KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

I'm actually just looking at the voltage. My only concern is whether the update was a trick or not. The majority only looks at the percentage display and of course it looks better that way, because the throttling occurs later.

As an example my case:

At 25% / 68,45V (App display) = please decelerate at 39 kmh.

According to the table in the manual:

68,45V = approx. 35% = 39 kmh

That looks different already, doesn't it?

15 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I'm actually just looking at the voltage. My only concern is whether the update was a trick or not. The majority only looks at the percentage display and of course it looks better that way, because the throttling occurs later.

As an example my case:

At 25% / 68,45V (App display) = please decelerate at 39 kmh.

According to the table in the manual:

68,45V = approx. 35% = 39 kmh

That looks different already, doesn't it?

The manual was printed right at the start. You dunno if there were any updates to how the percentage is processed as we had all these different updates. 

Just use voltage and ignore the percentages. Use it more as a guide, voltage is always more accurate. 

36 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

The manual was printed right at the start.

Yes, that's true, but I'd be interested if this difference already existed with 1.0.5/1.0.6, or only with 1.0.7. Because then they tried to fool us a little. 

6 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

My thought process:

Kingsong KS16X has full charge of 84V and cuts at 63V, meaning I have 21V to play with. 
My experience is that I get 6-7km per volt. Low voltage(low battery) to me is when it goes below 70V, other than that it doesn’t really matter. 

when it goes below 70V, I will be more aware of my voltage levels as I ride on, because you need to be aware of voltage sag during hard acceleration(hence not recommended at low voltage) to prevent the wheel from cutting out.  

if I see my voltage is at 64-65V, then I know I need to ride very gently and conservatively if I don’t want to face plant. 

Learn to read voltage, then you will stop depending on percentages. 

I've learned to do this also . People need to know you've got to change your riding as the voltage drops and how aggressive you ride but some people don't know that's why kingsong try to implement it for us . They must be concerned of aggressive acceleration because now they have implemented a over power warning if you try do a jacko lean 😁  and that's even at top end of battery 👍   try not to show off guys and stay safe ,and learn the voltage values and what it can deliver 👍 

I love the 16x it's just a joy to ride

Edited by stephen
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, buell47 said:

Yes, that's true, but I'd be interested if this difference already existed with 1.0.5/1.0.6, or only with 1.0.7. Because then they tried to fool us a little. 

Ok I get what u mean. Perhaps the only way is to ride from full charge till cut off. 

29 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

Ok I get what u mean

Hi Garrie, thank you very much, but you don't understand what I mean, maybe I can't it explain correctly. :mellow:

In principle I don't care what the app or the manual says, which voltage corresponds to which percentage. I know already all what you are saying. :rolleyes:

I just want to know if these differences between Firmware 1.0.7 and Manual were also there with Firmware 1.0.6 or earlier.

You are thinking in the wrong direction. It's not that I don't know how to understand the voltage. I know enough about this, because I have been working with battery technology in the RC world. :)

Edited by buell47

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

Hi Garrie, thank you very much, but you don't understand what I mean, maybe I can't it explain correctly. :mellow:

In principle I don't care what the app or the manual says, which voltage corresponds to which percentage. I know already all what you are saying. :rolleyes:

I just want to know if these differences between Firmware 1.0.7 and Manual were also there with Firmware 1.0.6 or earlier.

You are thinking in the wrong direction. It's not that I don't know how to understand the voltage. I know enough about this, because I have been working with battery technology in the RC world. :)

Oh ok. I didn’t read it correctly the first time and I think I understood you now. I can’t really help in that respect because I’m using iOS and it’s still stuck at constant. 100% ! 🤣

• Like 1

Well... I'm still trying to understand.. so, Full Charge is 84V (aka 100%), Cut is at 63V (aka 0%) ... 21V to play

To Simplify 84V - 64V = 20V to play ... Every 5V = 25% (Need to simplify so I can look at V for quick math on the fly)

Will this work: 84V = 100% , 79V = 75% , 74V = 50% , 69V = 25% , 64V = 0%

So far, I ride with a OneWheel group... after 14 to 16 miles or so, they are approx at 30% to 40% and my KS App would say 80%. I top off anyway, usually get 90%. They have HyperChargers which gets them to 100%. I have the 5A charger from eWheels, but I don't bring it out with me. I bring the smaller lighter one. After the ride, I'm usually at 67 to 70%. The other EUC rider KS18XL doesn't even bother bringing a charger. I guess, I will start paying more attention to my Voltage reading.

4 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

Roughly speaking yes, but the discharge is not linear and the last approximately 25% drop faster to 0%.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Roughly speaking yes, but the discharge is not linear and the last approximately 25% drop faster to 0%.

Yes it drops extremely fast but it gets you home if your not that far away 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

Well... I'm still trying to understand.. so, Full Charge is 84V (aka 100%), Cut is at 63V (aka 0%) ... 21V to play

To Simplify 84V - 64V = 20V to play ... Every 5V = 25% (Need to simplify so I can look at V for quick math on the fly)

So far, I ride with a OneWheel group... after 14 to 16 miles or so, they are approx at 30% to 40% and my KS App would say 80%. I top off anyway, usually get 90%. They have HyperChargers which gets them to 100%. I have the 5A charger from eWheels, but I don't bring it out with me. I bring the smaller lighter one. After the ride, I'm usually at 67 to 70%. The other EUC rider KS18XL doesn't even bother bringing a charger. I guess, I will start paying more attention to my Voltage reading.

It follows a sigmoidal curve. 

Your voltage drops pretty fast from full charge initially and stabilises in the “middle”. And when reaching the end it drops fast as well. 

• Like 3

On 9/30/2019 at 11:58 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

Same here... and I tend to ride my 16X faster more often than I ride my MSX simply because the 16X just wants to go fast while the MSX requires that much more intent.

I also take my 16X on crazy hills and make it grind up at 3 mph and never the slightest indication of any dipping.
I was even at 30% battery and hitting tilt back at 42kmh.. no problems at all. Very subtle tilt back though. The kind of resistance that the MSX naturally gives me at the same speed so I have to remind myself that 16X tilt back = stop pushing and MSX "tilt back" = push.

FW 1.05.

I'm a light rider though but so is Chris.

omg, how many pages will this thread go on for? Lol. Just entered cause I still receive emails everyday when there are updates... I when I start to read I can't help myself but to read more and to reply... :)

Just wanted to say that I am with my buddy @Mike Sacristan on this one. Have never experienced any dips and it is so freaking easy to come up to speed on this wheel that I really have to tell myself to just take it easy. Am also running fw 05, will probably never change. Went for a ride yesterday (around 1deg C) with range about 30km and the battery went down around 30 %, (weigh 66-67kg).

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

( @Gaz Bon I join the club :roflmao:

Glad yr back on the road and still rolling

@buell47 so did you do a tire off repair

As I had a big split in rim along centre when tire removed 🙁

Yes I saw your rim, that's why I checked that (pushed tire to the side).

It was not splited. :efefc8626c:

9 hours ago, xorbe said:

I got the seat with my KS16X.  Any tips for how to get into the sitting position for a fairly noob rider?

Very similar to the MSX.
I made a clip showing some different ways.
The key is that the heels are raised since the seat is so low.

• Like 2

So something just happened. 

After my wheel was fully charged and I unplugged the stock charger, I sat down on my sofa and about 3 mins later there were 4(or 3?) slow beeps from my wheel. 

Anyone knows what the heck that is about?

In fact a few days ago 2 of my friends also reported their wheel beeping after it was fully charged(but whilst charger was still plugged in). 

Any ideas?

Edited by Garrie Lim

I had some slow beeps when

25 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

So something just happened. 

After my wheel was fully charged and I unplugged the stock charger, I sat down on my sofa and about 3 mins later there were 4(or 3?) slow beeps from my wheel. 

Anyone knows what the heck that is about?

In fact a few days ago 2 of my friends also reported their wheel beeping after it was fully charged(but whilst charger was still plugged in). 

Any ideas?

I had beeps when my wheel was charging at my desk. I presumed it was a charging complete indicator.

Maybe your beeps were somehow delayed?

6 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I had some slow beeps when

I had beeps when my wheel was charging at my desk. I presumed it was a charging complete indicator.

Maybe your beeps were somehow delayed?

That’s strange because I have never heard it before this. I’ve had my wheel fully charged and charger unplugged or it was fully charged and the charger was still plugged in for a while and all sort of different combinations, but have never heard any slow beeps till just now.