New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

33 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I skimmed the end, still dunno what you're supposed to be hearing, the cameraman's Gotway or King Song PWM whine is pretty loud in the vid.

Much ado about nothing.?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

You dicks literally infected me, psychologically, with your talk of the noise of our EUC engines being bothersome!  Now it's starting to annoy me a bit...

I find my Inmotion V8 motor notice if you can call it that king relaxing as it gives me a sense of "speed" or workload. And riding pass pedestrians or bicycles have a chance to hear me conning up close to the avoiding or at least to some degree minimize their suprise or scared jumping reaction.

So to me a dead quite wheel would be bad due to me riding on bicycle paths and commuting to work.

• Upvote 1

my first inmotion. i’m excited about those high pedals. gonna be awhile before i try to walk Bob on it. otw home tn he saw something more interesting than running with me and i had to bail. the little s2 wearing it’s neoprene shorts won’t get hurt.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

got my shipment notification from inmotion.

Me as well. My V10F appears to be in Chicago which is only one day transit to Toledo. I thought they shipped out of California.

28006447628_064598fc16_b.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Me as well. My V10F appears to be in Chicago which is only one day transit to Toledo. I thought they shipped out of California.

28006447628_064598fc16_b.jpg

i know i saw that. it would better for me too. 

i was gonna ask u about that clear sheeting stuff u made protective covers with. is it stiff enough to make snap on bottom protection for our pedals?

21 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i was gonna ask u about that clear sheeting stuff u made protective covers with. is it stiff enough to make snap on bottom protection for our pedals?

It is stiff but I’m not sure what you mean by ‘snap on’. Are you referring to a wrap around design?

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It is stiff but I’m not sure what you mean by ‘snap on’. Are you referring to a wrap around design?

like if u took a pedal off, flipped it upside down and then molded that stuff over the bottom and the sides and even curled it over slightly to the top of the pedal. think like a pringle can lid. or peanut can lid. 

Edited by novazeus

9 minutes ago, novazeus said:

like if u took a pedal off, flipped it upside down and then molded that stuff over the bottom and the sides and even curled it over slightly to the top of the pedal. think like a pringle can lid. or peanut can lid. 

Yes the silicone would probably work. I would be concerned if the silicone covered pedal touched a concrete or asphate surface while performing a sharp turn. It might grab onto the surface enough to cause an abrupt loss of momentum. 

Edit: Unfortunately double faced tape does not stick to the silicone

Edited by Rehab1

That stuff that serious motorbikers use on their knee pads to "glide" over asphalt while their knee is touching might be something to try. You drill two holes through the plastic and the pedals and put a strong (black) countersunk bolt through it, countered with a nut that fits inside the hexagon structure in the pedal. You could scrape the plastic but the pedals would still look shiny.... Not sure you'd like to drill through a new pedal, of course

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes the silicone would probably work. I would be concerned if the silicone covered pedal touched a concrete or asphate surface while performing a sharp turn. It might grab onto the surface enough to cause an abrupt loss of momentum. 

Edit: Unfortunately double faced tape does not stick to the silicone

5 minutes ago, MacPara said:

That stuff that serious motorbikers use on their knee pads to "glide" over asphalt while their knee is touching might be something to try. You drill two holes through the plastic and the pedals and put a strong (black) countersunk bolt through it, countered with a nut that fits inside the hexagon structure in the pedal. You could scrape the plastic but the pedals would still look shiny.... Not sure you'd like to drill through a new pedal, of course

yeah, silicone wouldn’t be good. nylon is probably the material in those knee coaster the racing bike guys use. 

is ur grip tape the 3m coarse? i use to have to cut a big piece for the thresholds on the vault doors i put in. we thought it would be smart to put in on my friends hobie cat. good grip but if it catches u when u fall off it gave bad road rash. ax me how i know dat.

Mine is supposed to be delivered today by “End of day”, but there is no tracking info other than Order processed: waiting for UPS. This tells me it really didn’t ship out and won’t be left on my doorstep by the UPS Santa Claus. 

It also shows as coming from Chicago, which it can’t be. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TechShizzle said:

Mine is supposed to be delivered today by “End of day”, but there is no tracking info other than Order processed: waiting for UPS. This tells me it really didn’t ship out and won’t be left on my doorstep by the UPS Santa Claus. 

It also shows as coming from Chicago, which it can’t be. 

urs is probably coming from chicago and since i’m in florida mines probably coming from kalifornia. 

seriously though. when u get urs tmrw, give us a review.

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

urs is probably coming from chicago and since i’m in florida mines probably coming from kalifornia. 

seriously though. when u get urs tmrw, give us a review.

Probably. I’m in Cali about an hour from Jason’s warehouse, so it would be my luck. 

Unfortunately I’m out of town tomorrow, but if it shows up I’ll be putting some miles on it on Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TechShizzle said:

Probably. I’m in Cali about an hour from Jason’s warehouse, so it would be my luck. 

Unfortunately I’m out of town tomorrow, but if it shows up I’ll be putting some miles on it on Saturday. 

exciting!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

A great tutorial. That would definitely work. Take the pedals off of the wheel, place them upside down on a wooden block so they are elevated a few inches. Now you will have some space beneath the pedals to wrap the heated material around.