KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 hour ago, Gaz Bon said:

What a crock of shit 

Local wholsales add 30% and the can afford to keep spares 

I was told by local stockists here in OZ they would not get 16X till issues sorted out 

This post was removed from FB soon after I replied to a wanky response

So I bought through  a Chinese wholesaler 

I am fully aware of the lack of service care I will get and that is my decision

But KS should release an issue free wheel so nut up or shut and deal with their issues

Piss poor 

Protecting their dealership and distribution partners is not piss poor it’s very smart. Third-party sellers online destroy the distribution system and make for a horrible customer service. It also undercuts the dealers and they are the ones who take care of everyone. I never really understood why some people are so anxious to see others lose their business or be less profitable all so they can save a few dollars. Also those are usually the people that complain the most when they can’t get their product fixed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gaz Bon said:

What a crock of shit 

Local wholsales add 30% and the can afford to keep spares 

I was told by local stockists here in OZ they would not get 16X till issues sorted out 

This post was removed from FB soon after I replied to a wanky response

So I bought through  a Chinese wholesaler 

I am fully aware of the lack of service care I will get and that is my decision

But KS should release an issue free wheel so nut up or shut and deal with their issues

Piss poor 

This will not only effect you but anyone else in your region that might have been a new customer. 

9 minutes ago, Unventor said:

This will not only effect you but anyone else in your region that might have been a new customer. 

How is it going to affect anyone? All they are doing is asking people not to buy from these third-party places that can’t support the product. Of course the English in that note is pretty poor so it’s not easily decipherable. LOL

Hello everyone !
The KS-16X is my first wheel ever and so far I love it a lot. I’ve ridden for two days, it took me 6 hours by myself to comfortably ride it.
I do have however questions to ask (I’m 70kg/154lbs, running on the CX tire at 35 psi, firmware v1.06)

1) The tire feels very comfortable to ride, however bumps and uneven terrain will throw me off balance and I have to ride at very low speed to avoid falling. How can I prevent this ? Does it just come with experience?

2) I still don’t know how to ride past 25kmh/15mph as you might expect, the wheel wobbles because I’m still new at this. How do I deal with this ? I tried to squeeze the wheel harder with my legs but it still wobbles.
I had wobbles early on with my electric skateboard, but they were easier to manage and I could quickly go over 40kmh/24mph

1 hour ago, Nathan Gosamo said:

Hello everyone !
The KS-16X is my first wheel ever and so far I love it a lot. I’ve ridden for two days, it took me 6 hours by myself to comfortably ride it.
I do have however questions to ask (I’m 70kg/154lbs, running on the CX tire at 35 psi, firmware v1.06)

1) The tire feels very comfortable to ride, however bumps and uneven terrain will throw me off balance and I have to ride at very low speed to avoid falling. How can I prevent this ? Does it just come with experience?

2) I still don’t know how to ride past 25kmh/15mph as you might expect, the wheel wobbles because I’m still new at this. How do I deal with this ? I tried to squeeze the wheel harder with my legs but it still wobbles.
I had wobbles early on with my electric skateboard, but they were easier to manage and I could quickly go over 40kmh/24mph

At 70kg I'd start off with 25psi and then just go up in increments as you get used to the wheel ,i started off low but now I'M on 40 psi , i think I'll lower it back to 35/37psi as i prefer a floaty ride and the wheel takes all the bumps , 

Don't go to fast just get used to the wheel for now , aim for some bumps so you get a feeling of what it's like when you do hit em ,,, slow ofc,,, saftey first

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

Practice practice and practice 

You will get the hang of it

Worse thing you can do is go fast and not be in control especially if you hit a bump or need to brake hard 

Wear yr PPE and challenge yr self every day 

Listen to Hip Hop music  it may help 

But then again i listen to the voices in my head and they said Hip Hop was cool, i still dont like it but here you go 

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Don't go to fast just get used to the wheel for now , aim for some bumps so you get a feeling of what it's like when you do hit em ,,, slow ofc,,, saftey first

I agree with what Gaz and Stephen said. Minus the listening to hip hop. :)

Two days is a pretty short amount of time so you are doing well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My tilt-back is set to 50kph. 3rd alarm is at 48kph, and the 1st & 2nd alarm is at 0kph.

OK, now I got it. I didn’t realize there was more to the speed setting screen if you drag upwards which reveals “warping speed“ setting.  This must be the “tilt-back.”   I set it to your parameters and it works!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harvey Pooka said:

Received my 16X today. Firmware 1.06 is automatically installed. No option to keep 1.05.

That's really not true. You must have clicked some button because KingSong does not auto-update it's firmware. That's bummer that you updated by accident.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Hey Folks, 

Quick question on the fan.

What temp does it engage? I have yet to hear it.  All my Gotway’s have the fan going on fairly early.

thanks

The KingSong fans are very quiet compared to the large low-quality fans that Gotway uses. Even under duress, by 16X hasn't exceeded 52-degrees. So I would say if yours is running at or below that number you can be rest assured that it's working.

Also, I believe you can see the status of the fan either in the KingSong app or WheelLog.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The KingSong fans are very quiet compared to the large low-quality fans that Gotway uses. Even under duress, by 16X hasn't exceeded 52-degrees. So I would say if yours is running at or below that number you can be rest assured that it's working.

Also, I believe you can see the status of the fan either in the KingSong app or WheelLog.

I will concur temperature never exceeded 52 C from first ride.  My MSX runs at 54 C.  At same point.

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

That's really not true. You must have clicked some button because KingSong does not auto-update it's firmware. That's bummer that you updated by accident.

Nothing wrong with 1.06

at least not that I’m aware of.

2 hours ago, stephen said:

I've never complained about that:laughbounce2::roflmao::laughbounce2:

Yes it's terrible,I wish they'd hurry with 1.07 it's due about now

ks9f2ifls6kz.jpg

I'd like to be able to charge it to 80% and be able to do my 16 mile round-trip commute without being throttled.

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Except for horrendous speed throttling, yeah, nothing wrong with 1.06 :huh:

Here’s the deal my friend. Obviously the engineers at King Song feel its safer for it to be programmed that way. I very confident they didn’t do it to piss anyone off.  I know I don’t want it to lose power going 27 mph and then me face plant. 

2 hours ago, stephen said:

I've never complained about that:laughbounce2::roflmao::laughbounce2:

Yes it's terrible,I wish they'd hurry with 1.07 it's due about now

I doubt they’re going to change the throttling. If they do it will only be a matter of percentages I imagine.

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:confused1:

Did I miss something in this thread??? @stephen, @Mike Paolini, and others were given access to beta firmware specifically to address the severe throttling. I image Stephen (and others) will be pissed if they only change it by "a matter of percentages".

I'm good because I won't be "downgrading" mine by leaving 1.05

If KingSong doesn't do something more substantial in their fix they'll be saying goodbye to all the performance riders out there

I don’t really know enough about these things man. So what you are telling me is that King Song is wrong and they don’t know what they’re doing? The actual people/engineer who designed, built and programmed the 16X are stupid and have made a programming mistake(s)?  You guys here are aware of the flaw(s) in the software program that they are not aware of and you’re desperately trying to inform them before they lose any future customers? That’s what you’re going with? To be honest with you if you say yes I’ll believe you.

• Like 1