New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

Just now, Jpd said:

They’re set at 2600 and 3.8 . Today was the first time I rode it with adjusted settings. 

i thought i’d try ur settings to replicate what u are feeling? 

hey, the app i have is the pre release app jeffrey emailed me. where did they put the “roll out” app?

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i thought i’d try ur settings to replicate what u are feeling? 

hey, the app i have is the pre release app jeffrey emailed me. where did they put the “roll out” app?

Mine was on the App Store , I just had to update it . I’m not sure about the android app. I’ve heard that it was a little late , not sure though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

I remember you were leaning towards buying two Z10s and zero V10s, but I'm very happy you tried the V10F! 

I wouldn't be surprised if Jason would let you switch your Z10 pre-order to a V10F, even if you don't get it for a while.  And you might find that a Z6 works just about as well for your ranch purposes as a Z10 anyway, for half the price. Same wheel, same body, good motor for dinking around, $800-$900.

i always wanted to try an inmotion because they were so reliable and popular, so with the v10f coming along and beating segway to market, i knew i was gonna get one at least. at $1440 the presale price, from inmotion directly in the states, and now i have the wheel compared to my other wheels, what a bargain. even at $1600 for overall use, this is the wheel i would pick, but hotway is off the table for me. i don’t want a ferrari wheel. the v10f is more like a vw touareg tdi lux wheel. perfect for me.

no hurry on the 10z or 6z, they aren’t offering a pre sale discount. i can sit back and get some impressions of how people like the fat tire. 

funny i was thinking tn on how to describe what my different wheels feel like especially after burning some watts on my18s today. i’d say it takes more deliberate effort to “drive” the 18” wheel with the 2.5” tire and same but not as much with the v10f and i was laughing because drive is an appropriatedescription because with the bigger wheels my arms are sometimes out in front flailing like i’m steering a big air steering wheel. slightly smaller air steering wheel with the v10f.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jpd said:

Mine was on the App Store , I just had to update it . I’m not sure about the android app. I’ve heard that it was a little late , not sure though.

yeah, i’m android. i’ll snoop around and see if i can find it. i guess they haven’t had time to link it with their support website.

22 hours ago, em1barns said:

So you are commenting on v10 thread just to say you will buy anything but INMOTION, what an interesting contribution... No allegiance maybe, rather a new hater?

Nope, I just posted to the "wrong" thread (should have been to the poster's KS rants). Actually I have noting against V10/V10F. I was commenting on being tired of the KS complaining from a poster and just saying that those types of  bashing won't influence my wheel purchasing decision. I personally think the V10 series is going to be a winner. At the same price I take the V10 over the KS16S. If the KS16S price comes down from the V10, then I would get the KS16S. The V10F is a no sell for me, as it is likely going to cost the same as the coming KS18L and Z10 and is more expensive then the Tesla and ACM2. No INMotion hating here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

when i go to settings, the first screen that pops up is inmotion warning me not to go faster than 14mph and the speed slider is rest to 14mph. i move it to 24mph and exit. everytime i open the settings page, same thing. haven’t tried running it to see if my higher speed stayed locked in.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, novazeus said:

when i go to settings, the first screen that pops up is inmotion warning me not to go faster than 14mph and the speed slider is rest to 14mph. i move it to 24mph and exit. everytime i open the settings page, same thing. haven’t tried running it to see if my higher speed stayed locked in.

Oh, gee, that’s my fault, I called InMotion and warned them about you — they decided it was best that they permanently lock your V10 at a max of 14mph...........My Bad ?

24 minutes ago, novazeus said:

...the speed slider is rest to 14mph. i move it to 24mph and exit. everytime i open the settings page, same thing.

There is a speed limit when you don't connect the app? In others words: Can I ride it to 24mph without the app?

Another question is if you can lift the wheel carefully until it reaches his top speed and measure it with the app?

Thanks you

15 minutes ago, Demargon said:

There is a speed limit when you don't connect the app? In others words: Can I ride it to 24mph without the app?

Another question is if you can lift the wheel carefully until it reaches his top speed and measure it with the app?

Thanks you

in the app it shows in the middle speed setting 14.9999 but i can ride it faster and not get tiltback.

i started with the version jeffrey emailed us and did the upgrade. where is the official app download.

Edited by novazeus
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Demargon said:

Thanks you

The Wheel comes from the factory with a speed limit of 25 km/h......you need to connect with the app to unlock/set the speed limit that you want up to a max of 40 km/h.

The app does have a speedometer, so yes I suppose you can do a lift test and see the speed on the app, basically like any other wheel app.

1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

Oh, gee, that’s my fault, I called InMotion and warned them about you — they decided it was best that they permanently lock your V10 at a max of 14mph...........My Bad ?

better call them back. i’m pretty sure mine goes 30 mph but i was practically nekkid.

41164710685_86f6914a18_b.jpg

41164710715_f44f5e0a4c_b.jpg

Edited by novazeus

10 minutes ago, Jpd said:

my v10f is making more noise today. I’m super disappointed with this wheel! 

nooo, that’s not right. does sound like something stuck inside like a stick. does the clicking increase with speed? mine doesn’t do that at all. i’m constantly have an ear to it because people early on said they didn’t like the noise but i think mine is exceptionally quiet. i’d be upset too. i’m sure inmotion will take care of u but still pita. 

i’ve only seen 7 electric unicycles in my lifetime. i own 7 unicycles. none are pefect and i’ve been spending lots of time just tweaking them to do what they should have done new. knock on wood i think i’ve got my v10f settings the way i want them and i’m not touching any of my wheels with any firmware update anymore or even connect with their apps.

• Like 2

Just now, MacPara said:

Sounds like a bearing issue. It's likely to get worse if it is a failing bearing. ?

That is what I suspected. I was going to take it apart, but then I got upset and said screw it! It’s brand new I shouldn’t have to ?

• Upvote 1

Just now, novazeus said:

nooo, that’s not right. does sound like something stuck inside like a stick. does the clicking increase with speed? mine doesn’t do that at all. i’m constantly have an ear to it because people early on said they didn’t like the noise but i think mine is exceptionally quiet. i’d be upset too. i’m sure inmotion will take care of u but still pita. 

i’ve only seen 7 electric unicycles in my lifetime. i own 7 unicycles. none are pefect and i’ve been spending lots of time just tweaking them to do what they should have done new. knock on wood i think i’ve got my v10f settings the way i want them and i’m not touching any of my wheels with any firmware update anymore or even connect with their apps.

It doesn’t get worse with speed and when my son rides it there is no noise at all. I had high hopes for this wheel , having had a v5f+ . That was a solid wheel. There’s definitely nothing stuck in there and it’s as clean as a whistle inside. 

Just now, kasenutty said:

Are they going to replace it?

I haven’t notified them of it yet. I would assume there won’t be a problem, @Jeffrey Scott Will   at inmotion has been great to work with in the past. 

15 minutes ago, Jpd said:

It doesn’t get worse with speed and when my son rides it there is no noise at all. I had high hopes for this wheel , having had a v5f+ . That was a solid wheel. There’s definitely nothing stuck in there and it’s as clean as a whistle inside. 

yeah if it sounds mechanical and there’s bearings in there, probably a bad bearing idk, but i wouldn’t be fixing it. get an rma asap.

still sucks. everytime i get a new wheel having only seen pictures and videos of them, i cross my fingers and keep them crossed everytime i ride them. i was thinking that tonight riding the v10f, i could really trust this wheel, that’s the wheel that probably kills u.

when they fix or replace urs with a good one, i think u will like it. i really like mine. very handy on the ranch. it’s a dude.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, novazeus said:

when they fix or replace urs with a good one, i think u will like it. i really like mine. very handy on the ranch. it’s a dude.

That’s why I’m so upset. I really liked riding this and was starting to get a good feel for it. I guess I should’ve been less excited to get it, probably wouldn’t have got a lemon ? 

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You've eliminated the possibility of the valve/valve cap hitting some part of the shell? Try decreasing the tire psi to see if that helps.

Not being there it's hard to diagnose remotely, but I don't think there's a motor problem.

An issue i experienced with my v5, definitely worth checking and easy to solve.