New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Nice looking wheel and cat too. Is it a Rag doll? Looks very similar to mine 2. Mine are not happy about my Inmotion V8...maybe they like a V10f more...I am already trying to amp up my speed when riding to kind of be cruising speed for @Scatcat. Right now my V8 is configured at topspeed of 25km/h.

Feeling all rebel as it is 25%+ speedlimit for EUCs in Sweden. And free floating.

On Monday I should get my TSG pass helmet 

https://www.amazon.com/TSG-Solid-Color-Bonus-Visor/dp/B07BMT15ZJ

We will see when I dare to test my V8s topspeed. Already hooked on wider tyre and more range and maybe more speed too...not too much though. I don't what to do a @Rehab1 ????

• Like 1

Just now, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Testing now. I'm told it should be a week or two. It's a very solid upgrade/update to the existing app - worth the wait!

Is there a way to assist to beta test it? I have connection issues with Android 8.0 on my Samsung Note8. Would be king if I could feed back if the new app works connection wise with V8

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Is there a way to assist to beta test it? I have connection issues with Android 8.0 on my Samsung Note8. Would be king if I could feed back if the new app works connection wise with V8

I've tested with Glide 3 - even the new live metrics work! I'll have to check to see if they could use any more Android beta testers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I've tested with Glide 3 - even the new live metrics work! I'll have to check to see if they could use any more Android beta testers.

Short question. Will the new app support smartwatches for quick glands and a bell/horn function?

Right now I miss something like that since people here are unused yet to EUCs in traffic/biketrails.

12 minutes ago, thefork said:

You could get a Runbell: https://www.run-bell.com/

:thumbup:   :whistling:

I like the concept but...pink/rose coloured...I doubt my manhood can handle that ??

6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I like the concept but...pink/rose coloured...I doubt my manhood can handle that ??

There's a standard gold one... Actually quite a good idea for riders :o

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

We will see when I dare to test my V8s topspeed. Already hooked on wider tyre and more range and maybe more speed too...not too much though. I don't what to do a @Rehab1

You’ll be fine. Your much smarter than me! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You’ll be fine. Your much smarter than me! 

Hmmm a dare-challange..Now I have to prove you wrong...googling a good crashsite..processing...?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thefork said:

You could get a Runbell: https://www.run-bell.com/

:thumbup:   :whistling:

Great idea! Amazon has them in stock. I ordered the gold ‘Man’s’ version.  ? Suppose to be delivered Sunday. Gotta love Amazon’s logistics. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Hmmm a dare-challange..Now I have to prove you wrong...googling a good crashsite..processing...?

The pothole I hit is still available for your riding pleasure. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

- This model was set to have the pedals a bit tilted up. I hope I can change this when the app comes. I think this is why @Marty Backe felt it took more effort to go fast. I also felt that the wheel was tilting back from the start and had to stand quite far in front of the pedals. I think this will be corrected. 

I've always adjusted my InMotions so that the pedals dip down a tad, to compensate for tiltback. Are you sure the current app won't allow you to adjust tiltback angle?

- The warning beeps are too loud. I don't want to raise so much attention when riding on the edge. 

Is the production model just beeps and no voice? (unlike the pre-production model, which yells at you in Chinese ?)

- I can feel that it is wider and larger. After my first ride I don't see how the 4" tire on the Z-series is a good idea. There is a lot of grip and comfort on it. I have to experiment with different pressures to know more. I was riding with the pressure it came with and have not tested it. 

Are you sure the tire isn't under-inflated, thus presenting a lot of rolling resistance?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

@UniVehje

Have you tried connecting to the current InMotion App? The speed limiter is not set to 40kph out of the box - you need to move it up. The warning beeps are loud so you don't ignore them - once you de-limit your max speed, you'll be good to go and not have to worry about this issue.

I've been playing with the beta version of the new app and can confirm that you can adjust the pedal angle as well as the pedal softness which makes it feel easier to accelerate for sure. Current version may even allow you to adjust pedal angle if you can connect.

As for agility, I highly recommend giving this wheel some solid air pressure. The thicker tire gives you enough grip already, so firm it up for better control.

Thanks for the info. Is there a recommended air pressure for it? I'll pump it up for tomorrows ride. I did feel it was too soft out of the box. 

Good to know it wasn't set to 40 kph. Do you know what the limiter is set to out of the box? 

I tried to connect it to the present in motion app but I can only change the wheels name and that's it. Everything else is zero and most of the buttons don't work. If you have any hints how to get it to do more, please share. I use lates iOS version on an iPhone X. 

12 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I've always adjusted my InMotions so that the pedals dip down a tad, to compensate for tiltback. Are you sure the current app won't allow you to adjust tiltback angle?

Is the production model just beeps and no voice? (unlike the pre-production model, which yells at you in Chinese ?)

Are you sure the tire isn't under-inflated, thus presenting a lot of rolling resistance?

I couldn't get the current app to do anything yet, I'll try more. 

It's just beeps, I'll share a video soon. There is voice in english for other warnings. 

The tire was most certainly under-inflated. I'm right now trying to inflate it but the valve is touching the rim too tightly and it's quite difficult to do. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I couldn't get the current app to do anything yet, I'll try more. 

It's just beeps, I'll share a video soon. There is voice in english for other warnings. 

The tire was most certainly under-inflated. I'm right now trying to inflate it but the valve is touching the rim too tightly and it's quite difficult to do. 

It’s usually written on the side of the tire. From top of my head, try 2.8 bars.

Did you try your Ninebot S2 valve extender for inflating?

Edited by em1barns
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Thanks for the info. Is there a recommended air pressure for it? I'll pump it up for tomorrows ride. I did feel it was too soft out of the box. 

Good to know it wasn't set to 40 kph. Do you know what the limiter is set to out of the box? 

I tried to connect it to the present in motion app but I can only change the wheels name and that's it. Everything else is zero and most of the buttons don't work. If you have any hints how to get it to do more, please share. I use lates iOS version on an iPhone X. 

I'm trying to get an update from the app developers to find the latest release estimate for you! I don't recall the default speed limit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, em1barns said:

It’s usually written on the side of the tire. From top of my head, try 2.8 bars.

Did you try your Ninebot S2 valve extender for inflating?

I've lost it but I have another extender. I got it to work bending the valve with pliers. I put 4,5 bars on it now but some of it escaped. Easy to reduce while on the ride. 

43 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Just finished my first ride. While the video is brewing, I'll share some initial thoughts in text form:

Ride feel:

- Very different to my Ninebot. It definitely feels larger and heavier. But also very stable. Difficult to say much yet, it takes some time to get used to it. 

- This model was set to have the pedals a bit tilted up. I hope I can change this when the app comes. I think this is why @Marty Backe felt it took more effort to go fast. I also felt that the wheel was tilting back from the start and had to stand quite far in front of the pedals. I think this will be corrected. 

- Going over curbs felt really good. 

- Turning takes a bit more effort compared to the 14" Ninebot. I think the wide tire is so heavy that it's rotational inertia starts to be noticeable. And takes some learning to ride with a larger and taller wheel.

Sound:

- I can't believe there was so much talk about it being loud. This is a very quiet wheel. About the level of my Ninebot S2. Maybe a difference in production model but in my videos you can barely hear it. Absolutely a non-issue. 

- The warning beeps are too loud. I don't want to raise so much attention when riding on the edge. 

Tire:

- I can feel that it is wider and larger. After my first ride I don't see how the 4" tire on the Z-series is a good idea. There is a lot of grip and comfort on it. I have to experiment with different pressures to know more. I was riding with the pressure it came with and have not tested it. 

Speed: 

- Without the app I'm not sure what the speed limit was set to but I was surprised I could reach the (very loud!) warning beep so fast. I don't think I was going 25 mph / 40 km/h. 

- I did enjoy riding fast very much. Quite effortless despite the wrongly tilted pedals. I experienced some wobbles when accelerating quickly. I'm not sure if it's just me not used to the wheel yet. 

Climbing ability:

- I did a couple of extremely steep but short parts. No problems, feels very strong. Not enough data yet, though. 

The pedals:

- Veeeery comfortable compared to my Ninebot. No foot ache. I like that they are not tilted up so much. The height feels good. 

- With my shoes the rubber is very grippy. I like it. More grippy than the grip tape on my other wheel. 

- I can see why @Marty Backe had problems with them. It might be because of this upward tilt they have at the moment. I felt that with bumps my feet jumped a bit and fell backwards. I have  not tested with other shoes or when wet. 

The trolley handle:

- Comically high. I'm 170 cm tall and if the wheel was 5cm/2 inches taller I could walk it by standing straight and holding wheel up with a straight arm. It really needs to be only 1/2 of it's current height. 

- There probably are better handles out there and there are also worse handles. And there are wheels with no trolley handles at all. This one does the job. I didn't buy this wheel to trolley it around. If it's needed it works. There is some room for improvement and I think they will solve it.

Overall I'm happy and have positive feelings right now. This is a very strong wheel. I will need to get at least 100 km on it to feel totally comfortable to go fast and start carving etc. The app cannot come fast enough. Feels naked without it. Tomorrow I'll have a longer ride. A video of my first ride comes very soon... 

The pedals on my pre-production unit were level to the ground, so that is not a contributing factor to my feet slipping off or the perceived notion that going fast (>22-mph) requires more effort.

Good to know about the sound. Did you happened to see my flyby video? Maybe you could record a similar shot so we can hear how yours sounds in comparison.

Is your trolley handle rotating joint tight, or loose like mine was?

It's unfortunate that with all the loooong hype about this wheel, Inmotion wasn't able to effectively schedule the app work so that new owners had something to configure their wheel with. That would bother me. I hear one to two weeks which probably means two to four weeks.

• Like 3