KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

I think the KS16X is more wheel than I want.  I mean, I'll keep at it and figure it out, but is there a quality 14" wheel that feels like the MTen3?  (ie, not so top heavy.)  I can get the KS16X up and down the street alternating u-turns left and right, but eventually after a couple minutes I lose it.  It takes so much more effort than the MTen3 it's not even funny.  I just think to go forward and the MTen3 goes, it's so responsive.  I don't get that feeling with the KS16X.

For those interested in the brushless motors that power our wheels.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/news/rewind-brushless-motors

It may make things clearer or more obscure for some people. :whistling:

I must say that I rewound quite a few brushless motors 10 years ago to experiment on model aircrafts...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

MCM5 is the answer

But I would give your 16X more time. Ride it 500 miles first and then see how it compares. You will get used to it but it's not made to be similar to Mten3. 

Thanks!  Yeah I simply grabbed a small wheel and 16" to dive head first into euc.  It's a top notch wheel, so I'll at least master it before deciding to sell or not later.  I'll put the MCM5 on my short list for next year.

13 hours ago, xorbe said:

I think the KS16X is more wheel than I want.  I mean, I'll keep at it and figure it out, but is there a quality 14" wheel that feels like the MTen3?  (ie, not so top heavy.)  I can get the KS16X up and down the street alternating u-turns left and right, but eventually after a couple minutes I lose it.  It takes so much more effort than the MTen3 it's not even funny.  I just think to go forward and the MTen3 goes, it's so responsive.  I don't get that feeling with the KS16X.

KS16X is my first wheel. I'm only at 200 miles according to KS App. My challenge now is hitting curbs during group rides (crashed twice) and getting use to riding in jeans (been riding in shorts all this time) and jeans feels weird by the ankles where I connect with the Kuji pads. On the last ride, I  tried KS18XL. I couldn't get comfortable on it. I'm thinking it has a lot to do with muscle memory and you have to put in the time to own it.

Edited by DragonFZ
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Try this:

When I read the post you replied to That clip was first thing I though off. This is a pretty good tutorial video. I just didn't recall the title.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

The 5V circuitry that controls the "logic" (aka electronics). Silly stuff such as .... the power button :facepalm:

You learn something every day ... Sorry to hear though ☹️

7 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Please decelerate came at 38-39 km/h and 25% battery (at slow acceleration)

So it must be full power to 70v and from 70v to 66/67v at 23/24 mph that's a good compromise i think it depends on how hard you press the pedal so you don't surge the voltage .. How many miles did you get when reaching 70v? 

I'm glad they listened to us 👍👍

Did it seem better acceleration and smoother

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, stephen said:

So it must be full power to 70v

Yes, I think the same, I reached 46km/h at 70V and no "please decelerate". But because of heavy storm today I didn't want to go any faster. 

8 minutes ago, stephen said:

How many miles did you get when reaching 70v? 

Can't say that, I startet today with 76V. 

9 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm glad they listened to u

Yes, but I hope I will not faceplanted next time in the woods with lower battery between 50-25% :D

16 minutes ago, stephen said:

Did it seem better acceleration and smoother

yes, no, yes, no, yes........ but it was because I had alternately 50km/h tailwind or headwind :laughbounce2:

• Like 3