WaveCut

19 minutes ago, Senior Coffee said:

One of the first things I checked when it happened was the temperature of the wheel. According to the app it was 40° Celsius.  The hill was 7.4 degrees angle of slope.  This was literally the first ride and I was in the first 5 miles on the wheel.  I had been taking it easy on the wheel before the incident because I was still getting used to it.  I was only going about 7 miles per hour up that hill.  For the people that are wondering I do wear all of my gear every ride. If it wasn't for wearing the gear I would have been hurt a lot worse.

The thought might be how bad can you be hurt going 7 miles per hour.  It was literally completely unexpected and almost a flat face plant. I had just enough time to roll to the side and my shoulder took most of the fall.  I will be practicing my rolls so that it becomes second nature and I'll be able to react faster if it ever happens again.

IMG_20200719_064642.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-062607.png

You reported the problem to Inmotion? Has Inmotion somehow responded to this accident?

7 hours ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

Maybe bad battery balancing?   Does the battery show 100% after taking it off the charger?

Yeah it was fully charged before I left the house.  I had charged it overnight and it showed 100%.  At the time of the incident I had approx. 89% battery.

Edited by Senior Coffee
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sergey said:

IMG_20200719_064642.jpg

@Senior Coffee The glass on the light is broken?

Glass isn't broken, that's a reflection off something in the garage.  I was able to ride the wheel home which is approx. a mile.  Encountered another hill that was as steep or steeper and no incident.  I literally have no idea what caused the shut off.

• Like 2

Could it be over charging where the battery voltage goes over the limit if left on the charger a long time.  This occured on my onewheel where the danger was if the wheel regenerated energy beyond it's set limit it would cut out.

Also, I noticed the EUC World app beeps at me and repeatedly says over charge (or something to that effect) when I leave the V8 on the charger too long.  I take it really easy till that warning goes away and the battery(bms) settles.  

I realize you were going up Hill so this is not a perfect scenario yet you did explain you had theV11 charging overnight and just had it out for a bit.

Were you running EUC world app by chance?

Edited by Sentient
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flying W said:

I'd like to see the easy way as well

That take down video was nice but that’s not even close to the procedure you would use to remove the tire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sentient said:

Could it be over charging where the battery voltage goes over the limit if left on the charger a long time.  This occured on my onewheel where the danger was if the wheel regenerated energy beyond it's set limit it would cut out.

Also, I noticed the EUC World app beeps at me and repeatedly says over charge (or something to that effect) when I leave the V8 on the charger too long.  I take it really easy till that warning goes away and the battery(bms) settles.  

I realize you were going up Hill so this is not a perfect scenario yet you did explain you had theV11 charging overnight and just had it out for a bit.

Were you running EUC world app by chance?

I used to have some onewheels and I did run into the regen warning going downhill with those. The battery percentage was right around 89% at the time of the incident.  I was not using the EUC world app at the time.

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

The trust issues is the worst. 

Yeah. When that happened with me on my beginner EUC, couldn't ride confidently for ages. Even know on my new V10F which I've done close to 700km with no incidents, I still can't fully trust it. 

Guess it's better to have the mentality where you are ready to fall, then the mentality of being complacent. 

Hope your shoulder gets mended well and that we find out the different problems of these 1st batch wheels. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jpd said:

I just purchased some video equipment, hopefully I can figure out how to use it😁. I didn’t expect my EUC hobby to turn into a video hobby as well. I guess one expensive thing leads to another 

True true Which is also what led me to buy the iPad Pro to edit all the videos. Haha

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, evX_Mick said:

People thought I was lying in my review lol. Now everyone will see how dope this product is. not sexy or exciting, but very LEGIT!

i never doubted you. People get butthurt if it doesn’t jibe with their confirmation bias. Nothing is wrong with a 35-40 mile >31 mph wheel that isn’t Gotway. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, VizioN-Scope said:

The result of the partial range test, still show numbers based upon the pre-production model.
I think his IOS app isn't calibrated? or updated? He did say that in the IOS app, he can put the speed up to 55km/h which is unusual as inmotion said that it will only be possible via a different version for EUC forum enthusiast.
He didn't download anything special except what was on the ios app market. (correct me if im wrong) .

commenter on the video said:

"70.4 volts should be 36%, looks like they still see 68 volts as 0% which is insane"

What is the typical voltage that is considered 0%?

3 hours ago, prasket said:

Here is the video I mentioned. I need to work on my entry level editing skills, but hopefully some enjoy this.

Oh as you will see I forgot to close the charging port, looks like a little face. :)  Maybe I should learn how to add a little funny animated face onto the video, ha. 

dont drop acid before watching this. It won't go well for you haha

4 hours ago, prasket said:

Here is the video I mentioned. I need to work on my entry level editing skills, but hopefully some enjoy this.

Oh as you will see I forgot to close the charging port, looks like a little face. :)  Maybe I should learn how to add a little funny animated face onto the video, ha. 

Great video. Much appreciated! Keep em coming. Future V11 owners are clamoring for this stuff:))

Soon I will be riding this beast too but until then it's this forum and videos that keep me going lol.

• Like 2