WaveCut

5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Nope but it has a hidden Easter egg feature.

A secret scale. :ph34r:

If your pedals are not 2 feet if the ground then you need to loose weight. :w00t2:

Funny! :) So when is your V11’s ETA? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheBladeOfHades said:

I feel he has both pressures up high, there is not float up or down in the shock. 
Seeing all the different v11 videos, and how the shock has reacted to each rider gives me confidence in my earlier assumptions on pressure and volume. 
it will take time to truly dial in the v11 shocks. I still have concerns for those who are going to pump up the v11 willie nillie. 
a shock on each side will make balancing the two difficult without putting too much torque on the saddle (this might have contributed to stress cracks in the saddle)

volume vs pressure vs side. 
a process to pump your own shocks from 0 psi will be important to each new v11 owner. To do it correctly I believe it will be an involving process of adding portions of air to each chamber to keep the pedals even on the wheel while also trying to set your personal pedal height preference. 

That does raise an interesting question.  Will uneven pressure in the shocks lead to some sort of stress.  The pedals are not independent.  Landing on them with unequal pressure has to have some effect. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Funny! :) So when is your V11’s ETA? 

It ships out on Thursday then expecting 3 days for EU custom clearing. Then UPS takes over and do the last stint. So 10 days -/+ from Thursday. 

So despite delay I should have it for about a week of my 3 weeks vacation. And it will be 2nd batch. 

Note: I saw @mrelwood posting similar shipping time to him on telegram. So @mrelwood the race is one.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

As long as it's close it should be fine. I know that motorcycle forks are a lot beefier but many bikes have used Showa's separate function fork with the spring in one leg and the dampening in the other with good results.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It ships out on Thursday then expecting 3 days for EU custom clearing. Then UPS takes over and do the last stint. So 10 days -/+ from Thursday. 

Fingers crossed! 

37 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So despite delay I should have it for about a week of my 3 weeks vacation. 

Fingers crossed again! If I remember correctly didn’t this same scenario happen once before? 

59 minutes ago, Flying W said:

As long as it's close it should be fine. I know that motorcycle forks are a lot beefier but many bikes have used Showa's separate function fork with the spring in one leg and the dampening in the other with good results.

In a bike fork they are joined top and bottom so pressure cannot be applied unequally, they work as a team to provide dampening. On the v11 the saddle is the only joining part. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheBladeOfHades said:

In a bike fork they are joined top and bottom so pressure cannot be applied unequally, they work as a team to provide dampening. On the v11 the saddle is the only joining part. 

Isn’t the rigid handle the one to join and link the sides? The sides never travel separately, so in that sense the V11 suspension works just like a bike fork.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying W said:

Weren't those forks an experiment that was dropped after a few years as most riders didn't like them? I'd read that they were too complicated for an average rider to set up and difficult to keep adjusted.

2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Weren't those forks an experiment that was dropped after a few years as most riders didn't like them? I'd read that they were too complicated for an average rider to set up and difficult to keep adjusted.

Sound perfect. V11 riders aren't average. :roflmao:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Fingers crossed again! If I remember correctly didn’t this same scenario happen once before? 

Yes and no...

I were told it was ready to ship out, but extra charger and V10f spare parts didn't fit in the V11 box and I suspect they decided to shop it to someone else. And then using one from next production roll rather having it sitting and waiting as it did make it for booking for shipping. It seems they make shipments every Thursday. 

But now I got a UPS tracking number. And the other spare part is shipped in a separate parcel. 

You will see I posted about this a few post earlier. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

They were actually easier to adjust due to have comp and Reb on only one leg and preload on the other. They were lighter too but the fork oil did have to be changed more often. 

I don't think there will be a pressure difference that high on the V11 unless a mistake was made. :cheers:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flying W said:

They were actually easier to adjust due to have comp and Reb on only one leg and preload on the other. They were lighter too but the fork oil did have to be changed more often.

I was just curious cause I'd never heard of technology but that was probably because it's aimed at motocross. I just read a couple of reviews to find out more. Motocross Action had a review of them and said "PSF and TAC air forks were too complicated for the average rider to adjust and too hard to keep in the sweet spot once properly adjusted. Consumers hated having to check multiple air valves every time they rode—and they revolted". Other reviews said similar things like "The Showa SFF-AIR TAC fork is finicky and doesn’t really feel the same throughout the day" or "I also found the Showa spring-cartridge fork, while being a massive improvement over the SFF-Air TAC, to be a little too soft and the shock a little too hard". Maybe the suspension was good when new but then degraded quickly with age? Either way, Showa only put this suspension on a couple of bikes and then stopped using the technology.

5 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I was just curious cause I'd never heard of technology but that was probably because it's aimed at motocross. I just read a couple of reviews to find out more. Motocross Action had a review of them and said "PSF and TAC air forks were too complicated for the average rider to adjust and too hard to keep in the sweet spot once properly adjusted. Consumers hated having to check multiple air valves every time they rode—and they revolted". Other reviews said similar things like "The Showa SFF-AIR TAC fork is finicky and doesn’t really feel the same throughout the day" or "I also found the Showa spring-cartridge fork, while being a massive improvement over the SFF-Air TAC, to be a little too soft and the shock a little too hard". Maybe the suspension was good when new but then degraded quickly with age? Either way, Showa only put this suspension on a couple of bikes and then stopped using the technology.

They were more sensitive to adjustment but on an mx bike there is always adjustment happening based on conditions. All I was getting at is that I don't think a small different in air pressure would be detectable in feel on the V11. If I put say 120psi in each leg the small loss when removing the pump valve shouldn't have the pressure difference being large enough to notice when riding.

My mnt bike has a Lefty front end, only one fork leg, and that is noticable when riding with no hands, but it works really well. 

I do like to set things up for my weight and riding habits though so I welcome adjustability on bikes. I have many friends who will just ride em as they come weather dirt or street, not even setting the sag up. Speaking of sag, is there any recommendations on sag for the V11 yet? 

is anyone else’s charger doing this? It didn’t sound like this when I first got it. It’s also charging quite a bit slower than before.

Just now, RagingGrandpa said:

Which wheel is that for? (Wrong thread?)

Looks like the V11.  The charger is on top of the foot pedal, is my guess, because of the orange accent on the side.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EvoKnvl said:

Looks like the V11.  The charger is on top of the foot pedal, is my guess, because of the orange accent on the side.

Sorry, it’s the V11

On 7/16/2020 at 8:42 PM, stephen said:

Anyone bought from speedyfeet here's the pre-order update

Screenshot-20200716-204053-com-android-c

Well i thought speedyfeet customers would be receiving first batch by end of July , now speedyfeets added  this info at the end , so now leaving Inmotion end of july now all the preorders are sold🤔

Screenshot-20200727-225618-com-android-c

3 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

Were you testing the preproduction version of each wheel?

Yes, I've been told the V11 demo version didn't have the negative chamber valve at the top which was added for production. However, apparently that doesn't make that big of a difference, I'm told. 

• Like 1