New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

When the first guys get their production V10F wheels, I'd really like some feedback about the motor whine. It was hurting my ears when I was watching Marty's video series pushing the V10F through the hills but I am still hoping that this is just because of being a pre-production wheel. So, my hopes are still holding that maybe, just maybe, you guys unpack yours and find that it just glides without this annoying whine. A noisy motor could definitely kill my excitement for the V10F....

Edited by MacPara
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, MacPara said:

When the first guys get their production V10F wheels, I'd really like some feedback about the motor whine. It was hurting my ears when I was watching Marty's video series pushing the V10F through the hills but I am still hoping that this is just because of being a pre-production wheel. So, my hopes are still holding that maybe, just maybe, you guys unpack yours and find that it just glides without this annoying whine. A noisy motor could definitely kill my excitement for the V10F....

i will, i will!

i’m all happy because i did hear from @Jeffrey Scott Will that mine sb shipping out early next week so hopefully maybe next weekend. 

it’s pretty quiet here at the ranch so i’m pretty aware of the noise the wheels make. i’ll do a comparative bunch of videos down my road. my little 9bot s1’s are definitely the quietest. slowest too though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i will, i will!

i’m all happy because i did hear from @Jeffrey Scott Will that mine sb shipping out early next week so hopefully maybe next weekend. 

it’s pretty quiet here at the ranch so i’m pretty aware of the noise the wheels make. i’ll do a comparative bunch of videos down my road. my little 9bot s1’s are definitely the quietest. slowest too though.

Looking forward to your verdict!

It's definitely one of the things I like about the Tesla. You can hardly tell there's a motor running! And the silence of the V5 is just something I had expected from the V10 as well.

1 minute ago, MacPara said:

Looking forward to your verdict!

It's definitely one of the things I like about the Tesla. You can hardly tell there's a motor running! And the silence of the V5 is just something I had expected from the V10 as well.

i’m not a gotway user but i can compare to the 9bots and the kingsongs. 

i knida like a little motor noise as opposed to none.

1 hour ago, MacPara said:

Will be interesting, but I really think that's the sound. It's amazing how quiet the Tesla is next to the V10F. The V10F isn't as annoying as the high-pitched whine of some of the early Gotway wheels, but I do think it's now the loudest motor out there :(

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Will be interesting, but I really think that's the sound. It's amazing how quiet the Tesla is next to the V10F. The V10F isn't as annoying as the high-pitched whine of some of the early Gotway wheels, but I do think it's now the loudest motor out there :(

I am hoping the high pitched whine of the V10F will eventually become subliminal to my ears while riding but I am beginning to experiment with various sound generator apps that might help to mask some of the noisy frequency depicted in @Marty Backe videos.  Incorporating Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) technology into the V10F electronics would be one way to help reduce high pitched sounds before it reaches your ears but the custom technology could be expensive.

ANC technology is based on introducing a synthesized sound wave that is identical to the unwanted noise but 180 degrees out of phase thus cancelling out the sound frequency. Engineers have been applying this technology to eliminate sounds in the cabins of automobiles, dampen annoying sounds generated by medical equipment, small appliances (dishwashers, vacuum cleaners, etc) and noisy range hoods. Unfortunately  this advanced technology is no where in sight for the EUC community. I believe there might be less expensive method to help reduce some of the noise.

Wearing a ANC headset while riding would greatly help to eliminate the high pitched whine of the V10F but that could dangerous as other sounds such as approaching cars will muffled as well. An alternative might be using the V10F’s Bluetooth speaker system to play synthesized sounds through while riding. There are many free and inexpensive apps available for smart phones that create unlimited sound frequencies that might help to cancel out some of the high pitched whine before it reaches your ears. Below are a few apps I will be experimenting with.

MultiTone Generator Lite

41714588932_755c2b2bc8_b.jpg

Tone Generator

41714588872_2540d79db7_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I am hoping the high pitched whine of the V10F will eventually become subliminal to my ears while riding but I am beginning to experiment with various sound generator apps that might help to mask some of the noisy frequency depicted in @Marty Backe videos.  Incorporating Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) technology into the V10F electronics would be one way to help reduce high pitched sounds before it reaches your ears but the custom technology could be expensive.

ANC technology is based on introducing a synthesized sound wave that is identical to the unwanted noise but 180 degrees out of phase thus cancelling out the sound frequency. Engineers have been applying this technology to eliminate sounds in the cabins of automobiles, dampen annoying sounds generated by medical equipment, small appliances (dishwashers, vacuum cleaners, etc) and noisy range hoods. Unfortunately  this advanced technology is no where in sight for the EUC community. I believe there might be less expensive method to help reduce some of the noise.

Wearing a ANC headset while riding would greatly help to eliminate the high pitched whine of the V10F but that could dangerous as other sounds such as approaching cars will muffled as well. An alternative might be using the V10F’s Bluetooth speaker system to play synthesized sounds through while riding. There are many free and inexpensive apps available for smart phones that create unlimited sound frequencies that might help to cancel out some of the high pitched whine before it reaches your ears. Below are a few apps I will be experimenting with.

MultiTone Generator Lite

41714588932_755c2b2bc8_b.jpg

Tone Generator

41714588872_2540d79db7_b.jpg

From my understanding the V10 noise isn't high pitched at all, it's just a little loud

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MacPara said:

i reviewed the V10 and I don’t recall an annoying whine at all. Maybe it was more evident when the V10 was climbing the steep hills of Cali as per Marty’s video but as I was traversing the park and riding it for about a half hour, there was no annoying whine heard by me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

MultiTone Generator Lite

Tone Generator

What's particularly disadvantageous for you is that there will be no stealth riding of the V10F while your wife is anywhere nearby :crying:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

i reviewed the V10 and I don’t recall an annoying whine at all. Maybe it was more evident when the V10 was climbing the steep hills of Cali as per Marty’s video but as I was traversing the park and riding it for about a half hour, there was no annoying whine heard by me. 

No hills in this sound shot

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, US69 said:

My view on the sound:

There are allways 2 sounds when driving an EUC...one is the high pitch beep noise from the board...and one is the whining on the wheel itself.

As former Tesla and current KS18S/Monster owner and hearing that video:

This wheel sounds like a Kingsong....a very loud whining from the wheel itself (but i think even the 18S is louder). Cant say much to the high pitch sound as this is more quiet than the whining and so not so easy to hear!

I have to say, yes , on the Tesla GW got rid of both sounds...pretty spectacular!!!

Another opinion:This has also to do with the different motor drive algorythms! Yes, a KS S series (and the V10F, as Marty said) needs more "effort" to get to higher speeds...

When i would try to describe it, the Tesla algorythm is more gliding and much easier to accelerate...and the KS therefor the magnets seams much more glued or near to one another! I have had this effect on all GW/KS.....the GW is easier to accelerate...but instead the KS have a MUCH more better braking, as the algorithm seams to be much more designed for torque and braking/grip....as soft and fast as a GW/Tesla/my  Monster accelerates, therefor it is leaking a real "grip" of the magnets! Hard to describe, i would guess you need to drive both and all wheels for  really experiencing the difference!

And dont get me wrong...both algos have their plus and minus ? it is just a different behaviour ? 

Hope something of this makes sense....at least for those who have driven both/all ..... 

Very nice description.

The sound probably doesn't reproduce perfectly in the video, but I assure you that it's much louder than any KS wheel that I've ridden.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very nice description.

The sound probably doesn't reproduce perfectly in the video, but I assure you that it's much louder than any KS wheel that I've ridden.

Just curious Marty, what did you think of the braking power of the V10F?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very nice description.

I believe you ...definitly!

Just from the videos the V10f sound "signature" sounds nearly like a Kingsong...When i first received my 18S i called it the "Star Wars x-fighter" sound...just a loud "woooosh" all the time ?

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

how fast were u going in this vid?

go bolts!

It was on a hill and curvy, so not that fast really.  Probably between 15 and 18 mph.

3 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Just curious Marty, what did you think of the braking power of the V10F?

Seemed good from what little I tried. Again, I had planned for more testing along these lines but the wheel failed before I had a chance :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

how fast were u going in this vid?

go bolts!

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No hills in this sound shot

You are right about that. For some reason the whine for me was not that that annoying though. Maybe because i got used to that whine from my KS14C that i was relatively oblivious to the sound. 

• Like 1