WaveCut

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm getting the wheel Sunday :) so we'll find out.

If it's anything like the V10F I doubt that it'll blow up, but it could overheat.

We are really looking forward to your video Marty. Nobody stress test EUC better than you 👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, musk said:

One thing I'd hope to improve is the strategy for water resistance between the two shell halves.  Currently they are "glued" at the factory, with what looks like a black silicone sealant.  I'd much prefer if this was some kind of reusable rubber gasket.  The existing method basically requires new silicone every time you reassemble to get a reliable seal.  They already have an awesome looking gasket for the bottom side, seen in Inmotion's teardown.  It seems strange that they used an awesome gasket between the metal box and shell (which a user will likely never need to remove), and then chose to use free flowing silicone sealant for the enclosure itself (which users actually need to open).  These applications seem reversed to me.

This was the weak spot in the first batch of the V10F. I think this silicone sealant is very good for water resistance, as long as they use a good sealant. I really don’t see many cases where users would need to take the two halves apart. Only case would be a damaged body that needs a rebuild. everything else is accessible without taking apart the enclosure.
I performed the upgrade to protect the battery from water on my first batch V10F two years ago (new battery case and applying better sealant between the two halves.) Not a difficult task compared to everything else. The V11 has even less reasons to open the enclosure as the batteries are located outside. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

This was the weak spot in the first batch of the V10F. I think this silicone sealant is very good for water resistance, as long as they use a good sealant. I really don’t see many cases where users would need to take the two halves apart. Only case would be a damaged body that needs a rebuild. everything else is accessible without taking apart the enclosure.
I performed the upgrade to protect the battery from water on my first batch V10F two years ago (new battery case and applying better sealant between the two halves.) Not a difficult task compared to everything else. The V11 has even less reasons to open the enclosure as the batteries are located outside. 

It appears that changing a tire on the V11 currently requires opening the box to disconnect motor wiring, but if they follow ecodrift's advice by adding additional connectors in the empty motor cavity, perhaps opening the box could be avoided.

• Like 2

Ohh and I forgot to mention @Marty Backe the V11 has the mandatory 3" wide tire so it can't be all dead to you. 

Let just home it doesn't activate automatic "go home"mode. :P

Just one thing the demo V11 has been improved from what @Dufs videos suggest. I have been playing his videos over and over, almost like hit songs on the radio....

• Like 2

22 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Taiwanese showing off. Lol 

Those pedals are so high... I hope it's only because he has too much negative pressure because I really don't want to be 9 inches from the floor when I'm riding...

Edited by Spinner
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, UniVehje said:

I would say he has too high pressure on the positive (bottom) side for his weight. There’s very little dampening after landing a jump. Usually you see much more movement. 

You're right I guess I confused negative and positive... Anyhow I hope that's the case. Inmotion said the pedals would be higher on the production model but this is way too high...

2 hours ago, Spinner said:

You're right I guess I confused negative and positive... Anyhow I hope that's the case. Inmotion said the pedals would be higher on the production model but this is way too high...

I believe you should be able to set your own pedal height by adjusting the top and bottom pressures on the shocks. adding pressure to either top or bottom should increase pressure to both if i am correct in my assumptions. 
you could technically remove pressure from the bottom and add to the top the move the pedal height down, your travel would decrease and tighten up as you added to the top. 
not sure the pressures the shock can take but there is a ton of ways to set it up with dual chambers now. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheBladeOfHades said:

I believe you should be able to set your own pedal height by adjusting the top and bottom pressures on the shocks. adding pressure to either top or bottom should increase pressure to both if i am correct in my assumptions. 
you could technically remove pressure from the bottom and add to the top the move the pedal height down, your travel would decrease and tighten up as you added to the top. 
not sure the pressures the shock can take but there is a ton of ways to set it up with dual chambers now. 

I think if you have lower in top it rudeces the rebound quickness and the bottom ,,, the lower the pressure the more sag you have

6 minutes ago, Waverider216 said:

Has anyone done a lift off speed check at 100% battery?  I know Duf did one at 69%.

Lift cut off speed is directly proportional to battery speed.

Wheels reported Charge % is not directly proportional to battery - imho/afaik 0% at 3.15V*24 and 100% at ~4.16V*24.

55 minutes ago, stephen said:

I think if you have lower in top it rudeces the rebound quickness and the bottom ,,, the lower the pressure the more sag you have

Yes, under lower pressures it would perform as you describe, but once the pressures go up volume of air must be taken into account. 

Edited by TheBladeOfHades

1 minute ago, TheBladeOfHades said:

Yes, under lower pressures it would perform as you describe, but once the pressures go up volume of air must be taken into account. 

Depending on the volume of each half of the shock cylinder, the pressure and volume you put into the top and bottom chamber will drastically change your ride in my opinion. 
this is just speculation, as I have not seen the shock internals at this time. 

19 hours ago, musk said:

It appears that changing a tire on the V11 currently requires opening the box to disconnect motor wiring, but if they follow ecodrift's advice by adding additional connectors in the empty motor cavity, perhaps opening the box could be avoided.

My V8 has stripped screw holes around the mainboard enclosure due to tire changes, so I too really hope they add connectors external to the mainboard enclosure!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, musk said:

Honestly surprised that this issue about changing tyres are only coming up now. Considering the number of users here always talk about tyre. 

But at least there seems to be a relatively simple modification to make changing "easy". 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that guy must weight 80-pounds. Doesn't look like the shocks were even moving :lol:

I noticed that as well. You may be overestimating his bodyweight. 

50154889082_58425d7d48_b.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Maybe he just didn't look at the weight guide and just pumped the shock to like 150psi, Duf style?  :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I feel he has both pressures up high, there is not float up or down in the shock. 
Seeing all the different v11 videos, and how the shock has reacted to each rider gives me confidence in my earlier assumptions on pressure and volume. 
it will take time to truly dial in the v11 shocks. I still have concerns for those who are going to pump up the v11 willie nillie. 
a shock on each side will make balancing the two difficult without putting too much torque on the saddle (this might have contributed to stress cracks in the saddle)

volume vs pressure vs side. 
a process to pump your own shocks from 0 psi will be important to each new v11 owner. To do it correctly I believe it will be an involving process of adding portions of air to each chamber to keep the pedals even on the wheel while also trying to set your personal pedal height preference. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBladeOfHades said:

volume vs pressure vs side. 
a process to pump your own shocks from 0 psi will be important to each new v11 owner. To do it correctly I believe it will be an involving process of adding portions of air to each chamber to keep the pedals even on the wheel while also trying to set your personal pedal height preference. 

Does the V11 come with a level and tape measure? ;) I hope my S18 involves.less fine tuning.

It will be interesting to see the air pressure/ pedal height charts for individual body weight and road conditions introduced over the coming weeks.