KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

7 minutes ago, Slashebeest said:

Still too early for me, gonna stay on 1.05.

But for those stuck on 1.06, this is good news offcourse.

I'll update tomorrow but I'm riding with the girlfreind so i won't even get to half battery but i can see how smooth it is ๐Ÿ‘

41 minutes ago, stephen said:

How many miles did you get when reaching 70v?ย 

This was a full offroad tour up and down in a small mountain with 1.0.6. No pavement!ย  Tire pressure only 1.4 bar.ย 

84V down to 69.9 V (at stillstand) = 44,5 kmย 

Screenshot-20191001-202022-Komoot.jpg

ย 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I spent way too much time trying to flick the pedals when riding with my friend yesterday. Rode down to 25% battery and started trying to flick up an incline. All I got was a please decelerate.ย I am wary of hitting bumps and stuff like that at speeds around 45 kmh as I feel I am pushing it near it's max. My 3rd alarm is at 45 anyway so I know if I am hearing beeps I should also be extra cautious regarding what I am riding on. I pumped up the tyre a bit this morning though so everything just got twice as exciting. Way too much air in it now lol. I'll play around with that for a while though.

Time for ankle gains!ย 

The motion is like doing an explosive calf raise while leaning backwards (insteand of launching straight up).

Wouldn't worry too much about it, you'll naturally discover it as you ride faster (higher back EMF).

4 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

That said, it did take real intention for me to do it. I've never experienced it in my typical riding.

I experienced it twice this past week: both times cruising at 25mph then slamming into a moderate hill. Just make sure you slow down a bit before hills (20-22 mph), or at least be prepared to snap your COM back.

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I experienced it twice this past week: both times cruising at 25mph then slamming into a moderate hill. Just make sure you slow down a bit before hills (20-22 mph), or at least be prepared to snap your COM back.

I doubt I can go faster than the wheel's top speed although I have tried.ย ย :efee612b4b:
Was this with or without the bluetooth speaker on?
I have already noticed crazy forward tilt behaviour with the bluetooth speaker on and I no longer use it.
BLUEHTOOTH IS OFF.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I have already noticed crazy forward tilt behaviour with the bluetooth speaker on and I no longer use it.
BLUEHTOOTH IS OFF.

With 1.0.6 and the BT patch I had no problems at all and music is always playing.ย 

4 minutes ago, buell47 said:

With 1.0.6 and the BT patch I had no problems at all and music is always playing.ย 

Does the Bluetooth patch still stay in place even if you update firmware . I'm asking cause I've had no problems on 1.05,1.06 and test fimware

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I doubt I can go faster than the wheel's top speed although I have tried.ย ย :efee612b4b:
Was this with or without the bluetooth speaker on?
BLUEHTOOTH IS OFF.

How are you turning it off?

2 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

How are you turning it off?

In the wheel settings in the King Song app, there is the "Voice Control" section, where you can turn on/off bluetooth audio, as well as turn off the vocal warnings in exchange for beeps.ย ๐Ÿ‘

EDIT: I just realized that when I updated to V1.07, I turned bluetooth music back on in case that was the reason why I couldn't get the app to download the update (it wasn't). I turned it back off, and on the way home I'll try flicking the pedals again, though I'm kinda skeptical.

EDIT 2: Yeah, I can still get the pedals to tilt. Doesn't work every time, but I can do it. The battery didn't get down below 70V, but I didn't get throttled down to 19mph. I was able to ride the whole way at 25mph no problem!

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 3

As soon as I turned on BT audio, my wheel slowly rotated forward.ย  I was standing on the ground with the wheel between my legs. (1.05 wheel from the eWheels batch that went out a couple weeks ago)

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

in the King Song app, there is the "Voice Control" section, where you can turn on/off bluetooth audio

Omg, thank you for this. Iโ€™m still on 1.05 and itโ€™s been doing the slow, steep forward tilt and recently after struggling to plow through some strangely-thick grass it suddenly lost half the torque. ย I checked to voltage (76) and temp (46c) so everything seemed to be fine. ย Walked into this cafe to check the app (I only have WiFi enabled iPad) and saw your post. ย I will test now...

UPDATE (5 minutes later): ย Lightening!! ย I think itโ€™s faster than before, lol. ย Thanks again - serendipitous!

Edited by CampDylan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CampDylan said:

UPDATE (5 minutes later): ย Lightening!! ย I think itโ€™s faster than before, lol. ย Thanks again - serendipitous!

What? Your 16X is faster when you have Bluetooth disabled?ย :confused1:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I don't think disabling voice control disables bluetooth though? My wheel doesn't get the 'please decelerate' voice anymore, just beeps. Yet I can still connect bluetooth speakers + wheelog?

No, disablingย the voice control will not disables any bluetooth.

ย 

The switch below will disable just Bluetooth-Music, not Bluetooth-Data. You can use of course WheelLog.

If this switch turnsย of Bluetooth completely, there where no chance to connect the Kingsong App again to change any settings.ย :laughbounce2:

ย 

• Like 3

Is it normal with KS that the 1st and 2nd speed alarm only works when voice prompts are deactivated?

If Voice Prompts is activated, only the 3rd Speed Alarm works.

Of course it would be stupid if "Please decelerate" sounds at every alarm level, but at least it could give out the beeps for the 1st and 2nd alarm and then "please decelerate" for the 3rd alarm.

The vibrating alarm on my smartphone doesn't work for me either, no matter if voice prompts are enabled or disabled.

Yesterday I couldn't hear the warning "Please decelerate" anymore in strong headwinds above 40km/h, so the vibration alarm would be important for me.

WheelLog can do that, but it is not comparable, because only fixed values work.

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

Finally gave in to temptation and paid for a 16x despite all the problems its been having. Was digging the old posts for a solutionย just in case mine came stuckย with 1.0.7 and found this

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/4415-ks16-downgrading-firmware/

Does anyone know if this trick still works, andย is there anyone who canย provide the precious 1.0.5 file if it does? Haha

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

Is it normal with KS that the 1st and 2nd speed alarm only works when voice prompts are deactivated?

If Voice Prompts is activated, only the 3rd Speed Alarm works.

Of course it would be stupid if "Please decelerate" sounds at every alarm level, but at least it could give out the beeps for the 1st and 2nd alarm and then "please decelerate" for the 3rd alarm.

The vibrating alarm on my smartphone doesn't work for me either, no matter if voice prompts are enabled or disabled.

Yesterday I couldn't hear the warning "Please decelerate" anymore in strong headwinds above 40km/h, so the vibration alarm would be important for me.

WheelLog can do that, but it is not comparable, because only fixed values work.

Yes it's normal. Definitely not desirable though.
I have never tried the vibration but I use iOS so it's not relevant to you as you use Android.

My third alarm is at 45 kmh and somewhere around there the tilt back kicks in depending on battery level.

• Like 1

When my KS16X arrives tomorrow i think its FW is something older than 1.05 probably. Can i Go to 1.05 or is there only possibility Go 1.07 by App update ?ย 

Edited by onkeldanuel

11 hours ago, buell47 said:

What? Your 16X is faster when you have Bluetooth disabled?ย :confused1:

Probably just psychosomatic. ย I think while the Bluetooth was on it was constantly interfering with the performance as it hunted for my iPad pairing. ย Once I turned it off it was suddenlyย consistently zippy & responsive . ย It has inspired a riding style like Chooch Tech, a sort of roller rink dancing style, darting left & right, carving.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CampDylan said:

Probably just psychosomatic. ย I think while the Bluetooth was on it was constantly interfering with the performance as it hunted for my iPad pairing. ย Once I turned it off it was suddenlyย consistently zippy & responsive . ย It has inspired a riding style like Chooch Tech, a sort of roller rink dancing style, darting left & right, carving.

All that from turning Bluetooth off๐Ÿ˜

Mines on I'll have to try ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

Has the percentage display been optimized in 1.0.7 so that at first glance it looks as if the throttling will start later?

Can someone with 1.0.5 or 1.0.6 check the chart in the manual whether volt and percent match the display data in the KS App??ย 

ย 

Screenshot-20191002-213701-Drive.jpg

ย 

Screenshot-20191002-212009-Quick-Pic.jpg

ย 

Screenshot-20191002-213622-Quick-Pic.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

My very limited testing on the FW side for anyone interested. Riding weight 95kg.

1.06 50% battery at rest, smooth acceleration, throttling (please decelerate) at ~31/32kph according to GPS.

1.07 40% battery at rest, smooth acceleration, no throttling atย ~31/32kph according to GPS.

Happy with that.

• Like 2