WaveCut

On 7/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, Unventor said:

Inmotion in developmentInmotion in developmentInmotion in development

Any word on when these beauties will be available, and from where? I'm buying a set for my V8 first chance I get!

54 minutes ago, h3X said:

Any word on when these beauties will be available, and from where? I'm buying a set for my V8 first chance I get!

They were posted in telegram by Liam from Inmotion.  But it turns out the man behind the first design (Russian I believe, design called hextech or something like it) were not too happy about this. But Inmotion turned around to discuss if an agreement could be made between them and the designer. What transpired afterwards and what will happened is not posted by Inmotion yet. They did post a pin message that they have no interest in copying someone work. 

So we will see. As with many things,  hopefully time will tell. If you join on telegram you too can follow news as it happens. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jpd said:

This was the ride I did the other day on the v11, minus the long leg. It was a total of 24.9 miles

DE216CD7-6F63-4C15-9E26-65F83BC92648.png

Thanks for the results, I'm confused though - what did you mean by 'minus the long leg'? Are your results 35.4 like in the screenshot, or 24.9 like in your text?  Did you really go up 7000 feet and then back down 7000 feet?

Edited by Tryptych

1 hour ago, Tryptych said:

Thanks for the results, I'm confused though - what did you mean by 'minus the long leg'? Are your results 35.4 like in the screenshot, or 24.9 like in your text?  Did you really go up 7000 feet and then back down 7000 feet?

7000 ft over the whole ride, not all at once. 

C05790C5-BBB8-4640-8182-9789C0D3CCCC.jpeg

6 hours ago, Mariano Felipe said:

Those V11 black hexed pedals.  Can we have Ewheels install those before the wheel is shipped to us?  Or do we have to buy separate and install ourselves?

From what Inmotion said, it was just some testing sample to see the usefulness and community interest, but first they have to make a deal with inventor of these pedals. So don't hold your breath, if they are ever an official accessory, it's a long time away. I would like them as well. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stephen said:

Apparently Inmotion will be updating the app to unlock the extra range , so it's probably full ish  power down to go home mode which is the extra battery 

Not if you use the IOS apple version, Duf was able to unlock 55km/h on his iPhone, he didn't have to download any special version. 

7 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Not if you use the IOS apple version, Duf was able to unlock 55km/h on his iPhone, he didn't have to download any special version. 

There's hidden battery within the app,,not top speed ,,,range

here Ecodrift unpack and first look: https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/22/inmotion-v11-dolgozhdannaya-vstrecha/

I hope ecodrift.ru make soon disassembly pictures too. real weight is 28Kg not 27kg like documents say.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

here Ecodrift unpack and first look: https://ecodrift.ru/2020/07/22/inmotion-v11-dolgozhdannaya-vstrecha/

I hope ecodrift.ru make soon disassembly pictures too. real weight is 28Kg not 27kg like documents say.

I would expect a slight increase in weight due to changes in pedals, suspension rods and other minor things compared to launch announcement / presentation.

But I  look forward to see Ecodrifts opinion and their classic teardown pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

There's hidden battery within the app,,not top speed ,,,range

I believe this is controlled by main board, the app only displays it's version of what's empty battery, it should not prevent wheel from riding to what's empty battery for board.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

I believe this is controlled by main board, the app only displays it's version of what's empty battery, it should not prevent wheel from riding to what's empty battery for board.

There's a go home mode they save reserve battery so when it gets empty you have reserve battery hidden so i understand

Inmotion  quoted this

We will update the new app soon that can activate the backup battery soon

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 12:26 AM, Tryptych said:

On 7/22/2020 at 1:44 AM, Jpd said:

7000 ft over the whole ride, not all at once. 

C05790C5-BBB8-4640-8182-9789C0D3CCCC.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

Lol... /facepalm 

You didn't answer any of the questions. Neeevermind.

He answered all your questions lol,😊 it's all in the picture and reply👍

On 7/18/2020 at 3:35 PM, Senior Coffee said:

Received mine Thursday this past week.  Only had the chance to ride around the driveway until today.  Took it out for a ride this am.  Excellent wheel overall. 

During my first 5 miles the wheel cut out. It just shut off.  I was going up a hill that was 7.2 degrees of angle.  The wheel was fully charged when I left the house and I was only going about 7 mph up the hill.  It wasn't overheated since I had been riding fairly slowly while still getting used to it.  I checked immediately after the incident and the temp read 40 degrees Celsius on the app.  I weigh 220 lb with all of my protective gear on.

If anybody else has had this happen and has any idea what it may be please let me know. I did not have a chance to react to the fall so I fell quite hard. Usually I can roll myself out of it but I didn't even see this coming.  I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Edit:  Next day.  Can't ride, shoulder is too jacked up.  Didn't break any bones that I can tell but a lot of pain still.  Not really sure how to contact Inmotion but I've already sent an email to Jason at ewheels.  I also am not going to ride the wheel again until I get some type of info.  We'll see what happens next.

IMG_20200719_062437.jpg

IMG_20200719_064654.jpg

IMG_20200719_064642.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-062607.jpg

I'm currently in discussions with Jason from e wheels. We are working to get to an answer.  One thing I noticed today when I turned it on was that after only 7.4 miles total on the wheel, there's 64% battery left.  I will include a screenshot.  36% battery in 7.4 miles.  Some very crude math tells me I might make 17 maybe 18 miles out of a charge.  My V10 under the same conditions riding weight and terrain would go 32 miles.  And under similar conditions my Z10 will go about 40 miles.  It all just doesn't add up to me.

It seems like an excessive amount of power being used even for my weight, riding style and terrain.  Here are the conditions from that day.  My riding weight that day was 215 pounds with all my gear on.  Except for riding up that hill it was all flat and most of the speeds were 15mph or less.  I rode on both the parking lots and the track at the middle school.  The hill is literally right next to the school.  The hill was 7.4 degrees of grade and I was going 8 miles per hour or less up the hill.  I was riding very easy on the wheel that day because it was the first time I had ever ridden it.  The battery was completely charged when I left the house and at the time of the incident I had approximately 6. 4 miles on the wheel total.  It's a mile back to my house so that's where the total of 7.4 miles comes from.  Except for turning it on in the garage, I have not ridden it since last Saturday.  

Screenshot_20200723-063705.png

Edited by Senior Coffee
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Senior Coffee said:

I'm currently in discussions with Jason from e wheels. We are working to get to an answer.  One thing I noticed today when I turned it on was that after only 7.4 miles total on the wheel, there's 64% battery left.  I will include a screenshot. 

It seems like an excessive amount of power being used even for my weight, riding style and terrain.  I had an inmotion V10 just a couple months ago and it had much better range ability under the same conditions.  I was taking it very easy.  Most of that mileage was at the local Middle School which is all flat.  The wheel has a total of 7.4 miles on it.  Except for turning it on in the garage, I have not ridden it since last Saturday.

Screenshot_20200723-063705.png

I understand it as they (inmotion) have a 0% battery at 68volts and then you can activate the go home function that makes it possible to go down to 63volts. 

Other other hand it could be a sign of a bad battery/cell/bms issue. But I am not an expert on these things, and since I have not yet received my V11 I can't confirm this with go home mode how it works. Inmotion sad they will share a new Speed trotting graph soon and this might show it better how they do this.

1 hour ago, Senior Coffee said:

I'm currently in discussions with Jason from e wheels. We are working to get to an answer.  One thing I noticed today when I turned it on was that after only 7.4 miles total on the wheel, there's 64% battery left

Sounds like you found the culprit. Could be that only one of the batteries are connected or something else fishy with them. Are you shipping the wheel for inspection? I don’t know how they would discover the problem without access to the wheel. 

• Like 3