KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes great stand! I love how clean and organized his work area is. 

It is almost to 0.85 @Rehab1 contraption R&D Inc labs standard.... :popcorn:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It is almost to 0.85 @Rehab1 contraption R&D Inc labs standard.... :popcorn:

My issue is jumping from project to project while leaving little messes along the way. 

• Like 2

@xorbeThe same thing started with me after 800km. Suddenly at faster speed almost only straight ahead at light carving only tilt forward. Then slowly back to normal within 5-10 seconds. Repeats itself sporadically again and again. I didn't have a crash yet! Re-calibration did not help. I have Bluetooth patch from the first day and always hear full volume without any problems. Bluetooth deactivated for test purposes, but no change here either.

I installed a new Control Board yesterday, but the test ride is still pending.

My wheel is one of the very first ones and I have a V1.4 Control Board. Now a V1.5 has been delivered.

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, xorbe said:

I got my 16X up to speed a couple days ago, and the pedals tilted forward, that's unnerving!

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

@xorbeThe same thing started with me after 800km. Suddenly at faster speed almost only straight ahead at light carving only tilt forward. Then slowly back to normal within 5-10 seconds. Repeats itself sporadically again and again. I didn't have a crash yet! Re-calibration did not help. I have Bluetooth patch from the first day and always hear full volume without any problems. Bluetooth deactivated for test purposes, but no change here either.

I installed a new Control Board yesterday, but the test ride is still pending.

My wheel is one of the very first ones and I have a V1.4 Control Board. Now a V1.5 has been delivered.

That's crazy stuff and very worrying!

I got pedals tilted forward a couple of times when I was under 50%, transitioning to small inclines and also listening to music.
I had to power cycle the 16X for them to straighten out.
I have rarely used the speakers since then and I haven't had the problem since then either.

Mine is also first batch. I have done 42kmh all the way down to 25% battery (Darknessbot estimate) with no troubles.
FW 1.05.

My wife is riding it now though and so far so good.

I took it for a spin yesterday and was hitting soft tiltback and 45kmh at slightly over 50% battery.
My third alarm is set at 45kmh and sometimes I couldn't reach it before soft tiltback.
I also tried hitting some bumps, irregularities, etc on the road while riding at that speed to see how it behaved and there was no dipping or yielding.

I ride more agressively than my wife ever will so it can survive me it should survive her barring any sidewalk curbs that she might plow through with stiff technique.

3 hours ago, buell47 said:

@xorbeThe same thing started with me after 800km.

Now I’m concerned. I hoped that I had simply been fortunate enough to receive a statistically rare, problem-free 16X from the first production batch. I would not have expected that the random tilting issue (as reported by @Mike Paolini and others) would develop over time. To date, I have never experienced the tilting phenomenon—and hope I never do. I have been diligent with installing the system firmware updates; applying them within weeks of public release. And I’ve put hundreds of miles on v1.07, in particular.  That said, I never bothered to apply the Bluetooth patch, as I’ve never had a case of the tilts.

Now that I’m closing in on the 800km milestone (is kilometerstone a thing?), @buell47 has me worried. Has anyone else developed this malady after hundreds of miles of trouble free service? What kind of components in the control system would be likely to age or wear out over time? Electrolytic capacitors? Mechanical sensors? Are the “solid state” linear rate sensors (gyros) subject to wear? Has KingSong @Micheal Shen put forth any explanation other than the original Bluetooth interference theory (which always seemed dubious to me)? 

Just to make it clearer.

I have from the beginning a minimal tilt (hardly to feel) when I make slow and very narrow curves. Since I had the same behaviour with my V8, it never bothered me. I think this is normal behavior.

What we're talking about now is something completely different.
It only tilts forward slowly, stays that way for a short time and usually slowly returns to normal after 5-10 seconds. It's not so strong that I fall down in front, but so strong that it's extremely annoying when riding, especially as it occurs at higher speeds. Would say 25 - 50 km/h.

It started at 800km and now up to the exchange of the Control Board I drove another 400km with Bluetooth deactivated. I still had the problem all the way up to 1200 km. I am curious what my next test drive shows, if it gets warmer soon again.

I have Firmware V1.0.7 (updated from V1.0.6)

Edited by buell47

10 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I have from the beginning a minimal tilt (hardly to feel) when I make slow and very narrow curves. Since I had the same behaviour with my V8, it never bothered me. I think this is normal behavior.

Thanks for the clarification. I too came to the 16X from a V8 (Solowheel Glide 3, to be precise). I agree that the slow turning pedal dip behavior is not particularly problematic. I always assumed that's just how some EUCs work. 

Please keep us posted on your results with the new control board. I certainly hope that they have identified and permanently fixed the root cause of the random forward tilt at speed. I would definitely not be pleased if I have to swap control boards every 800-1200km. I should probably knock on wood; I've been tilt-free so far...

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

It only tilts forward slowly, stays that way for a short time and usually slowly returns to normal after 5-10 seconds. It's not so strong that I fall down in front, but so strong that it's extremely annoying when riding, especially as it occurs at higher speeds. Would say 25 - 50 km/h.

Yes that's the one.  My first time breaching 25 kph in a straight line, the pedals tilt forward, then a soft return.  I guess mine is second batch (Sep'19) with stock 1.05 FW as delivered.

Could it be that the forward tilt is caused by overloaded CPU? If the CPU is pegged at 100% utilization by either a bug in the code (endless loop in one of the threads), or by streaming music, or by scanning for Bluetooth devices in a crowded place - then the balancing algorithm will lag and process gyro/accelerometer data with some delay, which means the motor does not catch up with the rider.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xorbe said:

Yes that's the one.  My first time breaching 25 kph in a straight line, the pedals tilt forward, then a soft return.  I guess mine is second batch (Sep'19) with stock 1.05 FW as delivered.

Are you sure yours is second batch? Mine was earlier than that (Aug '19) and came with FW1.06. No pedal tilt problems but I ride slower and with bluetooth disabled.

There is a poll on Facebook. KS16X 100V, with 21700 cells.. would you buy it?

I feel the KS16X with it’s responsiveness, usability, agility is only missing one ☝ more thing.. more power buffer.. the power is not necessarily for top speed, it is more for having that power when you need it and to help the wheel stay up right...

VOTE  NOW TO BE HEARD :clap3:

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

There is a poll on Facebook. KS16X 100V, with 21700 cells.. would you buy it?

I feel the KS16X with it’s responsiveness, usability, agility is only missing one ☝ more thing.. more power buffer.. the power is not necessarily for top speed, it is more for having that power when you need it and to help the wheel stay up right...

VOTE  NOW TO BE HEARD :clap3:

Pointless making it 100v without increasing the top speed, otherwise the 16X is fine as it is :confused1:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KAY GEE said:

Pointless making it 100v without increasing the top speed, otherwise the 16X is fine as it is :confused1:

Technically it also could allow more grunt (ie, higher power draw) at the same speed, but that depends on firmware and what the motor and everything else can sustain ... and if the present 84V battery was already current limited.

I rode 16 miles today.  Didn't realize how cold my body got, my gosh I was a popsicle for 2 hours when I got back, chilled to the bone!!!  Dress warmly.