KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

On 12/11/2019 at 7:25 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

16X first batch so it is with the original CX321 tyre.
The MSX and Tesla performed just as well though and the MSX has the slickest tyre of the bunch and over 7000km on it.
I was more worried about how the 16X would behave with snow getting stuck in the wheel well, whether it would eventually get too cold, cut off or just die.

What tyre pressure you use when riding in snow?

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

First ride in over 2 months today ... and I nearly crashed the first meters :lol:

As some of you might recall my KS16X died, and I had the control board replaced. What I didn't realise was that new control board = new serial = technically a new EUC. So I turn it on, don't give it any thought and ride off as I am used to doing. All of the sudden the pedals tilt 30 degrees back and the wheel yells PLEASE SLOW DOWN. I nearly fell off.

FFS ... Since this is a new control board and it's on the 1.0.7 FW I had to ride 10km at no faster than 20km/h before being able to unlock the speed of my "new" wheel. Well that's a LOOONG ride on your own if you are used to riding a lot faster ....

All is good now.

I also have the seat and tried it. This is clearly made for small Chinese people. I don't see this of being any use on this height of wheel. I can get my bum to touch it, but really sitting down requires a lot of bending of the hips and the knees, and with all the layers + protections on my leg that becomes a very uncomfortable experience for my legs. On top of that I have zero speed control when squatting down like that. Impossible for me to go faster and put pressure on the front of the euc. No idea how anyone bigger than 1m75 will be able to use this. It's like slav squatting on your euc. It's possible but it doesn't really increase the ride comfort. Then again, I learned that slav squat skills are genetic, so maybe people in other countries have more luck :D 

Scary! The tilt is brutal when set to low speeds. No soft tilt-back at all.

Are your heels up when riding seated? If not.. get them up! True slavs can do it with their heels down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Scary! The tilt is brutal when set to low speeds. No soft tilt-back at all.

You can say that again :lol: 

7 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Are your heels up when riding seated? If not.. get them up! True slavs can do it with their heels down.

Heels down. I'll give it another try soon heels up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Yes you can. With a short press on power button you can switch through the different light modes. After power on the light is always in Auto Mode.

Auto Mode = Light Sensor is active = if it's dark:

a) dimmed low Beam at standstill 

b) full Low Beam from start til 10 km/h

c) full Low + High Beam over 10 km/h

d) if it's not dark = light is off

e) light is off and it's dark:

- a car comes towards you 

- you pass a bright streetlight or a shop windows :roflmao:

After:

1st press = full High + Low Beam

2nd press = full only High Beam 

3rd press = full Low Beam 

4th press = off

If you want back to AUTO MODE =

a) you have to use the King Song App

b) powercycle the wheel

Small question = big answer :efee612b4b:

Nice answer. Might just add it depends on what fw you use. Early fw didn't have all modes. I don't recall if all these were added at 1.05 or 1.06. I still would recommend to use 1.07, but that is a personal choice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, buell47 said:

Yes you can. With a short press on power button you can switch through the different light modes. After power on the light is always in Auto Mode.

Auto Mode = Light Sensor is active = if it's dark:

a) dimmed low Beam at standstill 

b) full Low Beam from start til 10 km/h

c) full Low + High Beam over 10 km/h

d) if it's not dark = light is off

e) light is off and it's dark:

- a car comes towards you 

- you pass a bright streetlight or a shop windows :roflmao:

After:

1st press = full High + Low Beam

2nd press = full High Beam 

3rd press = full Low Beam 

4th press = off

If you want back to AUTO MODE =

a) you have to use the King Song App

b) power cycle the wheel

Small question = big answer 

Thank you! However, I actually meant the Coloured LED-strip lights, not the headlight! Sorry for the confusion.

16 hours ago, buell47 said:

Yes, that's right.

No Auto Mode in 1.0.5

They added it in 1.0.6, but with bugs and a different behavior. 

The bug was fixed in 1.0.7 and optimized the behavior.

I had 1.0.7 from the start, so I wasn't aware that it wasn't present before. I rarely use Auto-mode because of the fact that it turns off at night when there are bright street lights. But a headlight is still a legal requirement, so can't let that happen. :)

1 hour ago, Tazarinho said:

I actually meant the Coloured LED-strip lights, not the headlight! Sorry for the confusion.

LOL....no, for Ambient lights you need the King Song or the EUC.World / WheelLog App.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 6:19 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

Did some riding in snow yesterday. The 16X performed perfectly. I left it in a big bucket after the ride.

Funny how it spits out so much snow in front of itself so that I can ride more snow while riding snow.

Now there's probably a ton of dirt and goo in there so I will ride it out on the nice wet roads so it gets a shower.

Love the vid, especially the Walrus tusks the 16X gets! :D

Do you do any other maintenance after riding in the snow, aside from riding on wet roads?

8 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yesterday I tried to do a j-turn in a parking lot though and dropped the wheel. A lot of dirt came out.
Does that count?

Haha, when I was teaching my brother to ride he dropped the wheel and the same thing happened. He thought I was going to be annoyed but I thanked him for cleaning the wheel. :D

Aside from that for the V8 I scheduled a day every month where I clean the wheel house with a radiator brush. Otherwise the caked mud starts rubbing against the tire.

I just wondered with the snow, if you weren't worried that you would get water in the wheel and maybe opened it up afterwards to dry out.

33 minutes ago, Tazarinho said:

Haha, when I was teaching my brother to ride he dropped the wheel and the same thing happened. He thought I was going to be annoyed but I thanked him for cleaning the wheel. :D

Aside from that for the V8 I scheduled a day every month where I clean the wheel house with a radiator brush. Otherwise the caked mud starts rubbing against the tire.

I just wondered with the snow, if you weren't worried that you would get water in the wheel and maybe opened it up afterwards to dry out.

Yeah I know what you mean about the snow + water but since I spend half my time riding on wet surfaces I figure it's the same thing.
And who knows when that magical day will come when I get a drop of water in the wrong place lol... I think about it sometimes.

I just put it in a bucket like I do with the MSX and let it dry. I've been caught out in light rain a few times too but if I know I am purposely going to ride in rain then I tape over the front and back rubber covers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jpd said:

A little late to the party but, better late than never! Looking forward to getting some miles on this puppy, too bad it’s winter 🥶 

AF342BA9-3916-4065-B5D3-5CFEEA8D3EF9.jpeg

Going to be interesting to hear how the KS16X sots with you 😉 (wordplay from your picture). 

I just took a look at your EUC list. You are likely to have some mileage with those wheels. I found that you can break hard but it is something that you need to practice to keep the forces in control. Over doing it leads to wobbles, wobbles leads to fear, fear leads to loss of the force. At witch point you are no long a magic jedi. 😫

Looking forward to see some reflective thoughts with the wide range of wheels you have. :popcorn:

My KS16X has been sleeping but tomorrow I a likely to do a early morning commute to hospital. Saves me like 7-8$ in parking and congestion fees. 

We have had poorly weather with rain risk almost every day since I got my KS16X from repair. So the V10F have done the work instead of 110km since I bought it on 11.11.

Looking forward to the ride at 6.30am in 5 C degrees and pitch dark. The headlight is just so much better on KS16X compared to the V10F.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Went for a ride with my wife today. We did some energy consumption comparison and it seems quite even.

At least you can ride.

Here it has been raining nearly non-stop for months :/

chart.thumb.jpeg.01ee1670ad79ab15df3dbc5988987532.jpeg

Those small bars show the rain days per month.

September: 18

October: 20

November: 21

Fun fun fun!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

At least you can ride.

Here it has been raining nearly non-stop for months :/

chart.thumb.jpeg.01ee1670ad79ab15df3dbc5988987532.jpeg

Those small bars show the rain days per month.

September: 18

October: 20

November: 21

Fun fun fun!

So how much weight does a 1 person life raft add to your gear?😉 

Here we have 🌨🥶 incoming..