KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

23 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

Nice... I was fed up with foam, too. It was splitting up after 2 weeks of use.  Here's my version:

EUCstand.jpg

Holy shit, if my heating technician had insulated my heating pipes like your 16X, I would have sued him, even if nobody would have seen it later. :efef2e0fff:

Use at least a cutter knife and not the dog to make/tear the small pieces of foam. :D

Edited by buell47
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Just came back from 24 miles ride.  Wow 16X is a Mt.  Goat... Set a new record to crest 50 min.  Now gotta ride MSX with purpose to beat the time lol.

The 16x surley does eat up them hills with little effort than some other wheels plus the 3" tyre for grip 👍

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 5:58 AM, stephen said:

The 16x surley does eat up them hills with little effort than some other wheels plus the 3" tyre for grip 👍

This 16X surprised me.  I rode ACM2 on same trail, you can do it, with much more effort and much slower pace.  I looked at the photo and realized in such a hurry to ride 16X. I've forgotten to put on the knee pads and right wrist guard LOL...

• Like 1

I finally achieved 200 km on my second batch 16 X, firmware 1.05. I went to the change speed setting and agreed on two separate pages of fine print disclaimers and safety etc. However, making any changes to the sliders doesn’t stick, rather, it Just reverts back to the 18/19/20km stock setting.  Any changes in the sliders prompts a small caption bubble with a red “x” and “setting_parameter”

Is there something else I need to do?

Edited by CampDylan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CampDylan said:

I finally achieved 200 km on my second batch 16 X, firmware 1.05. I went to the change speed setting and agreed on two separate pages of fine print disclaimers and safety etc. However, making any changes to the sliders doesn’t stick, rather, it Just reverts back to the 18/19/20km stock setting.  Any changes in the sliders prompts a small caption bubble with a red “x” and “setting_parameter”

Is there something else I need to do?

Download the app from kingsong website,, and login/ register if you haven't already

Btw you only had to do 10km to change speed setting to max😁

Edited by stephen
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, stephen said:

Download the app from kingsong website,, and login/ register

Yes, I have the app and am logged in in order to do all those changes already.  The app made me agree to safety terms in going forward with changes which I affirmed.

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Sometimes if you don't enter the right combination of values, none of them take.

My tilt-back is set to 50kph. 3rd alarm is at 48kph, and the 1st & 2nd alarm is at 0kph.

Okay, as these things tend to happen - it fixed itself!   In between trying to figure the speed setting out I also figured out how to change from kilometers per hour over to miles per hour so I change that and started riding down the sidewalk and it’s now limiting me to 6 mph.  I couldn’t stop laughing as it  constantly blasted everyone I passed on the sidewalk with “PLEASE DECELERATE’TAHH!”, I mean I thought it funny enough whenever it would randomly do this, but... So two more blocks down the way I found one of my other Wi-Fi hotspots and was able to  look into the speed setting again when I find I can suddenly set the  parameters how I like! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Sometimes if you don't enter the right combination of values, none of them take.

My tilt-back is set to 50kph. 3rd alarm is at 48kph, and the 1st & 2nd alarm is at 0kph.

So does that mean you did get your 16x afterall? (I might have missed it somewhere in the last 172 pages worth of posts!)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

So does that mean you did get your 16x afterall? (I might have missed it somewhere in the last 172 pages worth of posts!)

Yes, I received it awhile ago. I'm starting to put 16X videos on my YouTube channel

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

My tilt-back is set to 50kph

So there's a separate setting other than the 3 listed in "Speed Setting"? (first level alarm, second level alarm, third level alarm)  Speaking of which, what's that button slider at the top for with the Chinese characters?

19 minutes ago, ElectriQ User said:

Very easy, KS encourage you to buy locally instead from China. This is to make it possible to get EUC spread and to have dealers that can help out customers in their region, rather than people saving some bucks and KS have to sort out things when people need spare parts and service.

If you are to grow markets you need it to be more accessible not just to buy but also to get service.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Very easy, KS encourage you to buy locally instead from China. This is to make it possible to get EUC spread and to have dealers that can help out customers in their region, rather than people saving some bucks and KS have to sort out things when people need spare parts and service.

If you are to grow markets you need it to be more accessible not just to buy but also to get service.

Agree with that, but sometimes the prices for the EUC in Europe are very very high, even with 1000$ more than the China prices, so many people prefer to buy from China/Aliexpress, the EUC phenomenon is spreading much faster like this ;)

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ElectriQ User said:

Agree with that, but sometimes the prices for the EUC in Europe are very very high, even with 1000$ more than the China prices, so many people prefer to buy from China/Aliexpress, the EUC phenomenon is spreading much faster like this ;)

I shall not hide that I like to save money, but I rather support a good local dealer. Unfortunately imho people are too focused on saving than what the cost of that saving is. @Micheal Shen posted the reason.

This is also why dvd movies had region codes. So this is not a new approach to things. But this is sidestepping the thread, so I will not discuss this here any further.