KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

21 hours ago, Tinkererboi said:

@JonnyBonz Welcome to Singapore! I realized your profile says you are looking for an EUC. You can check out the "Carousell" app while you are here. Plenty of good second hand deals esp on the Nikola right now because everyone here is freaking out from the government threatening to ban all our electric devices. As for getting it home.. theres always Fedex I guess 🤣

Thanks @Tinkererboi... have been here for a couple of weeks.  Will check out the ‘carousell’ app just to browse... haha... I may already have something waiting for me when I get home... 🤔 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

the Nikola feels so much more stable, particularly when going through sand traps, etc.

That's exactly why I let roadrunner take the lead. I had already suspected that the CYT is even less suitable for sand. Generally even less suitable for offroad. :thumbup:

That's why I asked him for all the pictures yesterday and after that I decided not to exchange the CST for the CYT because offroad (sand) is the most important thing to me.

As you confirm now, that your Nikola will go better through sand traps with the CST is good, because my decision so far was based only on my theory. :efee612b4b: For sandy traps I found the original 1st batch CX321 the best. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:09 PM, Unventor said:

I am to guess, since I didn't make the design, it is to avoid the EUC from sliding the stand, in case it get bumped or is not on level ground. 

A second guess is you don't see the stand that we'll, so this give you a better feel if you placed the wheel correctly on the stand, or a visual sense at least. 

If you are looking for a stand, have you seen this...

At a glance, the most obvious changes are that it comes with a decent 2.5a instead of puny 1.5a charger now.

I’m sorry if I’m bursting your bubble, but the 1.5A charger has an input current of max 2.5A. You might want to check the labels again...

And congrats on the new wheel!

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, JonnyBonz said:

Jeff, looks like a great design.  Any chance you would want to print and sell?  If not, I’d be interested if you can post the stl files and a recommendation on anyone that you know of that would be willing to print.  Unfortunately I don’t have a 3D printer.. yet; however, all my hobbies may warrant me getting one soon 😆

I could probably figure something out. The only challenge is turn-around time. Total print time is like 20+ hours, and I have to print each piece individually. Realistically I'd expect it to be a week or so before I could have all the parts ready to ship. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Earl said:

I could probably figure something out. The only challenge is turn-around time. Total print time is like 20+ hours, and I have to print each piece individually. Realistically I'd expect it to be a week or so before I could have all the parts ready to ship. 

Hey Jeff.  Thanks.  If this is something you are up for how much would you be asking?  Lead time should not be a prob.   Sorry I would DM you but for some reason I am unable to...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I’m sorry if I’m bursting your bubble, but the 1.5A charger has an input current of max 2.5A. You might want to check the labels again...

And congrats on the new wheel!

Ah damn you were right, it was already dark when I was opening the package so I read it wrongly. 

After one night of charging my opinion is the charger is trash. Gets way too hot and slow. (1.5a)

Will keep using my existing Gt16 chargers (2.7a each tested) once my lenovo connectors arrive and I can wire up a meter and adapter for them

20191019_122124.thumb.jpg.ac7d236c53ffb9449ecf39080ca7520a.jpg20191019_122018.thumb.jpg.706309f8814a3661c5b3d0f038094fc3.jpg20191019_122105.thumb.jpg.befce96a4c6515dae21ddfd7ad974e77.jpg20191019_122109.thumb.jpg.dca8c439e5172948ae06b560ab6bdadd.jpg

20191019_122251.thumb.jpg.26b0b7af780013a0cb23661e0380f526.jpg20191019_122231.thumb.jpg.09c5022112c95d74d51365fdc2e93a26.jpg

Weatherproofing: seems like nothing has been done from the outside. Gaps are all still there. No form of gaskets or adhesive added as I initially expected. What exactly are the "dealer reccomendations" kingsong spoke about on FB? Hmmm

Will give it at least 1 cycle before opening up for a proper look.

Edited by Tinkererboi
Remove redundant pic
  • Like 1

King Song hasn't made any changes regarding this problem yet and are supposedly still in the process of doing so. 

I am also not aware of any statement from KS that this problem has already been fixed, so I was astonished at your amazement. :efefa6edcf:

57 minutes ago, buell47 said:

King Song hasn't made any changes regarding this problem yet and are supposedly still in the process of doing so. 

I am also not aware of any statement from KS that this problem has already been fixed, so I was astonished at your amazement. :efefa6edcf:

I did read that as well on Facebook that Michael Shen said there is a solution and the dealers have it.

BE876D1B-8B1F-4FC8-A025-2C1CFDA431CE.jpeg.6413aff18ae2e75495785ba626c18e4f.jpeg

Edited by RoadRunner
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Are people really sure that they want all of these holes blocked up?   :unsure:

When I first read this ....I can see a special @Hunka Hunka Burning Love comment and @Rehab1 statement picture coming up.....

I will even provide Rehab with a picture....

For when the blockage clears.... 

20191017_112832.thumb.jpg.723e9e8c45b357c1f43ea34655150cc6.jpg

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

If you seal up all of the downward facing holes, then any water getting in from the top won't have anywhere to get out, effectively making your wheel a bucket that will eventually fill up with water and explode.

Are people really sure that they want all of these holes blocked up?   :unsure:

I wouldn't worry about that. The inner and outer housing is so unstable that it would let water out of the bottom despite the seals.

In order to be able to use a seal effectively, the housing must first be so stable that it does not bend at the slightest pressure due to a PU seal.

In addition, the current design does not allow the housing to be sealed in the lower half with a gasket.

I think a gasket is only possible at the mud flap and the front rubber part. Maybe at the pedal hanger too. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

Welp noticed one side isnt closed tightly causing the pedal to rub when closing instead of freely flopping open... so i opened it.. so much for 1 cycle

Turns out the speaker mounts are too tall. Could see dents on them where they make contact with the side shell. Tried removing and remounting in case they were not seated right. Did not work. Might attempt to slice them 3mm shorter to get the shell to close snugly. Huge water ingress risk the way it is right now. 

So this seems to be the "new weatherproofing solution" kingsong spoke of - a bunch of cpu filter foam stuck on with hot glue.. 20191019_161216.thumb.jpg.54edf4fe914929b41334135a700e6948.jpg

I had the same material lying around so what the heck, might as well try it on the front rubber seal and rear mudguard as well. Kingsong style babaay. Definitely NOT waterproof20191019_164346.thumb.jpg.954167207643d93b7cb16a500e842b77.jpg

Also, was this spring here to begin with? Dont remember seeing it in other users' teardown pics. 20191019_161856.thumb.jpg.41a24c9a61df99b85c42b263b0795892.jpg

• Like 1

Query: The random Tilt forward issue... has it been solved? 

I'm 190 lbs with gear probably 200 lbs. v1.05 100% battery, BT music was ON. I've done the BT update... 10 minutes ish into ride. I was getting Tilt forward. I did go as fast as I am comfortable. I was already slowing down and then notice Tilt forward. Turned OFF and On again to reset tilt.

27 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

Query: The random Tilt forward issue... has it been solved? 

I'm 190 lbs with gear probably 200 lbs. v1.05 100% battery, BT music was ON. I've done the BT update... 10 minutes ish into ride. I was getting Tilt forward. I did go as fast as I am comfortable. I was already slowing down and then notice Tilt forward. Turned OFF and On again to reset tilt.

What is the temperature of the motherboard when he do that?