'm not seeing a lift sensor - but is that really needed for this behemoth?
  • What is that "thing" on the side below the handle?
  • These pictures are renderings. What does that mean in terms of shipping dates?
  • Will the Monster continue or does this replace it?
  • Yeah folks, $4000. That's my guesstimate. What do you think the price will be?

I’m guessing $3500 for a street price; Millie from Gotway stated mid-July production time. The tire is a render and not indicative of what will be on the actual wheel. I think it’ll have a lift sensor under the handle like the current V3 monster though. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

I agree, I really don't like the looks of the Veteran, but still have my eye on one.  Well I did have my eye on one, not so sure now.

I think they are two very different wheels meant for different riders. My beef with the Veteran Sherman is the lack of a seat with no easy path to building one due to the LCD screen. If it had one i’d buy it. 

So take from this what you will, but I heard from a reliable source (a Gotway vendor) that the Monster Pro “isn’t designed for speed” and will do 60 kmh max / 37 MPH. 

That is a huge disappointment. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 2