KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

17 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So how much weight does a 1 person life raft add to your gear?😉 

Here we have 🌨🥶 incoming..

Where you live you at least have winter and some of the "fun" that comes along with it (such as snow).

Where I live we have 2 seasons: summer and autumn. Summer is that month where it's 30 degrees, autumn is the other 11 months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

I just took a look at your EUC list. You are likely to have some mileage with those wheels. I found that you can break hard but it is something that you need to practice to keep the forces in control. Over doing it leads to wobbles, wobbles leads to fear, fear leads to loss of the force. At witch point you are no long a magic jedi. 😫

Thanks for the insight! I should be able to get some riding in on Saturday. I have used a technique For braking that I learned  here on the forum from @Hunka Hunka Burning Love that seems to almost eliminate wobbles, at least on my other wheels. I wonder if the technique will work the same on the 16x.........tbd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

At least you can ride.

Here it has been raining nearly non-stop for months :/

chart.thumb.jpeg.01ee1670ad79ab15df3dbc5988987532.jpeg

Those small bars show the rain days per month.

September: 18

October: 20

November: 21

Fun fun fun!

That's crazy! The Z10 should manage though right? Or is it not worth the risk?
Damn that's a lot of rainy days. I would do my best to waterproof the hell out of the wheel in that case.. but then... there we are riding in the rain and that can get a bit tiring.
Although some of my more fun rides have been in the rain. :) 

Just now, Mike Sacristan said:

That's crazy! The Z10 should manage though right? Or is it not worth the risk?
Damn that's a lot of rainy days. I would do my best to waterproof the hell out of the wheel in that case.. but then... there we are riding in the rain and that can get a bit tiring.
Although some of my more fun rides have been in the rain. :) 

I have absolutely zero fun in riding in the rain. Thanks but no thanks :D 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I have absolutely zero fun in riding in the rain. Thanks but no thanks :D 

The faster you go, the more oblique the rain is. Perhaps, using a police anti-riot shield would help block the rain? We already look almost like this anyway when geared up (we even have [camera] sticks!), so why not?

paulson-tactical-riot-shields-bs-2-publi

Edited by Aneta
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jpd said:

Thanks for the insight! I should be able to get some riding in on Saturday. I have used a technique For braking that I learned  here on the forum from @Hunka Hunka Burning Love that seems to almost eliminate wobbles, at least on my other wheels. I wonder if the technique will work the same on the 16x.........tbd

To me the KS16X behaves more like a Z10 than a V10F. 

So it were shaky first 100m this morning. It is so easy to turn sharp in very low speed, just like the Z10. The V10F feels more like it will tumble over due to top placed battery. 

But despite the shaky start with a sports bag packed on my shoulder/side, I made it just in time. Now it just takes 1 hour to get the drop medic to keep my rheumatic inflammation in check. Same procedure every 9 weeks. The nurses comment the EUC every time I come here.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, mrelwood said:

This really stuck with me. You could buy a top wheel every year with just with those saved fees. Or take a holiday trip to warm south. Or just save up a good amount of funds.

These really are marvellous devices!

I am trying to see if I can handle the winter without using the car. In that case I can save like 600$ or 6000sek every month. 

But it is hard to give up the long range and comfort of the car.

Last year I rode about 3000 km on EUC. Compared to my car I used about 3500km, fewer fares but longer.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tazarinho said:

Didn't prevent me from doing over 4000 km in those months! :P

Maybe you can ride those days here it doesn't rain :p For me it also has to match my schedule, leaving even less choice.

Anyway, it's the same as last year, where I ended up with a dead Z10 that needed opening because I didn't use it for 6 months.

49 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I am trying to see if I can handle the winter without using the car. In that case I can save like 600$ or 6000sek every month. 

But it is hard to give up the long range and comfort of the.

Last year I rode about 3000 km on EUC. Compared to my car I used about 3500km, fewer fares but longer.

If those 3500km is 5 700km trips it's going to be hard :D 

9 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Maybe you can ride those days here it doesn't rain :p For me it also has to match my schedule, leaving even less choice.

Anyway, it's the same as last year, where I ended up with a dead Z10 that needed opening because I didn't use it for 6 months.

To be fair only 200 or 300 of those km were actually in the rain. I have reasonably flexible working hours so I have some leeway in planning the time I arrive and leave. In the weekends I also plan my rides at non-rain times.

Buienradar is my friend!

4 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

If those 3500km is 5 700km trips it's going to be hard :D 

Most are 25+ km us about 900km when I went to Stockholm (but I could have done that by train, which would have been a bit faster).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tazarinho said:

To be fair only 200 or 300 of those km were actually in the rain. I have reasonably flexible working hours so I have some leeway in planning the time I arrive and leave. In the weekends I also plan my rides at non-rain times.

Good idea, but I have a busy schedule and a kid I can't leave at home :D (well she has her own wheel, but it's not exactly the same speed-wise :p).

13 hours ago, Tazarinho said:

Buienradar is my friend!

Mine too, but not for euc'ing. :D 

Where I live the roads are also a disaster this time of year. Lots of farmers and lots of mud everywhere. It's just one big filthy mess.

On 12/20/2019 at 1:08 PM, Aneta said:

The faster you go, the more oblique the rain is.

I live in Wellington, New Zealand... Even when you are standing still, the rain hits you horizontally!

If you are riding in just the right direction, you can almost stay dry. But for the other 359 directions, consider yourself screwed!

I think we need to refocus on a water solution for our EUC's...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I live in Wellington, New Zealand... Even when you are standing still, the rain hits you horizontally!

If you are riding in just the right direction, you can almost stay dry. But for the other 359 directions, consider yourself screwed!

I think we need to refocus on a water solution for our EUC's...

I live in southern CA where the first 5min of rain is confusing, but I'd still love water protection! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Joss said:

Hello, could you post a link to the technique?

Don’t know if I’d be able to find it, it was on a pretty old thread. Basically it’s applying pressure differently on each foot. For example, when braking I apply force with my left heel and raise my right heel slightly, so that the pressure is on the ball of my right foot. This technique has almost completely eliminated the braking wobbles (for me at least) 

• Like 3

On 12/16/2019 at 4:50 AM, RoadRunner said:

I am 1,75m and i have no problems riding seated on the 16X. :)

I did some more practicing today and I managed to sit down. My mistake was not sitting far enough to the front of the euc. Now I manage to relieve pressure from my feet, but it still feels a bit weird how far my upper body has to lean forward to accelerate.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 8:20 PM, stephen said:

It's called king song soft tuner and when you press upgrade fimware it lets you choose which one , i think it's needed to test the differences between firmware

Do you happend to know how you can set a top speed limit in the soft tuner app?

16 hours ago, Tegulf said:

Do you happend to know how you can set a top speed limit in the soft tuner app?

I know that one...

Soft Tuner

The numbers shown above... Level one, two and three are the alarm settings and Pedal upward is the tilt-back speed.

Put in the values that you want and then "Alarm Set" to set them.

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I know that one...

Soft Tuner

The numbers shown above... Level one, two and three are the alarm settings and Pedal upward is the tilt-back speed.

Put in the values that you want and then "Alarm Set" to set them.

I have the elwctric scooter ks-x1. And was given soft tuner app to change speed limit but no instruction.

From what i have figured out the first number controlls the push to start speed. As the scooter requires 2km/h push to start throtteling as standard.

I set the other 3 to 0 aswell but no change in top speed.

Are there some hidden menus?

4 minutes ago, Tegulf said:

I have the elwctric scooter ks-x1. And was given soft tuner app to change speed limit but no instruction.

From what i have figured out the first number controlls the push to start speed. As the scooter requires 2km/h push to start throtteling as standard.

I set the other 3 to 0 aswell but no change in top speed.

Are there some hidden menus?

This is a screenshot of my app. I dont have the set alarm button.

https://imgur.com/a/FVn2IwC