WaveCut

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

I understand it as they (inmotion) have a 0% battery at 68volts and then you can activate the go home function that makes it possible to go down to 63volts. 

Other other hand it could be a sign of a bad battery/cell/bms issue. But I am not an expert on these things, and since I have not yet received my V11 I can't confirm this with go home mode how it works. Inmotion sad they will share a new Speed trotting graph soon and this might show it better how they do this.

You'll have to educate me on the go home function.

6 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Sounds like you found the culprit. Could be that only one of the batteries are connected or something else fishy with them. Are you shipping the wheel for inspection? I don’t know how they would discover the problem without access to the wheel. 

I had the one battery connected thought as well.  I haven't tried opening it up, don't want to cause a warranty issue.  I'm waiting on word from Jason / IM as far as shipping back for diagnostic.  I'd love to know what it is.  I'm not going to ride any of my wheels until I get much better at my reaction time for tucking and rolling if a wheel cuts out.  Couple hundred rolls should sort that out.  I will absolutely not go through that amount of pain ever again if I can prevent it.

6 hours ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

If it is defective they should replace it with a new one.  The damage to the wheel is a result of the defect. 

I completely agree.

@Unventor, thank you for this explaination! I don't get to read ever page of these threads and this really saved me from looking back find the post about this battery behavior. 

I do hope there is a way for the wheel to not jump into and out of this "go home mode" during situation where more voltage drop is happening like having 40 under load and hitting a steep hill for 100 ft then back to flat ground. It's my understanding that the wheel will tilt you back and make you get off to enable "go home" and having to do that when you hit a hill only to turn it off when you are back to flat ground could be annoying. 

I am also just guessing that these are under load batter figures since resting figures don't matter when the wheel is holding you up :innocent1:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

Pre-production V11 :( I wish he could test it with the shocks having the upper valve etc so we could have a fair offroad comparison to the S18.

Yeah. I mean, its great that these companies make changes so that we can get a better wheel, but then it creates this awkward situation where what the reviewers are reviewing doesn't actually represent what we, as the customers, would get.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tryptych said:

Pre-production V11 :( I wish he could test it with the shocks having the upper valve etc so we could have a fair offroad comparison to the S18.

it's ok. all it means is that they get to do another v11 review. :lol:

• Like 2

I got some sad and some good news today. Apparently I got pushed from 1st batch to 2nd batch. 

It seems there were an issue fitting all thing I ordered into the one box so I guess they shipped it of to someone else. 

So today I were told it air ships out next week on Thirsday and expected transit time is about 1 week. This also mean that now I get the 2nd batch with "minor improvements" so no saddle screw issues and well I guess the "black stealth" look over the red rubber paddle look and chrome badge.

It also mean 2 other sad things. It will arrive later than I first though but still in my 2nd week of 3 weeks vacation. Also I can't provide rider experience content just yet, but should be able to soon. 

The 3rd downside is I can't help @Seba as soon as we hope to get EUC.WORLD support for V11. I don't know just yet if he will release new version with all other improvements and new wheels support and then add a follow-up update when ready with V11 or it will postpone the upcoming overhaul of many things to EUC.WORLD. Also @Seba access got delayed so I hope he can share more once he made a decision on this. 

I really wish to have had the wheel sooner. I paied like 480 $ for air shipping. But it is what it is. No hard feelings. It just means I hopefully don't have any of those annoying things people have had from 1st batch to what looks like stunning wheel.

Now I know we had 1 incident of unexplained cut-out. But compared to KS16X, I still think the initial launch has been better for the V11. I know people are very interested in knowing the reason of your incident @Senior Coffee.

But I think it is a 1 unit fault otherwise we would have seen others post something similar as it didn't seem to be stressed from your description. I also think we should give Inmotion some time to look into this and let the owner and reseller and Inmotion sort out together.

Then I am sure they will work out something for all parties can benefit in where the situation is. It is not Ideal but all needs to look forward as we can't change what has happend. As a soon fellow owner I am interested in will my V11 have same issue or not. What compensation or deal parties do isn't my business. If Inmotion allocated my 1st batch V11 to you I am very fine with this (nope I don't know if this happened, but I wouldn't mind at all I fully understand of it happened). 👍

From what I seen in telegram Liam from Inmotion has confirmed Inmotion taking g the matter seriously. I hope your guys work this out and it might sound stupid, but appreciate that you took one for the team. I think this is part reason we are not hearing much about shipping of production rates. 

In my company this would have put a hold on delivery until an incident investigation was done and issue is fixed to all none-shipped unit and hold for units on it's way to resellers. It is also why I am not unhappy being shifted from 1st batch to 2nd batch despite the high air shipping costs.

Sorry for the long post. But wellI promised to put up content asap but now you guys know why I have not been able to do this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oscapuss said:

I really like the rims on the motor.  It's a shame it's hidden under shell. 

Agree but it would have been even nice in dark titanium colour. Also better protected from winter weather if it was painted I guess.

35 minutes ago, Flying W said:

The year down from Ecco drift was very interesting. I'm surprised that the wheel is using the 220 mosfets and also surprised that the boards and wiring are so packed into that box! 

I'm interested in how well it does on the@Marty Backe mnt stress test! 

Yes, I was surprised to see that the entire electronics box is metal.  The bottom has smooth exposure to be cooled inside the wheel cavity without attracting dirt, and the upper shell is completely metal, being cooled by both ambient air flow and the headlight fan flow.  During hill climbs without fast ambient airflow, the electronics box may stay cooler if the headlamp is on so that the cooling fan remains active and blowing over the metal shell.  Inmotion could also write firmware which turns the headlamp fan on at high temps, regardless of whether the headlamp is active.

One thing I'd hope to improve is the strategy for water resistance between the two shell halves.  Currently they are "glued" at the factory, with what looks like a black silicone sealant.  I'd much prefer if this was some kind of reusable rubber gasket.  The existing method basically requires new silicone every time you reassemble to get a reliable seal.  They already have an awesome looking gasket for the bottom side, seen in Inmotion's teardown.  It seems strange that they used an awesome gasket between the metal box and shell (which a user will likely never need to remove), and then chose to use free flowing silicone sealant for the enclosure itself (which users actually need to open).  These applications seem reversed to me.

Edited by musk
  • Like 2

@musk agreed, the user serviceable sections should have reusable gaskets. And I really hope they add plugs in the "hallow bore" section as Ecco drift suggested to make tire changes much easier. 

I like to carve and you can hear the rubber coming off the tire when doing so. I go through tires ever 1k to maybe 1500 miles. When I was off work for covid riding every day that was a month at most and it was time for a new tire. 

• Like 1