WaveCut

19 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Actually the production version of the V11 was upgraded to a shock which has a separately adjustable negative pressure chamber, while the S18 was downgraded to a shock which no longer has one.

Negative pressure and rebound adjustment aren't the same. The new shock on the V11 are probably more supple and responsive than the preproduction ones for sure, but they don't have adjustable rebound damping. I think the bigger difference for pogo jumps on the V11 is the lack of pads to grab onto, along with the fact that the majority of the mass is not sprung, so it won't help you as much to get up in the air. 

The S18's new shock is not a downgrade, but rather the manufacturer's new model to replace a discontinued one, though King Song did buy as much as they could of the old model. The new one has an automatically adjusted internal negative chamber. Last I heard, Kuji claimed the new shock performed very similarly. King Song was in talks with DNM to restart production of the previous model, too.

Edited by redfoxdude

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

The latest I heard is that due to community pressure, KS was able to persuade DNB into continuing to manufacture the dual valve S18 shock after all.

@mrelwood is correct in his statement regarding the dual valve DNB shock fitment on production S18's.  King Song did indeed secure an initial batch of 700 dual valve units IIRC, in order to begin final production and a recently released King Song video also outlined initial set up of both chambers/preload adjustment!

110210442_2672785546277741_5679115995184

13 minutes ago, fbhb said:

@mrelwood is correct in his statement regarding the dual valve DNB shock fitment on production S18's.  King Song did indeed secure an initial batch of 700 dual valve units IIRC, in order to begin final production and a recently released King Song video also outlined initial set up of both chambers/preload adjustment!

110210442_2672785546277741_5679115995184

Have to say, the adjustment of the S18 suspension seems just as awkward to adjust as the V18, even more for the negative chamber, IMO.

Heard you have to stand on it or put some weight, in order to get to that negative chamber valve.

8 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Have to say, the adjustment of the S18 suspension seems just as awkward to adjust as the V18, even more for the negative chamber, IMO.

Heard you have to stand on it or put some weight, in order to get to that negative chamber valve.

It's the positive chamber valve at the top that's a bit annoying. It can be accessed through the holes in the sides so you don't need to put weight on it, but apparently they are including a little block that you wedge into the suspension above the pedals to keep the system compressed while you pump up the positive chamber, too. I imagine you only need to do that when you are pumping up the chambers from empty, but the holes in the sides may work fine otherwise. It doesn't look like too huge a deal. I think for all these suspension wheels, the real challenge is going to be fiddling with the PSI to get the feel one prefers, but I'm a tinkerer, so that sounds fun to me. =]

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

The top valve can be easily accessed through the cut out on the side, through the left rear side pad!  This earlier video by King Song (using a different method to the most recent one, just released) shows how to access the positive chamber through the hole at top the rear section of the wheel!

Edited by fbhb

4 hours ago, Łukasz said:

USB power is only when the wheel is on or is it powered all the time?

Should be only when it is on. Safer that way.

6 hours ago, fbhb said:

The top valve can be easily accessed through the cut out on the side, through the left rear side pad!  This earlier video by King Song (using a different method to the most recent one, just released) shows how to access the positive chamber through the hole at top the rear section of the wheel!

250 bar??!! Deffo should be PSI lol...

50 minutes ago, Jpd said:

This was the ride I did the other day on the v11, minus the long leg. It was a total of 24.9 miles, I was fully geared up and had a 20lb backpack on (need to find a way to carry less) . Started at 100 and ended the ride with 50%.  
I have done this same ride on the 84v 1600 wh Nikola with about the same results.

DE216CD7-6F63-4C15-9E26-65F83BC92648.png

Wow. So potentially a 60 mile wheel? Not bad! 

8 hours ago, Łukasz said:

Hi.
USB power is only when the wheel is on or is it powered all the time?2020-07-21_082106.png

Now I don't k ow this yet as I can't test it. But I expect it works only when turned on or connected to a charger with power from wall socket.

I think you could turn on the V10f and press cutoff button lay the wheel on the side and it could work as BT speaker with motor disengaged. I could see something similar for USB port for V11.  It as I wrote I can't test it right now.

1 hour ago, Jpd said:

This was the ride I did the other day on the v11, minus the long leg. It was a total of 24.9 miles, I was fully geared up and had a 20lb backpack on (need to find a way to carry less) . Started at 100 and ended the ride with 50%.  
I have done this same ride on the 84v 1600 wh Nikola with about the same results.

DE216CD7-6F63-4C15-9E26-65F83BC92648.png

How much you weigh? What was the topography and how fast did you go?

Thanks!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Now I don't k ow this yet as I can't test it. But I expect it works only when turned on or connected to a charger with power from wall socket.

I think you could turn on the V10f and press cutoff button lay the wheel on the side and it could work as BT speaker with motor disengaged. I could see something similar for USB port for V11.  It as I wrote I can't test it right now.

If the USB voltage was still there, I could use it for GPS power and alarm. If the voltage is only after the wheel is turned on, I will have to combine it with an additional converter ;)

Best!
Luke

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duf said:

I was showing 24% and 70.4 volts at end of my range test

I am just about to sit an enjoy your ride on my 55" oled tv. This is how I have been viewing most of your V11 stuff.

I really appreciate the clips you have made. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

I am just about to sit an enjoy your ride on my 55" oled tv. This is how I have been viewing most of your V11 stuff.

Thanks buddy!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Łukasz said:

How much you weigh? What was the topography and how fast did you go?

Thanks!

With all my gear and backpack, around 210lbs. Topo see pic, and riding speed was 10mph average. There is quite a bit of regen happening on this ride as well. As you can see there is almost 7000ft of elevation gain on this ride,so actual distance may be  quite different from what I’m getting .

FEF9DA15-6311-4A29-B95A-FAF4A3668B6E.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

Wow. So potentially a 60 mile wheel? Not bad! 

I’m guessing more like 50. I’ll try to find a place to do a real range test.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Congrats. Oled is great. I'm writing you this on my 55" LG C9 Oled. I use it as a pc monitor.

The range on the V11 seems good. I would be happy just getting 40 miles from it though but 50-60 would be awesome.

Edited by VizioN-Scope
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jpd said:

I’m guessing more like 50. I’ll try to find a place to do a real range test.

I'm guessing more like 40 reasonable miles.

... but since weight, terrain, speed, and weather can really influence this, people have to find out what is typical for them. 

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 1