New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I love the trolley on my KS14S - best trolley I've ever used. It's not destroyed either. Seems to me that any crash that's going to destroy a KingSong trolley handle will obliterate the fully exposed V10 handle.

But I'm glad that the V10 handle is not universally hated :thumbup:

the v10F trolley handle is a power on trolley handle only i think, the ks16s u can control the wheel power off. that’s why i’d just pick them up. i throw away those wheels on shop vacs too. but power on, until it breaks, if nothing else, maybe it sacrifices itself as opposed to a harder more expensive part in a crash. that’s why i’m incline to leave it on, but in the pasture as bumpy as it is, that trolley wand is mighty close to the boys.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I just don't like the idea of having to enter a password every time I connect to my wheel. Soon I'll have to enter a password to use my toilet :blink1:

It’s not every time ?. You choose a password on first connection, then it is remembered by the app.

I will dig into that password-protected toilet idea, there may be a niche market there ?.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Seems to me that any crash that's going to destroy a KingSong trolley handle will obliterate the fully exposed V10 handle

This was also my first thought. Experience tells me that this trolley is surprisingly resistant. Had many beginners crashing my v5 on the trolley, even from as high as 4-5 feet. It did not budge, just scratches. 

All in all, the good news is that all EUC maker now all offer trolleys for their wheels (hurray) and there are trolleys for every taste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I love the trolley on my KS14S - best trolley I've ever used. It's not destroyed either. Seems to me that any crash that's going to destroy a KingSong trolley handle will obliterate the fully exposed V10 handle.

But I'm glad that the V10 handle is not universally hated :thumbup:

I removed mine because the opposite reason. The v5 handle is hard enough to resist crashes in skateparks like it was made from adamantium. Indeed is hardest than me, and tired of be beaten in my knees by it finally was removed but perfectly usable

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just don't like the idea of having to enter a password every time I connect to my wheel. Soon I'll have to enter a password to use my toilet :blink1:

That could become awkward... in... an... emergency!!!   ?

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

the v10F trolley handle is a power on trolley handle only i think, the ks16s u can control the wheel power off. that’s why i’d just pick them up. i throw away those wheels on shop vacs too. but power on, until it breaks, if nothing else, maybe it sacrifices itself as opposed to a harder more expensive part in a crash. that’s why i’m incline to leave it on, but in the pasture as bumpy as it is, that trolley wand is mighty close to the boys.

the power disconnect on the handle is over rated.  It takes a second to turn on of off the ks16s.  you can also keep the bluetooth on so that it is a boom box if you are not riding it so that isn't something new on the V10.  The internal handle is much more balanced than the phalic V10 trolley handle that will break off if you crash a few time.  They didn't even ship it with the correct retention clip, it is loose.  The King Song is built like a tank.  if you dont ride with the trolley handle extended, it shouldn't break with crashes.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

The internal handle is much more balanced than the phalic V10 trolley handle that will break off if you crash a few time.  They didn't even ship it with the correct retention clip, it is loose.  The King Song is built like a tank.  if you dont ride with the trolley handle extended, it shouldn't break with crashes.  

Again, not my experience. I have seen 3 Kingsong handles already broken, vs none for v5, and I have seen many more v5 wheels. Maybe people did not engage it properly back, arguably. Replacement also looks easier on v5.

The power disconnect is a plus. I have had wheels with and without it, and it does bring some additional comfort on everyday usage. I mix a lot riding and public transportation, so this may be dependent on usage. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

the headlight is definitely better than the kingsong headlight.

idk why my videos are such downgraded quality. must be some data saving thing on my new phone.

I think it is unfair to compare the old KS's you have with the new inmotion.  When you get the 18L, let us know if the headlights are better than the headlights on the 18L.

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

i did this in another thread too. 

for starters:

1. better tire

2. the app works

3. 2000 watt motor vs 1200 watt

4. the app works

5. handle switch disconnect

6. better speakers

7. thinner

8. higher pedals

9. bigger pedals

10. better lighting

11. better headlight

12. the app works

14. built in kick stand

15. better support from inmotion

16. better packaging

17. faster 40 kph vs 35kph

18. quieter at neutral

19. 960 wh 84 volt battery vs 840 wh 67 volt battery

20. easily replaceable or removable trolley handle, no non locking in the case stuff.

21. pads are softer and ergonomics just better for me.

the app looks fantastic, u especially would love it because u like to monitor all this stuff when ur torturing ur wheels.

it just makes the kingsong ks16s all around from packaging forward, look primitive. compared to the v10f like @US69always says, they are a mom and pop operation like out of a garage. sub contract out their stuff to cheap vendors. that’s why a year later, still have problems with their software. did i mention, mine is no more than a boat anchor now. 

at jason’s present pricing, i’d definitely pick the v10 over the ks16s if i only had $1299 to spend. and if u pre ordered u coulda got the v10f for only $140 more. 

plus inmotion’s reputation is worth tons as dangerous as these things are, that’s not a factor with u hotway boys though.

no comparison.

1) They are built for different things.  Are you going to say a street bike has better worse tires than a mountain bike?  If they were both built for off road, then yes, fair comparison.

2,4,12) They came out with the App much later than the product.  I call that a fail.  The KS app is bad, but you can use other apps like darkness.  The best app is Ninebot that is why Gotway copied them.

3) 2k vs 1.2k, power doesn't mean it feels better.  maybe there is a reason the KS is limited to only 35kmph.  Maybe it has the same torque, we don't have any idea how the motors are built so the power figure is useless.  The KS16S feels fine, doesn't feel primative at all.  the Ninebot does.

5) don't need or want this feature.  There is a on off switch.  I can do it with one hand.

6) haven't heard it side by side, but ok.

7) haven't had any issues with the thinness of the KS, Gotway on the other hand is unacceptably wide to me, then maybe Gotway is primitive?

8 ) again, think it was built for different things.  the ks16 is fine for what is built for street/city, i don't have a problem with the height

9) never knew what the big deal about bigger peddles.  I have zero issues with the size of the peddle.  I do light grip tape better than silicone.  I, like marty, didn't like the silicone and will rip it out when i get mine.

10) i turn off side lights.  i find them childish.  don't need that.

11) front light might be better, but i like the king song having no front or rear and having two headlights and two taillights that switch automatically.  But you can't run the V10 backwards, it has no headlights when running backwards as far as i know.

you are missing 13

14) you can put the kingsong the same way, i wouldn't call it a kickstand, see picture.  for me i rather just lay it down on its side.

15) if you bought an inmotion from a non authorized dealer, i'm sure you will run into the same issue with support.

16) you bought from non authorized dealer?  not sure how you are comparing this.  you got screwed, i'm sure ewheel's supply is fine.

17) you mention you won't go above 25kmph, so why does this matter?

18) inmotion missing active cooling.  false advertisement.  my king song's are quiet while not running.  but when fan kicks in, i can barely hear it.  it is not as loud as the whine when riding so now you are nit picking.  

19) negligible.

20) trolley handle on inmotion was forced by design.  they couldn't do a central trolley handle the best kind in my opinion in terms of stability.  i rather have the recessed handle in the ks.

21) pads on the KS are great.  better than most.  I cannot believe the tiny pad on the inmotion is better than the ones on the KS.  sorry, i think you are reaching.

The app looks just as bad as the KS app.  I don't know who they got to do the UI, it sucks.  The both suck.  Ninebot is the app to beat with all the bells and whistles even bluetooth security.  This will be an issue eventually when you are riding along and someone shuts off your wheel remotely.  mark my post.  this will be an issue going forward when we get targetted.

I don't think inmotion is killing any other maker especially king song.  

I think you are angry at King Song for not supporting the wheel you bought from an unauthorized dealer.  This whole rant sounds like it to me.  

ks16s stand.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Again, not my experience. I have seen 3 Kingsong handles already broken, vs none for v5, and I have seen many more v5 wheels. Maybe people did not engage it properly back, arguably. Replacement also looks easier on v5.

The power disconnect is a plus. I have had wheels with and without it, and it does bring some additional comfort on everyday usage. I mix a lot riding and public transportation, so this may be dependent on usage. 

I don't see how the handle can break if it was not in an extended position.  

I've never wanted a power disconnect feature.  In all my riding I've never said to myself, gee, I wish the wheel would just shut off when I lift it.  When I need to turn it off, i do it with one hand, holding the unit by the handle and reaching over with my index finger to press the button.

If i need to go up or down a curb, i just push it when i'm trolleying the unit around.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I don't see how the handle can break if it was not in an extended position.  

I've never wanted a power disconnect feature.  In all my riding I've never said to myself, gee, I wish the wheel would just shut off when I lift it.  When I need to turn it off, i do it with one hand, holding the unit by the handle and reaching over with my index finger to press the button.

If i need to go up or down a curb, i just push it when i'm trolleying the unit around.

So we are looking for different experiences with wheels, and that’s okay ?. I wished many times my msuper3 had a cutover functionality.

Kingsong makes perfectly capable wheels, and I can understand why people would like their package.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, em1barns said:

So we are looking for different experiences with wheels, and that’s okay ?. I wished many times my msuper3 had a cutover functionality.

Kingsong makes perfectly capable wheels, and I can understand why people would like their package.

msuper is a example on how not to design a trolley handle.  if you watched enough videos, some people ride with the handle on the ks extended.  i haven't a clue why.  

6 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

If there is no active cooking, don’t market it as such.  I don’t like it when companies lie.  So far no one has seen any sort of active cooling in the units.  

I think they explained it as the "active" cooling is from the backside of the motherboard (toward the wheel).   The air movement generated by the spinning wheel is used instead of a fan.    I've not watched the teardown videos though so I'm not sure if this is true.

6 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

I think they explained it as the "active" cooling is from the backside of the motherboard (toward the wheel).   The air movement generated by the spinning wheel is used instead of a fan.    I've not watched the teardown videos though so I'm not sure if this is true.

then it won't be ip65 compliant.  cannot have air from outside and not water.

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

then it won't be ip65 compliant.  cannot have air from outside and not water.

Well you can move heat with heatpipe system, which is kind of they show in the pictures. But then again I don't have a V10f...(yet) nor did I testing the wheel. 

New update with live stats and support for V10 is live in the App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inmotion-scv-bluetooth-version/id891233812?mt=8

@eddiemoy to clarify - this update came out a few days after the very first owners started receiving their new wheels - while it certainly would have been nice had it released in perfect sync, perhaps you’re not aware we provided new owners with a pre-release version of the app so they could tweak their settings until official release today. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

New update with live stats and support for V10 is live in the App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inmotion-scv-bluetooth-version/id891233812?mt=8

@eddiemoy to clarify - this update came out a few days after the very first owners started receiving their new wheels - while it certainly would have been nice had it released in perfect sync, perhaps you’re not aware we provided new owners with a pre-release version of the app so they could tweak their settings until official release today. 

I won't get mine until end of month so it is good that the app is out.  Hopefully if there are any bugs it will be worked out before I get my wheel.

Jeff, do you know what is the active cooling that was touted?  Since the announcement, I've not seen any of the teardown videos reveal any active cooling.

15 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

if the only thing exposed to the inside was a heat sink you could probably do.

That's exactly how the Firewheel solved the problem. The whole circuit board was mounted to an aluminum backplate which served as a heat sink and was exposed to the wheel. It was so underpowered I doubt it ever overheated though. :D 

U2jo7pB.jpg

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

haven't seen this picture of a fan in the tear downs.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 10.33.20 AM.png