WaveCut

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Worth remembering that Duf left the wheel bath in rainwater for a week for the bearings to go bad. And it’s the only V11 unit that has a reported an issue with the bearings. Or anything water related really. I think Inmotion changing the bearings because of this is almost an overreaction. The Z bearings have after all been used in some other EUCs as well. IM truly seems to be aiming for perfection with this one.

You are already familiar with the 18L. Of the wheels I’ve tried, KS fw 2.x requires the least amount of effort to accelerate. I’m afraid you will never find a wheel that accelerate with less effort than that. 18” is 18”, nothing more can be done to overcome that. If you need peppier acceleration, your only choice is a smaller tire diameter.

I recently purchased the V11 and it has noticeably better acceleration than my 18L, so it isn't just tire size.

• Like 3

To people going all happy go nally about Chooch saying V11 is better then S18. Just a reminder, he never said it. 

He said "I would take the V11 over S18 on this track!" :facepalm:

Not that he would take the V11 overall. 

But its good to know that V11 will be a solid off-road wheel on terrain with not so many bumps/rocks and other extremities. 

My S18 is on the way and Imma buy V11 on Christmas i think. 

• Like 3

Hello, 

I am in progress of the suspension project for one of the wheels - anybody knows the type / source / prices of the air shocks used in V11  ?

I am looking for this or similar type as shown here in the V11 dismantle  https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/23/inmotion-v11-razbiraem-ch-1/ 

2 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Hello, 

I am in progress of the suspension project for one of the wheels - anybody knows the type / source / prices of the air shocks used in V11  ?

I am looking for this or similar type as shown here in the V11 dismantle  https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/23/inmotion-v11-razbiraem-ch-1/ 

I don't know what they are using, but maybe look for something like this: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00483941

This one might be interesting: https://www.gasspringsshop.com/product/gas-spring-8-19-stroke-100/

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 2

Thank You for the links, I will explore in details, for now what I see is that those gas springs from the links are filled with specific pressure and does not allow to change pressure in them, anyway I will try to explore their offers and ask around if they have versions with valve...

27 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Thank You for the links, I will explore in details, for now what I see is that those gas springs from the links are filled with specific pressure and does not allow to change pressure in them, anyway I will try to explore their offers and ask around if they have versions with valve...

Ya, at least one of those is fixed.  I thought one was adjustable, but not sure how.  They are just pointers though so maybe you can find the right thing to search on and locate the correct part.  Those on the V11 look like something that might be part of a larger coil-over shock and they just took the pheumatic portion; however the travel is pretty short so I suspect it's primary application is something different.

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Those on the V11 look like something that might be part of a larger coil-over shock and they just took the pheumatic portion; however the travel is pretty short so I suspect it's primary application is something different.

That is what I expect - for sure they have used something existing already on the market- I wonder if this is maybe some kind of insert from the bike fork... 

Thank You for help. If anybody has an idea where those V11 shocks come from  / what type they are I am very interested to find out.

Travel is 90 mm, and total length is around 400 mm as far as I see from the pictures.

14 hours ago, onizukagto said:

I think waterproofing is fine.

I remember seeing avideo of Inmotion themselves spraying the V11 until dripping wet and it rolled off fine. Unfortunately i just combed this thread and i can't for the life of me find the link to that video.

If you want opinion on the water proofing, you can watch EVX video:

I think the points of the fan intake, is a valid place for water to get int here, but the circuit board housing has a beefy gasket ans the electronic board itself does have conformal coating to seal it (water resistant)  you can see it in the Inmotion factory tour video.

The fan is waterproof and only if you are intentionally spraying water (like in the video above) at that area, you might get water into it, but doing so is actually above the IP55 rating.
(There is  big gap between IP55 and IP56).

As for example of "water damage" only Duf experience that, which was a mechanical problem, not electronic.

I haven’t seen anyone mention this, but the fan actually blows outward toward the control board. The fan pushes out a good amount of air, with it on I don’t think water would accumulate. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jpd said:

I haven’t seen anyone mention this, but the fan actually blows outward toward the control board. The fan pushes out a good amount of air, with it on I don’t think water would accumulate. 

I wonder if the fan speed logic is only controlled by the headlamp status, or if it can also be turned on to cool the metal mainboard enclosure during high temp usage (i.e. hillcimbs).

15 hours ago, Unventor said:

Btw about bearing questions.

Liam from Inmotion said today all 2nd batch wheels has the RS bearing. 

He also said that most the accessories including the watch is ready soon. This means power pads, seat, bt speakers and watch. Now there were no news on lights. 

Unfortunately nothing still on price. But then again resellers set their own prices depending on region/country. 

Just a thought .. with the topology change .. combination of wide on diameter magnets , and wide diameter motor bearings .. which opens up the center section .. formerly space occupied with motor shaft , supports and such ..

Do you have any thoughts on weather this topology direction .. might open enough volume / real-estate to potentially get something like one of the 8 speed internal gear shimano hubs might be possible in the future ?

My line of thinking is , a Bicycle (with a fit ~800w peak output rider) with far less power than many EUCs (thanks to gearing) can still climb very steep hills , and travel at 30+ MPH when less torque is needed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, onizukagto said:

@Marty Backe fantastic video! 

Edit: Shame you didn't show you going back up the cliff, those slopes look proper steep, judging by how careful you were going down them.

Funny, I was thinking the same at the end of the video.....Like what? that's it? what about going back up that steep hill?🤣😂😅. But, nonetheless I always enjoy Marty's video.

Edited by newbie101
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, IamIan said:

Just a thought .. with the topology change .. combination of wide on diameter magnets , and wide diameter motor bearings .. which opens up the center section .. formerly space occupied with motor shaft , supports and such ..

Do you have any thoughts on weather this topology direction .. might open enough volume / real-estate to potentially get something like one of the 8 speed internal gear shimano hubs might be possible in the future ?

My line of thinking is , a Bicycle (with a fit ~800w peak output rider) with far less power than many EUCs (thanks to gearing) can still climb very steep hills , and travel at 30+ MPH when less torque is needed.

I believe the space that's been freed up is currently used by the batteries which is why the wheel is so slim. Electric motors on vehicles don't tend to have or need gears - even Tesla's don't have gears. Gearing would add a very real point of failure. The gears would also need to operate in both directions which is difficult to implement. I suspect it would also be difficult to make the rider feel perfectly balanced if the gearing keeps changing in the wheel.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marek Mazur said:

Is it true that peak motor power is only 3000W? When i accelerate on my 16x i often exceed 3k W, i really like v11 but i dont wanna soend my money on potencialy weaker wheel:(

where did you hear that? its listed at 4k the same as almost every other high end wheel lol.... and everybody knows thats conservative

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IamIan said:

I don't think this will ever be there. Gears are trading speed for power and vice versa. Cars with combustion engine need it, because combustion engine has a narrow range of effective RPMs (and doesn't really work at really slow speeds), so you are trying to keep the engine speed pretty much constant while going from "slow but strong" to "fast but weak". With bikes, the gear is there for a human who has a similar limitations. But in either case, you don't have an issue if it is on a fast gear and you hit a pothole.

The car/bike will stay stable and the worst you lose a bit of speed. You don't mind that you can't quickly accelerate at a fast gear. But EUC in that moment needs to spike the power greatly for a few milliseconds - it needs the power even on the fast end of its speed range. Imagine it as trying to get a gear 1 acceleration from your car while at a highway speed. Adding a fast gear would let you go faster at the expense of the available power and the faster the gear, the easier it would be to overlean. You would miss the power when hitting a pothole or anything. You can't just shift down the gear, as you are outside of the drivetrain conditions (motor, batteries, controller) - if you could use the lower gear at that moment, you wouldn't really need the faster gear. And I ignore the time needed to shift.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

where did you hear that? its listed at 4k the same as almost every other high end wheel lol.... and everybody knows thats conservative

It is in presentation from launch. But if that is taken out of context and it was a bit unclear at first, so mouth to mouth at group rides it can easy become "fact". Good thing is that @Inmotion Global have stated that it can perform much higher in short intervals. 

2 hours ago, Inmotion Global said:

the instant peak power can go over 5KW sometimes, and the  peak power is not 3Kw. 

So now we know from official source. 

Note: and I think better to ask questions to clear out a misunderstanding. Just keep asking @Marek Mazur 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, eve said:

Batteries. In the motor. Ok. :facepalm:

The Z10 close to does it. No reason you shouldn’t as long as you have cooling under control, which isn’t black magic.
The active part of the motor is a ring, not a cylinder.

Edited by null
  • Like 1