New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The pedals on my pre-production unit were level to the ground, so that is not a contributing factor to my feet slipping off or the perceived notion that going fast (>22-mph) requires more effort.

Good to know about the sound. Did you happened to see my flyby video? Maybe you could record a similar shot so we can hear how yours sounds in comparison.

Is your trolley handle rotating joint tight, or loose like mine was?

It's unfortunate that with all the loooong hype about this wheel, Inmotion wasn't able to effectively schedule the app work so that new owners had something to configure their wheel with. That would bother me. I hear one to two weeks which probably means two to four weeks.

Good info on your version's pedals. I really don't have enough experience yet with this to comment more on them. Only about 5 km. I'm now editing the video and you will hear the sound then. 

My trolley handle has a bit loose joint, yes. Not a big deal for me at this point. 

You are most likely correct about that time estimate. Software is always like that. But let's hope you are wrong :) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sure, if you want to rip your finger off in a crash!

That's a very good point.

I once read an interview with a rock climber whose finger was "de-gloved" (that's what they call it) in a fall because it got caught in a carabiner. The pictures of the guy's hand were quite horrific.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Great idea! Amazon has them in stock. I ordered the gold ‘Man’s’ version.  ? Suppose to be delivered Sunday. Gotta love Amazon’s logistics. 

@thefork well I found it on Amazon.de for less than 10€ so I gave it a go..in copper (aka girly pinkish) colour. How bad could it be and what can possibly go wrong....

@Rehab1 as you can see above your tip guided me to find it at a fair price. The first site wanted 35$ for item and shipping plus import tax to be added to.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Rehab1 What would you think would have happened in your crash if you had that bell on and it got caught in a small irregularity in the pavement or something similar? I would never dare to wear something like that.

I just performed some rudimentary calculations.  Based on the bell’s weight, dimensions, exact placement of the device on my hand combined with the approximate gravitational acceleration of 9.764 m/s on my body mass it appears the aerodynamic drag of the bell, when attached to my left hand,  would have created an external force influencing my upper extremity to change velocity and direction causing rotational inertia.  If my calculations are ? correct I would have butt planted. :smartass:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

(Sry for offtopic)

Ever since I learnt how even a seemingly harmless phone in your pocket can become a murderous weapon against your body in a crash, I'm very cautious about such things. No keys in the pockets or anything hard anywhere I could fall on it, etc.

Already got something better for that:efee8319ab: Sounds more substantial (and local).

50178.jpg

L:facepalm:ve the flowers! So pretty! 

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

tire looks great. ....  it’s amazing what an extra .375 looks like. i like the tread too. is it a kenda tire?

+1

Love the look of that tire!

It really looks like they scored with this one, I hope they can produce enough.  And a Decent App?  I consider the App quite important so I hope it is really nice on iOS.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The pedals on my pre-production unit were level to the ground, so that is not a contributing factor to my feet slipping off or the perceived notion that going fast (>22-mph) requires more effort.

Adding the industrial grip tape I purchased will be the first modification I perform on my V10F. Noo slippry feet fo me. ?

Edited by Rehab1

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

(Sry for offtopic)

Ever since I learnt how even a seemingly harmless phone in your pocket can become a murderous weapon against your body in a crash, I'm very cautious about such things. No keys in the pockets or anything hard anywhere I could fall on it, etc.

Already got something better for that:efee8319ab: Sounds more substantial (and local).

50178.jpg

So you wear the bell in a nechless?...don't attach horns on your helmet...if you do you multiple the risk 20 time get a new job as a carlogo on the can hood and number. In Danish and Swedish too I believe car number translated is cow catcher or cow shield.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Comically high. I'm 170 cm tall and if the wheel was 5cm/2 inches taller I could walk it by standing straight and holding wheel up with a straight arm. It really needs to be only 1/2 of it's current height. 

The trolley handle:

This is exactly what I thought, SILLY high. I think it could be 1/3 it’s length. Maybe we can cut it down.

Edited by Mrd777

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

@UniVehje App should be about a week out now (not 3 or 4 weeks) but we can probably get you in on the Beta version next week if it's not out by then. Same goes for anyone receiving their V10F next week here in the states - we should be able to get you the Beta so you can unlock the speed etc. One of us will make a post next week about it to update you all and figure out how to roll it out.

Sounds very good, thank you. I'm very happy to start with the beta version. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

This is exactly what I thought, SILLY high. I think it could be 1/3 it’s length. Maybe we can cut it down.

I didn't find this the case at all. It doesn't need to be that tall for most people, but it doesn't strike me as tall or inappropriate. If it was half the height, I don't think you'd have enough control over it while pushing it around. The longer curve it has now gives you something to twist when needed. ?‍♂️ I do prefer the built-in design on V8, but not enough to make the machine any wider. 

Edited by Jeffrey Scott Will
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

@thefork well I found it on Amazon.de for less than 10€ so I gave it a go..in copper (aka girly pinkish) colour. How bad could it be and what can possibly go wrong....

@Rehab1 as you can see above your tip guided me to find it at a fair price. The first site wanted 35$ for item and shipping plus import tax to be added to.

Use rubber ducky, not bell. You may break your fingers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Some parts of my first couple of kilometres. Still need to unlock it and learn its character better before going faster. 

Nice! At that speed it appears to produce the same identical sound as my old V5F+ and V8 which I liked. When you get a chance please try out the BT sound system. 

16 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Some parts of my first couple of kilometres. Still need to unlock it and learn its character better before going faster. 

i must be deaf. sounds like my s2. 

36 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Unless your camera isn't picking up the sound accurately, looks like the production V10Fs are quieter than what I rode. Mine was certainly louder.

Ugh! I see you ran into those two-wheel riding freaks (shudder!).

These people have no shame, flouting their depraved two-wheel lifestyle on our "proper" one-wheel children right out in the open!

I'll be the one to say it, damn the consequences! Bicycling is not natural! Not in a world where we have EUCs! At least have the decency to use an electric bike!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Nice ride.  I was nervous when you were going up the hill with the patches of grass!  

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I didn't find this the case at all. It doesn't need to be that tall for most people, but it doesn't strike me as tall or inappropriate. If it was half the height, I don't think you'd have enough control over it while pushing it around. The longer curve it has now gives you something to twist when needed. ?‍♂️ I do prefer the built-in design on V8, but not enough to make the machine any wider. 

Personally, being less short than some, I would love to have a trolley handle that doesn't require me to stoop to us it...

4 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

The trolley handle:

And then it wouldn't block the view of the brake light for guys behind you... win-win. 

BTW, why is the brake light on almost all the time? It didn't look there was any real deceleration going on ....

Edited by MacPara
  • Upvote 1