New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

24 minutes ago, MacPara said:

And then it wouldn't block the view of the brake light for guys behind you... win-win. 

BTW, why is the brake light on almost all the time? It didn't look there was any real deceleration going on ....

The break light is supposed to be always on (like your rear car lights), but when you decelerate it's supposed to get brighter (again, like your car).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Some parts of my first couple of kilometres. Still need to unlock it and learn its character better before going faster. 

Nice video man! :thumbup:

What's with the blinking tail light? Does it blink instead getting brighter when you decelerate? :blink1:

Nice video, definitely quieter engine noise, probably pre-series motors did not have resine on the windings to prevent vibrations.

This must be quite a change from your S2, having sold my msuper3 while waiting for my v10, I have tried back my other wheels in the meantime, and the s2 is the most terrible one I have ridden :).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Nice video, definitely quieter engine noise, probably pre-series motors did not have resine on the windings to prevent vibrations.

This must be quite a change from your S2, having sold my msuper3 while waiting for my v10, I have tried back my other wheels in the meantime, and the s2 is the most terrible one I have ridden :).

Definitely a big change. I’m now taking off for a longer ride with better air pressure. I’ll get better feel for it then. I do like my S2 still. It’s good for different use and very nimble. I haven’t tested a lot of wheels, though. 

4 hours ago, z3n said:

Nice video man! :thumbup:

What's with the blinking tail light? Does it blink instead getting brighter when you decelerate? :blink1:

I have no idea yet. I don’t see it myself except for the videos. 

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Unless your camera isn't picking up the sound accurately, looks like the production V10Fs are quieter than what I rode. Mine was certainly louder.

I don’t know much about microphones, this was shot on GoPro 3 and iPhone X. You can hear distant road noice and birds singing quite loudly, it should pick up the motor sound also. In my own ears it sounds like on the video, barely noticeable. Definitely not annoying. Tire noice and especially wind noice drowns it completely. My girlfriend riding next to me commented that it sounds “bigger” than the S2, I’m guessing that means lower pitch growl when under load. For me, either I don’t even notice the sound or if I do, I like the sound. 

But there is this very high pitched sound when the wheel is idling. I never heard that on the S2. I guess it comes from other components. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I don’t know much about microphones, this was shot on GoPro 3 and iPhone X. You can hear distant road noice and birds singing quite loudly, it should pick up the motor sound also. In my own ears it sounds like on the video, barely noticeable. Definitely not annoying. Tire noice and especially wind noice drowns it completely. My girlfriend riding next to me commented that it sounds “bigger” than the S2, I’m guessing that means lower pitch growl when under load. For me, either I don’t even notice the sound or if I do, I like the sound. 

But there is this very high pitched sound when the wheel is idling. I never heard that on the S2. I guess it comes from other components. 

I don't think it need to be ninja silent, maybe that is just me being used to cars having engine noise too. But I like my V8 has some sort of load noise if you can call it that. it give me sense (maybe false) of how much work the wheel is under and speed I am riding. 

Now for the V10f it look to me it could have the few things I comprimized on when picking my first wheel. I am already looking for a secound wheel to go trail riding. My V8 is mostly for learning and commuting, since it is "fairly" light.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

That is the frequency converter circuit. They make more or less high pitched sounds, especially noticeable as load increase/decrease since the sound is different depending on frequency (hz). I work as test & automation engineer and hear those sounds every day though it is on high power switched voltage machines, but in the end also battery powered (non switched voltage) machines have to create switched voltage to make the motor rotate and thus the FC circuit board in the EUCs. 

High pitched whine, exactly as i would describe the sound. And it varies on tone and strength depending on speed and load.

At 1.10 in this video you can hear a frequency converter whine

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, thefork said:

You could get a Runbell: https://www.run-bell.com/

:thumbup:   :whistling:

14 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Cool shit!  But it needs to fit a gloved hand.  King Song can use the app to honk.  Wonder if they can make the honk custom sounds!

I've got a couple of very nice and pretty light bikebells in slim version:

WOSAWE Mini Bike Bicycle Cycling Bell Aluminum

Really like the sound of them!
Sits nicely around one finger (when you need it, otherwise in the pocket) and not as protruding as usual bells:

IMG_20171102_081556.thumb.jpg.2079308e1d9fef0f6050834831962c04.jpg

Edited by Vik's
pic

18 hours ago, Unventor said:

Nice looking wheel and cat too. Is it a Rag doll? Looks very similar to mine 2. Mine are not happy about my Inmotion V8...maybe they like a V10f more...I am already trying to amp up my speed when riding to kind of be cruising speed for @Scatcat. Right now my V8 is configured at topspeed of 25km/h.

Feeling all rebel as it is 25%+ speedlimit for EUCs in Sweden. And free floating.

On Monday I should get my TSG pass helmet 

https://www.amazon.com/TSG-Solid-Color-Bonus-Visor/dp/B07BMT15ZJ

We will see when I dare to test my V8s topspeed. Already hooked on wider tyre and more range and maybe more speed too...not too much though. I don't what to do a @Rehab1 ????

That speed limit is for Segways :D 

While I suspect the police (if they could be bothered) would frown at 40kph, the EUCs kind of lies in a shady area legally. They're part following the Segway rules, part the bike rules, and part unknown. If you go on a sidewalk you can go max 6kph (same rule applies for Segways). On a bike road you can nominally go 25kph (as if...), which nominally is the max assisted speed of electrical bikes. In reality electrical bikes often go quite a bit faster, as there are pedals and legs involved... ;)

But I suspect that if the politicians ever wake up to the fact that our EUCs often do 35-45kph (or even faster), there will be much arm waving, "looking seriously at", "this must be regulated", and "viewing with concern" involved... And then some arbitrary-, separated-from-reality-rules, much like the current idiotic EU rules for e-cigarettes.

Simple solution: EUC manufacturers ship their wheels with an "always on" tilt-back at 25kph, but make it in a way that a three year old can turn it off, before shipping to the EU. Maybe a "EU-only" app, that can't turn off the tilt-back, which of course leads everybody and their brother to install non-EU apps... ?

Just look at how the idiotic 10ml rule for nicotine e-liquids are handled. The solution, which a kid could have told the decision makers, is to ship the liquids without nicotine, and leave 10ml in the 60ml the bottle unfilled. Together with the e-liquid you want, you get a 10ml 18mg/ml no taste nicotine solution, still twice to six times as strong as what people actually vape, but within the rules. Add it to the bottle with your nicotine-free e-liquid, and you have 3mg/ml in total, which is the most common strength anyway... You have your 60ml of e-juice at the strength you want, and no laws were broken... :roflmao:

Edited by Scatcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vik's said:

I've got a couple of very nice and pretty light bikebells in slim version:

WOSAWE Mini Bike Bicycle Cycling Bell Aluminum

Really like the sound of them!
Sits nicely around one finger (when you need it, otherwise in the pocket) and not as protruding as usual bells:

IMG_20171102_081556.thumb.jpg.2079308e1d9fef0f6050834831962c04.jpg

Do not use hard bell. you may lose your finger in a crash. Use this instead:

@WaveCut

rubber-duck-vector-595806.jpg

@EUCMania Resting in my pocket most of the time. Only getting out when I need to warn somebody about my presence :) And usually that's goes at around walking speed anyway so no potential problems here.

Edited by Vik's

I use a $5 bear bell attached to my jacket.  It has a velcro attachment loop as well as a magnetic silencer band.  I just pull on the band to ring it.

I thought my Ninebot was pretty quiet, but the Tesla is super quiet!  Gotway really outdid themselves with this model.  It zooms around so smoothly it's hard not to want to go fast.  I find myself hitting 40 kph routinely on smooth patches, but I always slow to a crawl when passing pedestrians, going around blind corners, and rolling past pets.  It is so fun to body lean into S curves.  I don't have an urge to ride my Ninebot any more.  Not having to hit that 22 kph limiter is a godsend.  I do find myself wanting to buy a helmet with chin guard though. 

It is so funny - I went by this deer family sauntering across the pathway, and the one deer which stopped frozen in its tracks kept looking at me as I rolled slowly by.  It must have been only about 5 feet away, but it was so curious to see me standing straight up going by on one wheel that it just didn't register in its mind what I was.  I had a coyote do the exact same thing too, but that was a little too close for comfort.  It's very much like how some people react. 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Now I started get the idea of this wheel. Better air-pressure helped and also finding the right placement for feet. These large pedals give many options. I started to have my feet as wide as possible without my shoes being outside of the pedal. I stopped touching the pads with my shins. Now it feels more nimble and fun. 

I also like the fact that the V8 floats between my shins without touching them under normal conditions although I would appreciate the new shin pads for gripping the wheel on a bump or curb.

It looks like your ride was dry but did you have any issues with the rubber pedals and your feet slipping while trail riding?

25 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

It looks like your ride was dry but did you have any issues with the rubber pedals and your feet slipping while trail riding?

No, not once. I like them very much. I’m wearing Salomon trail shoes which have very grippy soft rubber bottoms. Soft rubber against soft rubber holds very well. I need to learn to ride with one leg so I can better adjust foot position. I can’t slide my feet carefully like on my old wheel. But notice that I have nothing else to compare with and only about 35 km ridden. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Today I had a 30,5 km ride on trails. I pumped it to 4+ bars before and the battery was 100% at start. I came home with 4/5 bars on the battery. Wihtout the app I cannot say exact numbers. The only bar was knocked at 20 km mark. 

Now I started get the idea of this wheel. Better air-pressure helped and also finding the right placement for feet. These large pedals give many options. I started to have my feet as wide as possible without my shoes being outside of the pedal. I stopped touching the pads with my shins. Now it feels more nimble and fun. 

I also realized I need to scale up my movements. I just need to be stronger for this wheel and then it starts to perform. I need to grow my driving muscles again. But I really started to enjoy its performance and trust it. 

I rode the whole trip without once hitting the speed limit. I feel like it’s set to about 30 km/h out of the box, but I’m not absolutely sure. I never felt like wanting to go faster. I could go just as fast as I felt good. But the wheel feels like it can take more speed easily. It feels like a serious mountain bike. The Z-series wheels probably will feel like fat bikes. I hope I get to ride one someday. 

I also took it to the subway and I no longer think the trolley handle is too high. It actually feels quite luxorious to hold it that high. Tall people will love it. It was totally easy and comfortable to trolley the wheel inside and among people. You just need to learn to control it correctly. 

I’m also very happy to finally conquer the hill that I couldn’t do with the S2. 

nice! nice ride, looks like fun. the wheel and ur skills looked spot on. the sound is exactly what i would expect, i don’t think the animals will be scared. doesn’t seem like the wheel is straining at all and seems instantly responding to inputs. 

On 5/5/2018 at 3:17 PM, UniVehje said:

Today I had a 30,5 km ride on trails. I pumped it to 4+ bars before and the battery was 100% at start. I came home with 4/5 bars on the battery. Wihtout the app I cannot say exact numbers. The only bar was knocked at 20 km mark. 

I also realized I need to scale up my movements. I just need to be stronger for this wheel and then it starts to perform. I need to grow my driving muscles again. But I really started to enjoy its performance and trust it. 

I rode the whole trip without once hitting the speed limit. I feel like it’s set to about 30 km/h out of the box, but I’m not absolutely sure. I never felt like wanting to go faster. I could go just as fast as I felt good. But the wheel feels like it can take more speed easily. It feels like a serious mountain bike. The Z-series wheels probably will feel like fat bikes. I hope I get to ride one someday. 

I also took it to the subway and I no longer think the trolley handle is too high. It actually feels quite luxorious to hold it that high. Tall people will love it. It was totally easy and comfortable to trolley the wheel inside and among people. You just need to learn to control it correctly. 

I’m also very happy to finally conquer the hill that I couldn’t do with the S2. 

Production model of the V10F no louder than the Tesla IMO.

Edited by Scouts Honor
  • Like 3

I'm pretty much  can't decide between V8 or V10(Not F) the handle on V8 looks better I heard handle on V10 is not so good I'm upgrading from V5+ any suggestions which one should I get?