KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

I can also see that the capacitors changed - there is a second one added on the south side of the board, and the first one has been upgraded in size.  

Generally it looks like they are filtering noise on the lines better - I had a feeling that would have to be the case to address the peddle tilting which seemed to be RF or EMF interference to me.

Thanks much @The Fat Unicyclist

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 3:10 PM, redfoxdude said:

Hi! That's my design. Cool to see folks printing it! The 20.3cm wide base and the regular side are what fit the 16X. :)

Hey can someone give me the dimensions for this? I called someone in nyc to print this for me and the quoted me 200 dollars so im just gonna have my friend make me a stand out of wood. Thanks in advance

14 hours ago, LAKUTIS said:

Hey can someone give me the dimensions for this? I called someone in nyc to print this for me and the quoted me 200 dollars so im just gonna have my friend make me a stand out of wood. Thanks in advance

:blink1: 

For 200 you can almost buy your own printer these days.

I'm paying 12€ to have one printed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slashebeest said:

:blink1: 

For 200 you can almost buy your own printer these days.

I'm paying 12€ to have one printed.

But not that Ultimaker :lol: 

I have a Prusa MK3

On 10/15/2019 at 1:21 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Well I'm not privy to why KS changes design, but I can look at the boards and make some comments;

Most of the board looks the same other than two more obvious things;

1. The antenna coil (for the app Bluetooth) has been moved off the side  of the board.
  2. Four bobbin inductors have be reconfigured and replaced with molded equivalents.

Both of these can be seen in this photo (courtesy @chrisjunlee)...

1ptfrzf.jpg

Mine will have this after repairs. Let's hope it doesn't happen anymore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buell47 said:

Why are these corners actually there? The pedals are always flat, aren't they?

On the 16X, yes. On some other EUCs, the pedal hanger comes out below the pedal a bit when folded. So this feature remains there from the original design of the stand, which was meant to be fairly universal.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

On the 16X, yes. On some other EUCs, the pedal hanger comes out below the pedal a bit when folded. So this feature remains there from the original design of the stand, which was meant to be fairly universal.

Whether or not those points are needed for the 16X, I actually think it makes the stand look nicer. Thanks for sharing your design so openly. I have to find someone here who can print for a reasonable price but appreciate your generosity nonetheless.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 10:26 PM, Garrie Lim said:

You can just print it yourself or find someone in Germany to print for you. It will be way cheaper. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3778280/files

@Garrie Lim I happen to be in Singapore right now for a biz trip.  any chance your friend would be willing to print one to sell?

@JonnyBonz Welcome to Singapore! I realized your profile says you are looking for an EUC. You can check out the "Carousell" app while you are here. Plenty of good second hand deals esp on the Nikola right now because everyone here is freaking out from the government threatening to ban all our electric devices. As for getting it home.. theres always Fedex I guess 🤣

20 hours ago, buell47 said:

Why are these corners actually there? The pedals are always flat, aren't they?

Screenshot-20191016-110246-Samsung-Inter

20191016-105735.jpg

I am to guess, since I didn't make the design, it is to avoid the EUC from sliding the stand, in case it get bumped or is not on level ground. 

A second guess is you don't see the stand that we'll, so this give you a better feel if you placed the wheel correctly on the stand, or a visual sense at least. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am to guess, since I didn't make the design, it is to avoid the EUC from sliding the stand, in case it get bumped or is not on level ground. 

A second guess is you don't see the stand that we'll, so this give you a better feel if you placed the wheel correctly on the stand, or a visual sense at least. 

Oops, I guess I didn't actually fully explain! But your guesses are exactly correct. :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I finally got my chaoyang tire today, waited about two months for it. :laughbounce2:

So while i was at it i had a look at the results of my little dust mods that i did last time, rode about 150km with it.

Where the mudguard is i stuck a bit of foam between the led strip and the rubber of the mudguard.

Right there

And i put some sticky velcro where the pedal hangers slide in.

Result, not as much dust inside 

before the modification

After the modification 

When i had the tire off the rim i took the advice from @buell47 and drilled the valve hole a bit bigger, the tire didn’t go properly onto the rim because the valve was too far out it already pinched the tire wall.

The chaoyang is definitely slimmer than the CST, it’s got a lot more clearance to the housing.

Euc

Couldn’t do much testing because it was getting dark and late so just did a few rounds around the block and i like it. :D

It's interesting that you think it's thinner. Although the Nikola and 16X both have 3-inch tires, the Nikola feels much wider (which I like) than the 16X. The difference? The Nikola has the CST tire.

Thanks for that confirming observation.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I don’t just think it’s thinner i can see that.

Look how much clearance there is to the housing compared to the CST.

CST

EUC

Chaoyang 

EUC

That that seals the deal. I had planned on measure the tires prior to my review (I'm waiting until I've ridden it a few hundred miles) because the Nikola feels so much more stable, particularly when going through sand traps, etc.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jeff Earl said:

If there's interest, perhaps I'll post the connector stl files to Thingiverse; once I figure out how to do so. You'll just need a dimensionally accurate 3D printer, some spare time, and about 5' of 1x2 from your local home center.

Jeff, looks like a great design.  Any chance you would want to print and sell?  If not, I’d be interested if you can post the stl files and a recommendation on anyone that you know of that would be willing to print.  Unfortunately I don’t have a 3D printer.. yet; however, all my hobbies may warrant me getting one soon 😆