WaveCut

Ecodrift's part 2 teardown, including a sealed bearing swap.  In part 1, They spoke about the bearing being a shielded version and suggested that inmotion change it to a sealed bearing.  Perhaps this is related to what duf experience in rain.

https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/25/inmotion-v11-ves-dvigatelya-i-prodolzhenie-razborki-ch-2/

Edited by musk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, musk said:

Ecodrift's part 2 teardown, including a sealed bearing swap.  In part 1, They spoke about the bearing being a shielded version and suggested that inmotion change it to a sealed bearing.  Perhaps this is related to what duf experience in rain.

https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/25/inmotion-v11-ves-dvigatelya-i-prodolzhenie-razborki-ch-2/

The translation of their conclusion--obviously not to be taken literally/word-for-word as it is a machine translation, but the message is 100% clear:

I personally have already driven the V11. And my emotions are going through the roof. I forgot about all the design flaws. About the lack of dampers and, in general, the fact that the suspension is actually a suspension layout. The wheel moves in such a way that I don't want to stop and I am ready to forgive him all the flaws. Because it rides really amazing. Yes, the suspension in the V11 is not the main and defining element. This unicycle as a whole is very interesting. This is the first 18 from Inmotion. This is the first wheel with serious lighting fixtures. This is a wheel that feels premium compared to everything before. Nevertheless, despite all this, the first thing you pay attention to is the work of these very air springs. It's so exciting that you don't pay attention to everything else.

Edited by AtlasP

Can someone with a V11 please take some pictures underneath the pedal and pillar? From the Ecodrift disassembly video it looks as though the pillar sticks out underneath the pedal. Do you imagine it will be possible to replace the pedals with any other ones from other models and brands? I've been on the fence for months but I have finally decided this needs to be my next wheel; however I really would like to put the hextech pedals on it.

Edited by h3X

33 minutes ago, h3X said:

Do you imagine it will be possible to replace the pedals with any other ones from other models and brands? I've been on the fence for months but I have finally decided this needs to be my next wheel; however I really would like to put the hextech pedals on it.

50123212147_eda5c2148b_b.jpg

50122988221_a9bfcf373a_b.jpg

50122424143_cdce1026a4_b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z3n said:

50122424143_cdce1026a4_b.jpg

Where can I purchase these pedals?? Any distributors in the US?? The HexTech telegram site (why?) has pictures and details in Russian but no identifiable shopping links. Really need these for an MSX.

3 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

Where can I purchase these pedals?? Any distributors in the US?? The HexTech telegram site (why?) has pictures and details in Russian but no identifiable shopping links. Really need these for an MSX.

The Russian guy behind HEX TECH made noise on this design was a steal of his design. Inmotion said they wouldn't steal anything, but invited to talks to come to some sort of agreement. The Russian guy seemed to welcome that. Since then it has been quiet about these pedals. 

Long time back in (I think it was in Apil) I provided feedback about the pedal design. I shared pictures and the name but I had only see picture of these and not any sale point. Probably because he sells though Facebook and Instagram (has no website) and I don't use these services. 

When Inmotion put out a survey on what accessories to work on first, these pedals were not on the list. If this means they are ready or put on hold or even scrapped I can't say. 

I think Inmotion are getting ready for a huge shipment  this Thursday as they have been quiet the past few days. 

My contact said he has been crazy busy for a long time. Obviously this V11 launch is very important to them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, musk said:

Ecodrift's part 2 teardown, including a sealed bearing swap.  In part 1, They spoke about the bearing being a shielded version and suggested that inmotion change it to a sealed bearing.

Very nice.

Translation link here: https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&pto=aue&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/25/inmotion-v11-ves-dvigatelya-i-prodolzhenie-razborki-ch-2/&usg=ALkJrhiYlSGqrEM5mpZdKG0djNKGu-Exyw

On 7/28/2020 at 1:12 AM, ZenRyder said:

Yes, I've been told the V11 demo version didn't have the negative chamber valve at the top which was added for production. However, apparently that doesn't make that big of a difference, I'm told. 

It makes a huge difference on small frequent bumps which was V11 weakness before.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AtlasP said:

(Learning on grass is a bit more difficult but not really and will save the wheel from the worst of the abuse the first few days/week of learning.)

Im getting S18 as my first wheel and ill be spending a lot of time on grass the first 2-3 weeks. 

11 hours ago, Nic said:

They recommend that you don't swap the battery....

But that just means they can't guarantee that the function can be covered by the warranty. 

So it works but at your own risk....:w00t2:

Can't wait for someone to give it a go. :laughbounce2:

Edited by onizukagto