KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

5 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

That’s strange because I have never heard it before this. I’ve had my wheel fully charged and charger unplugged or it was fully charged and the charger was still plugged in for a while and all sort of different combinations, but have never heard any slow beeps till just now. 

I was about to charge mine. I'll see if I can recreate it. When you say you had the charger unplugged, did you mean just from the wall or from the wheel itself.

I'm about to take a 16X off charge, having been fully charged and left to "balance"...

I know the 16X "activates" when charging starts, so let's see what happens at the end.

In case it makes a difference, the wheel has been (and is) lying on it's side.

AND... 10 minutes on... NOTHING!

• Like 1

Is there a way to set the light show to one pattern, instead of it randomly switching every few seconds?

EDIT: okay I found "Magic" and set it to "Rotation", these choices are obvious.  I don't understand "Spectra" though (assuming this is how the 4 color choices are applied) and the difference of beating vs flashing vs breathing.  I didn't notice right away.

Edited by xorbe

1 hour ago, xorbe said:

I don't understand "Spectra" though (assuming this is how the 4 color choices are applied) and the difference of beating vs flashing vs breathing.  I didn't notice right away.

I've wondered this myself and still haven't found a definitive answer yet. I tried playing around with all the settings and the more I did, the more confused I became. Once, I was playing music through my wheel's speakers and the LEDs were not lighting to the music. When I went into the app and turned "Spectra" on, it started the light show. Since then, I've just figured that option had something to do with the music lights. 

I with there were more options with the light patterns or, at the very least, have better descriptions on how it works.  

1 hour ago, Giffy said:

I've wondered this myself and still haven't found a definitive answer yet. I tried playing around with all the settings and the more I did, the more confused I became. Once, I was playing music through my wheel's speakers and the LEDs were not lighting to the music. When I went into the app and turned "Spectra" on, it started the light show. Since then, I've just figured that option had something to do with the music lights. 

I with there were more options with the light patterns or, at the very least, have better descriptions on how it works.  

Spectra is just the light effect when playing music through the 16X. 

The different modes are pretty self explanatory for how the lights flicker and react to the music. And on a side note,your music has to be of a certain volume to see the effect(at least that’s true when the wheel is sitting there not moving, I dun play music whilst riding)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Are the holes already in place after printing? I have zero plan of the 3D print. Which material does he have to use?

Can I then cut a thread into the stuff, or will nuts be inserted somewhere. 

Yup the the holes are already there. 

The base piece has a slot for the nut, 2 slots per piece. And the side pieces have 2 holes for the bolts.  Not difficult at all to assemble. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xorbe said:

Ah, Spectra is for music, got it.  Hmm, it seems like "automatic mode" does things that aren't manually selectable.

Yup. I love only one pattern of automatic mode. The rotating multicoloured lights. The rest not so much...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'm about to take a 16X off charge, having been fully charged and left to "balance"...

I know the 16X "activates" when charging starts, so let's see what happens at the end.

In case it makes a difference, the wheel has been (and is) lying on it's side.

AND... 10 minutes on... NOTHING!

I've just took mine off a few minutes after the charger light (standard charger) turned green. No beeps. Also been about 10 minutes.  I'll listen for it in the future though. Up to now I haven't paid attention after charging. Usually just unplugged and either turn on wheel right away or left the room.

8 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

Finally got around to printing the correct stand for my 16X. Lucky for me, my fellow uniwheeler friend stays across the road from me and has a 3D printer. He was kind enough to rush it out for me and even procured the nuts and bolts needed to assemble the stand together.

FE21ACAC-710C-437E-AD01-1392EB3E20E8.thumb.jpeg.be337498cf983140c1f20555becfa119.jpeg

i wasted no time spraying the stand black(why didn’t I print in black? Well he had lots of orange filament and was doing me a favour) to match the stand for my MSX.

I totally want one in orange, lol.

Edited by EvoKnvl
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Hi! That's my design. Cool to see folks printing it! The 20.3cm wide base and the regular side are what fit the 16X. :)

I was thinking that was one of the better ones, many look flimsy, that one looks nice and solid.  Seeing triangles in a design always suggests an engineering influence too. 

I think that is the first item I have seen that makes me feel like I really want a 3d printer now haha!

Edited by Blueblade
  • Like 1

Anyone else get the audible warning: "Be cautious overpower" V1.05 here and I can't seem to change it to just beep warning. Regardless I find this warning amusing. Hopefully I can get this to happen when I have the wheel log activated so I can try and see what power draw triggers this. 

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I have just noticed something that might explain this...

On v1.07 I can connect the app to the wheel while it is charging. Once it is charged and disconnected from the charger I can still connect the app. And even 12 hours later that is still the case. But if I then power the wheel on and off again, the app will no longer connect.

So it appears that the doesn't fully power down after charging and powering it up and down then resets it.

Combine this behaviour with an app that can sometimes start itself up in the background... And you might just be inadvertently connecting to the wheel, which of course then beeps!

Mystery solved???   :huh:

I'm on 1.0.7 too and if I disconnect the charger, then Bluetooth is also off. 

3 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

Hi! That's my design. Cool to see folks printing it! The 20.3cm wide base and the regular side are what fit the 16X. :)

What do I have to consider when ordering the print? Do I have to pay attention to the material, are there different procedures?

How thick are the side parts?