New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

haven't seen this picture of a fan in the tear downs.

Ha, it does show a fan.   Oh well, I'm not to worried about it.   Marty didn't overheat it until the top of a crazy hill, I don't have hills like that near me :).

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

then it won't be ip65 compliant.  cannot have air from outside and not water.

Many Gotway wheels also have the heat-sink exposed to the spinning wheel to facilitate cooling. There's a gasket that prevents water and dirt from entering the wheel.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Many Gotway wheels also have the heat-sink exposed to the spinning wheel to facilitate cooling. There's a gasket that prevents water and dirt from entering the wheel.

they specifically have a fan shown on the marketing material.  

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 10.33.20 AM.png

• Like 1

even before whatever, i never intended on getting another 18” 2.5” tire wheel, i have one. so no 18l for me, my 18s right now is still my most comfortable wheel, takes effort to drive it but that’s the nature of the beast.

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i like that the v10f has a led battery thing that shows the state of charge while charging.

That is nice. BTW, I think KingSong shows the charging status via the ring lights, but you have to turn on the wheel to see it. When plugged-in the KingSong wheels don't balance, but the LEDs show the charging status.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, novazeus said:

even before whatever, i never intended on getting another 18” 2.5” tire wheel, i have one. so no 18l for me, my 18s right now is still my most comfortable wheel, takes effort to drive it but that’s the nature of the beast.

I love my 18S too and it is usually my goto wheel for longer rides.  I'm still looking for the wheel I use beside the 18S.  I'm hoping to find it in either the V10F, 18L or Z10.  I might end up going KS again.  That's just my feeling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I love my 18S too and it is usually my goto wheel for longer rides.  I'm still looking for the wheel I use beside the 18S.  I'm hoping to find it in either the V10F, 18L or Z10.  I might end up going KS again.  That's just my feeling.

You forgot the option of the MSuper X. It has that wide stance that I know you like :D

BTW, I'm surprised that you are considering the Z10 considering how bulky it looks.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You forgot the option of the MSuper X. It has that wide stance that I know you like :D

BTW, I'm surprised that you are considering the Z10 considering how bulky it looks.

Actually it doesn't look that bulky.  It is the smallest 18" wheel out there.  I like the design, I might end up hating it like I hate the msuper, only a test ride will tell.  I don't do enough off road riding to justify it.  That is why I said, I might end up with the 18L.  Or the replacement to the 16S.  the v10f should tie me down for a few months.

I'm actually considering the 14S.  I think it might help with my son's learning or picking this up quicker.

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 2

like i said in another post, to me the best wheel is the one that gets me from point a to point b upright with the least amount of effort and skill on my part. no bruises, no blisters etc. i can adjust to most stuff. i don’t use the bells and whistles of my 4 wheel vehicles. 

my 2008 screaming eagle 110 cu inch harley road king would be considered primitive but i’d rather hit a diagonal landscapers ramp that fell off their trailer on it as opposed to a fancy bmw bike( not really, i never rode a fancy bmw bike) i know my harley would probably handle it. my ktm superduke r, not so much.

i think it’s very hard for anybody to do reviews on wheels because like every one of mine is unique on how they feel or drive. i don’t have the time to ride each wheel long enough to become second nature. 

when i was building high end custom homes, i’d study the other bulders models and if i saw something they were doing better than me, which was rare if never, i’d copy it. duh!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Actually it doesn't look that bulky.  It is the smallest 18" wheel out there.  I like the design, I might end up hating it like I hate the msuper, only a test ride will tell.  I don't do enough off road riding to justify it.  That is why I said, I might end up with the 18L.  Or the replacement to the 16S.  the v10f should tie me down for a few months.

I'm actually considering the 14S.  I think it might help with my son's learning or picking this up quicker.

As you may know, I love the KS14S - great wheel to own.

i want a wheel that’s safe for me and Bob that reads my mind and i’m willing to put in the work to get there.

the optional pads for my little ninebots are really nice. i wish somebody would make stick on pads for the whole wheel out of that foam. i like wheels that don’t bite.

like i said, i’m looking towards the future as i get older. i’d much rather wheel into a store with Bob by my side on a wheel than use some other form of handicap mobility device. that’s my story and i’m sticking to it.

08F0E94D-3730-4177-B379-7E62FA898F12.thumb.jpeg.58fef3245ed56558be270e03cec6c6e0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

you gotta remember, i’m in tampa, everything just south of me, is flat, flat, flat. i would have hated trying to learn street motorcycle riding or wheeling or inline skating with hilly terrain. that’s a whole other skillset. i’m glad marty tortures those wheels in ca, mine have life on easy street except for rough terrain off road. 

there’s a reason for electric golf carts down here but move further north, they are all gas, or were, when i was still playing. 

what we need down here is a big air-conditioned dome where u could go play with ur wheels in the summer without getting heatstroke. i’ve been wearing dickies one piece coveralls for protection from road rash while riding the wheels but even my lightest coveralls become a heat trap down here. idk how i’m gonna feel about scooting down my road practically naked. probably slow waay down, like s1 slow.

a little off topic but i am weird, this makes me happy if the forecasters are correct. i can never get enough rain. i pray for hurricanes.

2018-05-10_03-15-02

Edited by novazeus

these might not be the best shoe for the v10f. it’s like silicone on silicone. i haven’t given up on them for the v10f, i need more wheel time. on antiskid tape, they are like velcro.

20180510_152508

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

a little off topic but i am weird, this makes me happy if the forecasters are correct. i can never get enough rain. i pray for hurricanes.

2018-05-10_03-15-02

(Get used to it.) The same forecast extends through the whole of summer....rain1.jpg.74ef2daa115cb12f350a6392e15e711c.jpg
Some sun, then clouds and more rain... (repeat). :efefc8626c:

Edited by RayRay
possible hurricanes late summer
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RayRay said:

(Get used to it.) The same forecast extends through the whole of summer....rain1.jpg.74ef2daa115cb12f350a6392e15e711c.jpg
Some sun, then clouds and more rain... (repeat). :efefc8626c:

i hope so. cows eat grass. rain makes the grass grow. no rain means i gotta buy grass.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

these might not be the best shoe for the v10f. it’s like silicone on silicone. i haven’t given up on them for the v10f, i need more wheel time. on antiskid tape, they are like velcro.

20180510_152508

If you’re gonna go with vans try the vans mte. They have knobby tread, not flush tread like yours. Don’t expect much support for your feet though, no vans have any support. Still a cool shoe though!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jpd said:

If you’re gonna go with vans try the vans mte. They have knobby tread, not flush tread like yours. Don’t expect much support for your feet though, no vans have any support. Still a cool shoe though!

yeah i saw those but they'd be hot.