New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 minute ago, Kael said:

I love wearing mine for walking, running, driving and anything that requires some grip. I like them for riding too, but the lack of cushion is uncomfortable on longer rides. 

yeah they are absolutely necessary for jetskiing especially at the boat ramps with the barnacles and slippery slime.

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

just ordered these. $53.50 with fl sales tax delivered from dick’s. size 12. i’m gearing up for my new v10

I suspect that vans aren't get better grip than a hikers because the rubber pedals of v10f.

found information in the official web of IM what's suggest the v10 comes with factory speed limit of 25km/h

what we need to unlock the 40km/h speed? can be reached without the app runing all the time?

I don't want a euc what it need the phone and gps running all the time

Screenshot_20180502-100207.png

59 minutes ago, Demargon said:

... found information in the official web of IM what's suggest the v10 comes with factory speed limit of 25km/h

what we need to unlock the 40km/h speed? can be reached without the app runing all the time?

I don't want a euc what it need the phone and gps running all the time

I guess it's just like the V8. You choose a higher speed in the app, get the usual "no responsibility disclaimer", and off you go. No need for the app running on your phone after that.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

After never receiving my Gotway Tesla 1020Wh (production issues apparently) and a winter in which it was impossible to ride anyway, I just ordered the successor of my V8, a V10F. Let's try crossing those train rails again at 30 km/h, but without cutouts this time :lol: . Delivery this month.

Congrats! Should be a sweet snow wheel too with the great torque and high pedal clearance. Maybe get a snow tire when the time comes ?

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

After never receiving my Gotway Tesla 1020Wh (production issues apparently) and a winter in which it was impossible to ride anyway, I just ordered the successor of my V8, a V10F. Let's try crossing those train rails again at 30 km/h, but without cutouts this time :lol: . Delivery this month.

I hope they work out the Tesla issues, I think it still competes. Too bad it got out early, but also Gotway is busy with other stuff so no maybe Tesla waits... All these great wheels, but hard to get most of them still, I wonder what it will be like by the end of May, much better or people still missing out.

My experience with the V8 was very good. Very nice wheel, nice finish. I presume the V10F will be of the same level of quality, only faster and with a bigger battery (and those were the things that bothered me on the V8. Not faster per se, but more margin needed. Too much beep beep when going 28 km/h).

By the end of last year the Tesla looked like the only good alternative without going to 18". I don't really know what went wrong there. My supplier never got back to me about this wheel after me ordering it (I didn't need to pay up front), and now he told me there were issues with the 1020Wh version so he never got them. Should go read on the Gotway subforum to find out what it was about I guess ... anyway, he didn't mind me not taking the Tesla so I ordered (and paid) for this one instead.

13 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

My experience with the V8 was very good. Very nice wheel, nice finish. I presume the V10F will be of the same level of quality, only faster and with a bigger battery (and those were the things that bothered me on the V8. Not faster per se, but more margin needed. Too much beep beep when going 28 km/h).

By the end of last year the Tesla looked like the only good alternative without going to 18". I don't really know what went wrong there. My supplier never got back to me about this wheel after me ordering it (I didn't need to pay up front), and now he told me there were issues with the 1020Wh version so he never got them. Should go read on the Gotway subforum to find out what it was about I guess ... anyway, he didn't mind me not taking the Tesla so I ordered (and paid) for this one instead.

If the V8 had even 200wh more battery, I doubt if I'd have bought another wheel or even have any interest in one. 

You should've set the max speed to 35km/h.  

54 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

You should've set the max speed to 35km/h.  

Doesn't change anything to the problem IMO. The margin that the wheel has is too small to be cruising at 28+ km/h. With a 40 km/h top speed, cruising at 30km/h gives you plenty of margin. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Doesn't change anything to the problem IMO. The margin that the wheel has is too small to be cruising at 28+ km/h. With a 40 km/h top speed, cruising at 30km/h gives you plenty of margin. 

Increasing the speed capacity of the wheel by 5km/h doesn't change the problem.  Okay.  

3 hours ago, FreeRide said:

I hope they work out the Tesla issues, I think it still competes. Too bad it got out early, but also Gotway is busy with other stuff so no maybe Tesla waits... All these great wheels, but hard to get most of them still, I wonder what it will be like by the end of May, much better or people still missing out.

As far as I know, there are no issues with the Tesla except preconceived notions

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

As far as I know, there are no issues with the Tesla except preconceived notions

Thought they had already confirmed the casing and motor wire compression issue?  A few too many mishaps to be just brushed off, maybe nothing but... statistically?  Could be there is nothing behind that dealer's report mentioned above, but it's not in stock anywhere, that's worth noting.  It was a HOT item, then it disappeared. Usually there would at least be a small trickle, but the flow was stopped dead for a while it looks like.

.... and it looks like there was a QC issue with the board mounting given there have been 3-5 instances that we have heard about.  This might have been a tolerance issue at some manufacturing stage.

Edited by FreeRide
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Thought they had already confirmed the casing and motor wire compression issue?  A few too many mishaps to be just brushed off, maybe nothing but... statistically?  Could be there is nothing behind that dealer's report mentioned above, but it's not in stock anywhere, that's worth noting.  It was a HOT item, then it disappeared. Usually there would at least be a small trickle, but the flow was stopped dead for a while it looks like.

.... and it looks like there was a QC issue with the board mounting given there have been 3-5 instances that we have heard about.  This might have been a tolerance issue at some manufacturing stage.

The motor wire compression issue was 7-months ago and fixed with the initial shipment. I'm sure that there have been failures but I'm not aware of Tesla's randomly failing such that it has a bad reputation. Of course I understand the usual "Gotway makes junk" argument. Meanwhile I continue to ride and have fun while others sit on the sideline waiting for the perfect wheel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The motor wire compression issue was 7-months ago and fixed with the initial shipment. I'm sure that there have been failures but I'm not aware of Tesla's randomly failing such that it has a bad reputation. Of course I understand the usual "Gotway makes junk" argument. Meanwhile I continue to ride and have fun while others sit on the sideline waiting for the perfect wheel.

Not saying it was enough for a new 'bad reputation', but it looks like there may have been some things they are addressing.  Looks like a great wheel, but might need a few tweaks.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I thought Jason at ewheels said that a high percentage of them would die within the first several miles, but if they didn't then they were usually pretty good to go.   I'd have to look hard for that comment from him ( ok, I'm too lazy to look), maybe it was in the 1k Tesla cutout thread.

39 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

I thought Jason at ewheels said that a high percentage of them would die within the first several miles, but if they didn't then they were usually pretty good to go.   I'd have to look hard for that comment from him ( ok, I'm too lazy to look), maybe it was in the 1k Tesla cutout thread.

I believe Jason mentioned a 15% failure rate out the box. I think the failures were QA failures, however, and not inherent design problems. if one is among the six out of seven, life is good. If on one is the seventh .. not so much. All of "that" not withstanding, I still find the Tesla attractive as I "wait" for the Z line.

Edited by Jerome
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dany Slx said:

At 5min, a group of wheelers test the V10F ... no english subtitles

You can hear the noise. The cameraman is on Msuper which makes more noise than the V10F.

Not sure what you're supposed to be hearing here; TBF there are several other wheels that are powered on in the room in said clip.

Edited by houseofjob

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

. I'm sure that there have been failures but I'm not aware of Tesla's randomly failing such that it has a bad reputation. Of course I understand the usual "Gotway makes junk" argument. Meanwhile I continue to ride and have fun while others sit on the sideline waiting for the perfect wheel.

To be honest, i have seen several failures and/or reports from cutouts out of the blue, some because of failing Mosfet (shadoz for example after 900kmh) and some with no reason to be found, with the wheel still working after the cutout( most prominent the Taiwan guy) and a lot of headscratching what was the cause.  I would not Count that under the typical  "GW is trash" Argument......

And nope, i dont sit on the sideline :-)

And Yeah, waiting for a "perfect" wheel would mean waiting forever ....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Not sure what you're supposed to be hearing here; TBF there are several other wheels that are powered on in the room in said clip.

Just watch until the end of video ...

34 minutes ago, Dany Slx said:

Just watch until the end of video ...

I skimmed the end, still dunno what you're supposed to be hearing, the cameraman's Gotway or King Song PWM whine is pretty loud in the vid.