New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

Sounds like what you could expect from a new Inmotion wheel. Not going for the extremes, but nicely in the middle. Hopefully it looks good.

44 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

- Available in 640Wh & 920Wh (good news)

Any idea what voltage/battery configuration that makes? I can't get any good numbers that make sense for both capacities.

47 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

- Wide and high pedals

Hoping they did some pedal and general ergonomy thinking, after Ninebot apparently didn't.

• Like 1

1200w? 1500w? Who knows! Anyway a V8 with bigger tyre, 40km/h, the same hard response and the same building quality it is the best new of the year! ( at list for me after a V5F+ and a V8 that I love)

Edited by phatmike

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sounds like what you could expect from a new Inmotion wheel. Not going for the extremes, but nicely in the middle. Hopefully it looks good.

Any idea what voltage/battery configuration that makes? I can't get any good numbers that make sense for both capacities.

Hoping they did some pedal and general ergonomy thinking, after Ninebot apparently didn't.

920wh: 72volt(20x3,6) x 3200mah x 4 parallel

Perhaps for the 640 they use a 2200mah cell, then it works also.

Would make sense as they used both cell types in former models....

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I will never part with my Inmotion V5F+ or V8. I wished more EUC manufacturers would incorporate higher pedal mounts. When I hard bank my other wheels the pedals hit the pavement. 

The new GW Tesla, the ks18s/18L all also have 16cm pedal hight....

I guess on new wheels, we will not see low pedals anymore.

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Thanks! I was not aware. You just pushed me closure to the Tesla.  The Inmotion V8 pedal height is definitely higher the the KS16S. On sharp turns I scrap the pedals on the KS.:(

25074408837_0dff7998d0_b.jpg

28166396509_79aeb99b2d_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Rehab1 Yip, the KS16s has unfortunatly only a slightly higher pedal than the Ks16, which is about 2 years old now. The pedaltype only changed and this kind of pedal is a bit angled. But that doesnt help that much...

On the 14d/s and especially on the 18S and forthcoming 18L the pedalarms are now higher. Also on the Tesla they are about the same height as V8....not comparable to the Acm anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

920wh: 72volt(20x3,6) x 3200mah x 4 parallel

Perhaps for the 640 they use a 2200mah cell, then it works also.

Would make sense as they used both cell types in former models....

:clap3:

So 84V with some slightly unusual cell capacities (going from what GW/KS do). Makes sense if it's an evolution of the V8. I wonder why they don't use 2900mAh and 3500mAh as well.

2 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Didn't Inmotion vow to @Jason McNeil that they would never build a wheel to exceed 30kph.

Probably they know that the potential customers vowed never to buy a wheel that maxes out at 30:whistling:

30 is indeed too slow. There's a huge difference between 25 (really too slow), 30 (ok but sometimes kind of slow), 35 (pretty good) and 40 (speed of death).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

FYI, the Tesla pedals are the exact height of the ACM pedals. The difference is the ACM pedals are level with the ground but the Tesla pedals have a few degree dihedral angle. The Tesla pedals have the advantage of less pedal scrape (for those who have that problem - poor technique in my opinion -_-) but the disadvantage of slightly less comfortable pedals.

50 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

FYI, the Tesla pedals are the exact height of the ACM pedals. The difference is the ACM pedals are level with the ground but the Tesla pedals have a few degree dihedral angle. The Tesla pedals have the advantage of less pedal scrape (for those who have that problem - poor technique in my opinion -_-) but the disadvantage of slightly less comfortable pedals.

???

Photos?

Specifications (and my experience say something totally diffferent), Yes, msuper pedals are quite high...but ACM pedals are ....just to low:

https://gotwayamerica.com/pages/specifications

Acm 11 cm

tesla 15 cm

Edited by KingSong69

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

???

Photos?

Specifications (and my experience say something totally diffferent), Yes, msuper pedals are quite high...but ACM pedals are ....just to low:

https://gotwayamerica.com/pages/specifications

Acm 11 cm

tesla 15 cm

I may take photos later (not convenient to do so at the moment). But I took measurement from the floor to the center of the pivot pin (both tires inflated to 45-psi). Note that the Tesla uses the identical pedals as the ACM. I measured in Imperial and converted to Metric for your convenience.

• ACM: 10.795 cm
  • Tesla: 10.95 cm

I used a digital inclinometer (not my phone, but the phone would probably work too). Here are the dihedral angles for the pedals:

• ACM: ~7.5 degrees
  • Tesla: ~9.5 degrees

So, when an object is not level to the ground, where exactly do you measure to arrive at a height? Who knows where those Gotway America spec's came from, but you have exact measures from me.

EDIT: Rather then focus on absolute values, my measures show that the origin of the pedals is essentially the same for both wheels (the Tesla being 1/16" higher). The higher angle of the Tesla pedals gives the impression that they are higher from the ground, but it depends on what part of the foot you are measuring.

What say you?  :)

Edited by Marty Backe

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

... pedal scrape (for those who have that problem - poor technique in my opinion -_-) ...

So, you think pedal scrape on EUCs with lower pedals is bad technique. Seems to me it is bad EUC design.  My thoughts: I ought not have to underlean the EUC to prevent pedal scrape.  I.e. I should force the EUC more upright than the amount my body is leaned; I ought to be able to lean my EUC the same amount.

Other than forcing the EUC to stay in an unnaturally vertical position during higher lean turns: Is there some other technique to use to prevent pedal scrape?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Note EUC width (of pedal mounts) also impact the "apparent" pedal height.  A narrow EUC with X high pedals will lean substantially further before scraping than will a wider EUC with the same height pedals.   Maybe the best way to measure pedal height is an angle: How far can the wheel title sideways before the pedal scrapes.

Edited by duaner

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

What say you?  :)

I say unfortunatly i dont have the Tesla here anymore...maybe the angle works out for the Tesla pedals to be 15cm outside...

Defintitly the ACM -at the outside- is much lower, as i (an others)alltime scratch the pedals on it. But for sure thats just our poor technique......

Btw. That are GW china specs...not GW america

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 1

@Jeffrey Scott Will, @Bobwheel, @GreenWheel

Are you guys in a position to talk about this new wheel? You mentioned a new wheel was incoming for SoloWheel and I'm guessing this is going to be it given your hook up with Inmotion.

Can you confirm or deny what is listed above, or even add more details to it?

The shroud of secrecy seems to be lifting off the Ninebot Z Series and the KS18L. It would be good to get some excitement going about this new wheel for the Inmotion/Solowheel range. Glide 4?

26 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I say unfortunatly i dont have the Tesla here anymore...maybe the angle works out for the Tesla pedals to be 15cm outside...

Defintitly the ACM -at the outside- is much lower, as i (an others)alltime scratch the pedals on it. But for sure thats just our poor technique......

Btw. That are GW china specs...not GW america

That's all I have to say about pedals. People can arrive at their own conclusions.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, duaner said:

So, you think pedal scrape on EUCs with lower pedals is bad technique. Seems to me it is bad EUC design.  My thoughts: I ought not have to underlean the EUC to prevent pedal scrape.  I.e. I should force the EUC more upright than the amount my body is leaned; I ought to be able to lean my EUC the same amount.

Other than forcing the EUC to stay in an unnaturally vertical position during higher lean turns: Is there some other technique to use to prevent pedal scrape?

Yes. I see videos of people scraping the hell out of their pedals on wheels that I own and ride, yet somehow I'm able to ride and turn as I wish without scraping my pedals. Yes, every once in awhile I'll scrape a pedal, but never to a degree that I think, "damn, I wish these pedals were higher". And I don't have to concentrate on not scraping my pedals. I ride and turn very naturally.

Some people have poor technique. Many people don't practice the basics. Many people can't smoothly mount their wheels. And many people scrape their pedals :)

These are just observations of mine. As long as people enjoy their wheels, how they ride is their business. But don't blame the wheel for your (not you, but the generic masses out there) inadequacies. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes. I see videos of people scraping the hell out of their pedals on wheels that I own and ride, yet somehow I'm able to ride and turn as I wish without scraping my pedals. Yes, every once in awhile I'll scrape a pedal, but never to a degree that I think, "damn, I wish these pedals were higher". And I don't have to concentrate on not scraping my pedals. I ride and turn very naturally.

Some people have poor technique. Many people don't practice the basics. Many people can't smoothly mount their wheels. And many people scrape their pedals :)

These are just observations of mine. As long as people enjoy their wheels, how they ride is their business. But don't blame the wheel for your (not you, but the generic masses out there) inadequacies. 

exactly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I also had the opportunity to visit Inmotion HQ during the China trip last week. The R&D team were keeping a tight lip on the exact specs & final design, but I can lend support to the general outline here. Release date guidance for all three manufacturers (KS, 9B1, Inmotion) is around the same late April-May dates. What a year 2018 is going to be for Electric Unicycles!

And of course there's the 20-inch Gotway wheel and the MSuper V4 (surely they must be working on a new 18-inch wheel like they did with the Tesla). I just don't want to make some people think that Gotway won't be part of the excitement :D

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

@Jeffrey Scott Will, @Bobwheel, @GreenWheel

Are you guys in a position to talk about this new wheel? You mentioned a new wheel was incoming for SoloWheel and I'm guessing this is going to be it given your hook up with Inmotion.

Can you confirm or deny what is listed above, or even add more details to it?

The shroud of secrecy seems to be lifting off the Ninebot Z Series and the KS18L. It would be good to get some excitement going about this new wheel for the Inmotion/Solowheel range. Glide 4?

A merger doesn’t change a company overnight (maybe ever).

Highly doubt SoloWheel America is developing anything when the actual wheel development and manufacture for the current line is still coming from InMotion China.

This very much seems to be the case in the seemingly split culture / corporate disconnect of Segway America vs Ninebot China, despite that merger.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

And of course there's the 20-inch Gotway wheel and the MSuper V4 (surely they must be working on a new 18-inch wheel like they did with the Tesla). I just don't want to make some people think that Gotway won't be part of the excitement :D

Whats funny:

The China aliexpress sellers are -since 2 months- selling a Msuper Version with 1900/2000 Watt Tesla motor, board with fans, harder firmware etc etc...

BUT: They dont know the „ACM2“...(with Tesla motor)

Perhaps GW has some kind of region thing .....some wheels only for specific markets

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1