New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

58 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

You are right about that. For some reason the whine for me was not that that annoying though. Maybe because i got used to that whine from my KS14C that i was relatively oblivious to the sound. 

Personally... I love a good wine!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Translated from French:

To have tried it, the big pedals give this feeling of stability as well as the surface of the tire in contact with the ground which is wider. The height of the pedals is compensated for these two previous details. To this we add the width of the tire that erases the irregularities (not all of course attention!)

The weight did not shock me when rolling (that said I had just rolled a Tesla 680 680 in front 67V) and what helps to master this point is the smoothness of the wheel. the V10 has a few more pounds than the Tesla and yet we place better on the V10, we play more with different supports.On one tesla your two calves touch all the time the two mosses, on the V10 no, suddenly you have more freedom.

This finesse brings a more natural position and one foot is very easy.

On the other hand for having tried the V10F then the V10, I felt a slight more power on the F. Psychological maybe, there is only 200W of difference, or 10%.

I did not try to reach the speed of tiltback, the wheel is not mine and my protections being left in the showroom. What speeds did you reach? For me 30km / h, to the phone's gps without any worries and also (maybe even more, hard to say) easy than in tesla 680wh in 67V.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/4473-gotway-mcm-5/&prev=search

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm surprised at how significant the noise is for potential buyers.  Not being critical, I just wouldn't have guessed it would be important before seeing how many people don't like the electric whir.  Interestingly, the V8 is mostly silent. 

I have a theory that the V8 (and V5F) may be higher quality machines than this new generation.  Don't get me wrong; I know the V10 is an improvement in power and battery size, but seeing how many parts have been re-purposed, I suspect more R&D investment went into the previous generation.   

And yes, I recognize my theory could be completely wrong!  ?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Maybe some riders here are in whisper quiet suburb areas and need zero motor noise, but being in NYC for me, I don't even notice the motor noise amidst the street noise.

If you think the V8 is mostly silent, then the V10F will be almost the same. (V8 motor noise via SpeedyFeet vs V10F noise in my Figure8 vid)

The V10F parts ARE borrowed and improved upon elements of the V5 construction mostly (de-shelling is most like the V5 method) combined with the V8 LED's, charge port standard, and power button construction.

Build quality is the same (ie. excellent) across the whole InMotion line IMHO.

This is interesting. Unless we rode very different V10F's, my V10F was a lot louder than a V8. But when you throw in the background noise of New York City I can see why you never noticed it.

Or, I just got a loud V10F. I can't wait to get feedback on production V10F's to see if mine was the aberration.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dany Slx said:

I rode the V10F in paris. I didnt notice a specific loud noise ...

:-) I would assume that might be related to Paris' street noise level. I right my wheels out in the desert and there's not much to cover it up except for your own panting as it's so hot out there :-)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is interesting. Unless we rode very different V10F's, my V10F was a lot louder than a V8. But when you throw in the background noise of New York City I can see why you never noticed it.

Yes, it was a smidge louder.

But as a former V8 owner, as well as having V8's all around me during my week of testing, the difference was negligible IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Yes, it was a smidge louder.

But as a former V8 owner, as well as having V8's all around me during my week of testing, the difference was negligible IMHO.

Well, I do hope Marty's wheel was the odd one and the others are all going to be quieter. Then all we need is grip-taped pedals, a new trolley handle and a firmware fix that doesn't lower the max. speed starting at 99% of battery capacity. 

• Like 3

And I will stop complaining about motor whine now. After I rode my KS14S to work this morning, pushing it to max speed pretty much all the way, I noticed that it has a pretty annoying high pitched tone itself. I just did the same route with an ACM2trial wheel and have to admit that it was less annoying than the Kingsong's tone. I guess I am really overthinking this and that I will easily get used to whatever noise the V10F might have. It certainly is a lower pitched tone and should be covered by wind noises of the helmet as long as it goes fast :-). 

The latter is really the major issue for me to use it as a commuter wheel. It needs to support the max. speed longer to be usable for me. So I really do hope for a firmware update in a few months. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MacPara said:

And I will stop complaining about motor whine now. After I rode my KS14S to work this morning, pushing it to max speed pretty much all the way, I noticed that it has a pretty annoying high pitched tone itself. I just did the same route with an ACM2trial wheel and have to admit that it was less annoying than the Kingsong's tone. I guess I am really overthinking this and that I will easily get used to whatever noise the V10F might have. It certainly is a lower pitched tone and should be covered by wind noises of the helmet as long as it goes fast :-).

Yup.

I'll take motor noise over PWM high pitched 'whine' any day of the week.

And none of these wheels with the non-PWM motor noise (V10F, V8, Z10) are particularly loud loud, just that camera mics can boost the sound on videos where the sound is not adjusted in post.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MacPara said:

The latter is really the major issue for me to use it as a commuter wheel. It needs to support the max. speed longer to be usable for me. So I really do hope for a firmware update in a few months. 

Somebody was saying you can unlock the V10F's top speed to 27 mph with the 3rd party app Darknessbot. Not sure if true, but definitely give it a try

• Upvote 1

i got this email last night so maybe a week from thursday i’ll receive mine.

View this email in your browser
05aaf213-795d-4b1b-9290-4a5d47b959c7.jpg
Shipping Update:

As some of you know, your V10F rushed air shipment already hit US soil in Los Angeles. We had estimated departure for ground shipment to all of you starting today, but due to a small snag in customs release and now an additional delay in processing in our warehouse, the new shipment date is bumped slightly to this Thursday. So keep your eyes peeled for that email - you'll get one with tracking information once they ship.

Thanks for your patience! We know how excited you must be to be the first group of owners... your day is coming soon!

color-twitter-48.png
color-facebook-48.png
color-youtube-48.png
color-instagram-48.png
color-forwardtofriend-48.png
8d0f8f2d-4738-4435-b872-fcc2d5cd87ca.jpg
  • Like 2

does anybody know who that is in that picture? i was wondering how tall and how much he weighed. 

i don’t see too many 6’ tall 200 pounders like myself doing tricks like that. i like that photo because it shows how slim the wheel is.

and the pedal height!

Edited by novazeus

57 minutes ago, novazeus said:

does anybody know who that is in that picture? i was wondering how tall and how much he weighed. 

i don’t see too many 6’ tall 200 pounders like myself doing tricks like that. i like that photo because it shows how slim the wheel is.

and the pedal height!

I didn't know that you wanted to do tricks like that. I thought you've always said tricks don't interest you.

Now you want to do wheel ballet? :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I didn't know that you wanted to do tricks like that. I thought you've always said tricks don't interest you.

Now you want to do wheel ballet? :D

turning around on my 12' road without running off on the shoulder is the first trick i want to learn.

walking Bob on a 6' rope leash is a trick. that's a team effort. he'll drag his leash to the gate alongside me pretty good but coming home i gotta be connected by holding the leash. Bob is a very independent thinker.

riding on one leg is a skill i need so i can reposition my bad foot placement from my not so hot free mounting.

i'm seriously looking at these van sk8 hi over on the footwear thread. my tactical boots are pretty good but those flat soles on these skateboarder's shoes might give a little more grip.

definitely need a rear view mirror for when Bob lags behind. him being a puppy still, he might come up behind me full bore and slam his 125 pounds into me. i think that's how these type of dogs do their prey. just playing with me though, i think. 

Edited by novazeus
added
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Somebody was saying you can unlock the V10F's top speed to 27 mph with the 3rd party app Darknessbot. Not sure if true, but definitely give it a try

Yes, that would work. Not that I'd be crazy to go that close to the cutout speed but if the progressive speed limiter would use 27 as a starting point it would take a while before it would really slow me down at ~23mph desired cruising speed. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

180 in place? Not that difficult, it's all in the arm swing. Just start turning but then put both arms out and swing your arms+upper body in the turn direction; your upper body will turn first (like all EUC movement) then your wheel+legs follow, pivoting on the patch of tire contacting the ground.

You don't need one leg to reposition feet (though it is helpful and worth learning).

Just heel-toe pivot the foot you want to move around (so there is still downward force on that pedal to keep the wheel and you upright), then try to readjust the location of that foot by keeping on heel-toe-ing (also, you can heel toe both feet to accommodate foot repositioning, ie. right heel pivoting up means left toe pivots up, then vice-versa)

Any 70's or 80's rubber outsole shoe does the trick, especially the ones skaters used to or still use, like Vans, Jordan 1's, Nike Dunks, Converse, Adidas Stan Smith or Superstars.....

yes to all  three. i spin around all the time when i get back to my 2x4 training station and it seems easy, but there i have my crutch. but i’m gonna learn that maneuver. it will be real handy because Bob likes to stop and smell the roses, cow turds etc.

i’ve done the heel toe thing and yesterday or the day before, i had my left foot locked in really nice and felt like i could one leg it, so that was a glimmer of daylight. i’ve been doing my dog walking stuff with my little s2 and i think the 18s will actually be easier.

never thought at 64 or any age, i’d be buying skateboarders shoes but i just ordered these. $53.50 with fl sales tax delivered from dick’s. size 12. i’m gearing up for my new v10f. got 4 rolls of black furniture foam yesterday so i can practice this stuff.

41792780432_e74a733520_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yes to all  three. i spin around all the time when i get back to my 2x4 training station and it seems easy, but there i have my crutch. but i’m gonna learn that maneuver. it will be real handy because Bob likes to stop and smell the roses, cow turds etc.

i’ve done the heel toe thing and yesterday or the day before, i had my left foot locked in really nice and felt like i could one leg it, so that was a glimmer of daylight. i’ve been doing my dog walking stuff with my little s2 and i think the 18s will actually be easier.

never thought at 64 or any age, i’d be buying skateboarders shoes but i just ordered these. $53.50 with fl sales tax delivered from dick’s. size 12. i’m gearing up for my new v10f. got 4 rolls of black furniture foam yesterday so i can practice this stuff.

41792780432_e74a733520_b.jpg

Sweet kicks, old man! ;)

But this is where it’s at. 

Vibram+FiveFingers+Bikila+Ls.jpg

Edited by Kael
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kael said:

Sweet kicks, old man! ;)

thanks.

yeah i splurged a little for this color. marroon was $10 cheaper but i’d have to pay shipping. Bob supposedly is color blind but if we ever go out, i’m trying to pull it all together.

styling20180110_204619

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Kael said:

Sweet kicks, old man! ;)

But this is where it’s at. 

Vibram+FiveFingers+Bikila+Ls.jpg

i have two pair of those. i have a brand new jetski with 17 hours on it that i seriously doubt i’ll ever use again. 

they are a bitch to put on btw. esp if ur foot is wet.

and no ankle covering. my ankle bones are like an elbow funny bone.

i’m glad u reminded me of those. i pulled a pair out of storage awhile back for wheeling and forgot about them. once i get a little better with my skill, they might be great for summer. 

it gets really hot at the ranch during summer as u can imagine and with my oak tree lined driveway, a little break zipping down to my mailbox and back is really cooling. very pleasant.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

I love wearing mine for walking, running, driving and anything that requires some grip. I like them for riding too, but the lack of cushion is uncomfortable on longer rides. 

• Like 2