WaveCut

23 minutes ago, Sergey said:

Just some thoughts after disassembly video if inmo:

- looks like the suspension has Suntour Dual Air cartridge or similar https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/sr-suntour-rc-cartridge/136823876/p

- there is an idea to modify the suspension by the way of change one of Dual Air cartridge to the cartridge with damper and lockout like that https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/sr-suntour-lock-out-cartridge/136823852/p

New modified suspension will allow us to set rebound, therefore suspension will be in some case similar to s18.

Could you pls send us the measures of the cartridge, which used in v11? 

Tbh the shock seems relatively easy to change if needed , i wonder what different shocks would actually fit the V11 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

I experienced zero gyro effect on this wheel,

Interesting 🧐. And looks like it had the same production tire that was just reported to have a strong gyro feel. 

41 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

It's like a wheel caught between worlds and not fully suited for either.

The fact that it comes with a very slippery slick street tire hammers this point even further. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergey said:

Just some thoughts after disassembly video if inmo:

- looks like the suspension has Suntour Dual Air cartridge or similar https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/sr-suntour-rc-cartridge/136823876/p

- there is an idea to modify the suspension by the way of change one of Dual Air cartridge to the cartridge with damper and lockout like that https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/sr-suntour-lock-out-cartridge/136823852/p

New modified suspension will allow us to set rebound, therefore suspension will be in some case similar to s18.

Could you pls send us the measures of the cartridge, which used in v11? 

If this is possible, it'll be mind-blowing!

One of the advantage of the S18 was supposed to be the negative chamber and ability to swap out the shock for a different brand.

We knocked out one con already with the Negative chamber, but being able to use third party parts to further customise the shock, there really isn't any cons to the V11 suspension. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

isn't it just a standard shraeder valve?  You could get those from any gas station or for free next to the air pumps at said gas stations. :)

The cover like a large red hexagon cap, that covers the bottom of the shock. 

I guess you can put a standard tyre valve cover (the black nub) on it and it'll do the job, but won't look so good as the one that came with it.

Thank for great write up of an demo report @AtlasP. And thank for spending to to test out these wheels. Now the production version of V11 has changed, but only to the better as I understand it. 

You report is long but I really think it works in its favour. 

I also can just say this and DUF new production model video, makes me even more stoked to get my V11. It is supposed to ship out on Monday. (I have a few extras, spare parts, that needs to go into the box).

I have been exited about other wheels too but not to this degree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Today I was extremely fortunate (along with my g/f) to meet up with both Jimmy Chang and Chooch in order to try both the prototype versions of the V11 and S18. And not just 'try' them, but I logged at least 60-75 minutes on the V11 and at least 30-45 minutes on the S18 over a three and a half hour window.

Awesome review @AtlasP. Very informative and well written. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you.

I have one question for you though, I see you own a 100v Nikola+. @evX_Mick also owns a 100v Nikola+ and he said at the end of his review that he found the V11 "boring" and he needed something more "exciting". (I'm assuming he meant the V11 was boring compared to his Nikola+ in terms of speed and overall ride feeling)

So my question to you is: since you also have tried both wheels, what is your opinion on the V11, do you find it any less exciting then your Nikola+?.

Edited by VizioN-Scope
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

Looking at that teardown video, if the assembly line workers are using those screwdrivers with the torque a bit too high its no wonder screws into plastic are stripped

well, at least the screws are stripping and not the internal threads on the plastic.
I always cringe when assembly use high torque tools on plastic components that use machine screws at the fixture points without metal tapped inserts. 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

well, at least the screws are stripping and not the internal threads on the plastic.
I always cringe when assembly use high torque tools on plastic components that use machine screws at the fixture points without metal tapped inserts. 

Yea I totally agree. They only need to use a small $30 electric screwdriver for that job. A High torque screwdriver is too much for plastic to handle, and I'm sure this is the reason why that 1st batch V11 owner had his screws fall out from the broken plastic under the saddle. The plastic cracked from high pressure when they assembled it in China.

Edited by VizioN-Scope
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Interesting 🧐. And looks like it had the same production tire that was just reported to have a strong gyro feel. 

The fact that it comes with a very slippery slick street tire hammers this point even further. 

The only 2 wheels Ive owned that had the gyro feeling was the 16 X and Z10. That feeling to me is that the wheel always wants to be centered and you literally have to push hard with your right leg to make it go left and push hard with your left leg to make it go right. Also that feeling to me is the wheel corrects itself with cracks on the ground or rocks. This is a very weird and uncomfortable feeling. The feeling of correction on uneven/ cracked pavement is really prominent on the Z 10. Especially when the air pressure is high in the tire. The V11 feels almost identical to me as the 16X with the stock tire I got it with. It wants to stay upright and you have to push hard left and right to get it to turn. My Nix+, 18XL, 16S, MSP (sold) and now my 16X with the H-5167 tire feel nothing like that. To turn these wheels you simply lean and they move. Very smooth. I don’t know why Atlas doesn’t have the same feeling. I agree with him that the V 11 is remarkably solid and feels very stable. I also think it’s the best built wheel I have ever owned. I am just going to change the tire as soon as I can to the same one I have on my Nik+ and 16x. Hope I can get a video of someone changing the tire on the V11 very soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Thanks. :)

This all comes down to your context as a rider, which is why I provided it in my write-up, including things like "I'm 5'9" & ~150 lbs" and "I'm 100% an urban street rider normally riding in the upper 20s mph in the city... Conversely I don't really care about off-roading or jumping", etc. If someone has a radically different body type to me they might have very different ergonomic experiences, or if someone has a radically different riding style or riding environment (like off-roading) they likely have very different preferences.

If someone wants/'needs' 100v speeds they should/'need to' get a 100v wheel; and to such a person anything less might be boring by comparison. For me I hit my ceiling/plateau in the upper 20s mph/never-quite 30 mph, and so 100v speeds are simply worthless to me. (I have the 100v Nikola+ only because I was attempting to over-buy/future proof my then next wheel purchase, which turned out to be overkill, as well as because I wanted a wider safety margin between my riding speeds and the wheel's capabilities because I have less confidence/trust in the Gotway brand.)

Meanwhile I value ride quality and production values way more, and so the prospect of significant improvements in those areas is much more valuable and thus more exciting to me. Ultimately I think the V11 is the best 84v cruiser ever created, and I'm more excited for it than I have been for any other wheel this generation or last generation (including my Nik+), and doubly-so after riding it.

Okay understand thx. I'm super excited to get my V11 too. It seems like the perfect wheel.  I'll get mine in August. can't wait :lol:

9 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

What do we mean with gyro effect exactly?

Have you ever ridden a Z 10? Or the 16 X with the original stock tire it came with in the first batch?

10 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

What do we mean with gyro effect exactly?

To me a gyro effect feeling is when you get the wheel gets past about 5-8 MPH it starts to want to stay upright and fights against your leaning it to the left to the right. You still can turn it obviously but it’s a different type of effort then other/normal wheels/ tires. 

3 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

To me a gyro effect feeling is when you get the wheel gets past about 5-8 MPH it starts to want to stay upright and fights against your leaning it to the left to the right. You still can turn it obviously but it’s a different type of effort then other/normal wheels/ tires. 

I see! No, only ever rode my V8...

21 hours ago, prasket said:

It is an odd shaped screw with some metal before the threads. I wonder if I one that is all threads would be OK for now until I can get the official ones sent to me. I could at least check top shock on other side if I did this. :D

6EFCBADE-4D4B-4217-9262-8D37426DE9E0.jpeg

I might take one of these screws with me to Home Depot this weekend to see what I can come up with.

17 hours ago, AtlasP said:
  • Super curious about the new negative air chamber adjust. In Duf's latest unboxing video he says you should be able to inflate/adjust it without needing to remove the saddle (just need the right extender/hose).
  • Looks like the overzealous glue-gun guy at GW has a cousin with a new job at IM: introducing overzealous screw-gun guy! *smacks forehead* Easy enough to resolve, let's just hope to see it resolved *now* and not just *eventually*. This is why I'm ordering second or third batch.
  • That video of them spraying the V11 with a hose is *awesome*.
  • Anyone know how the little side plate with the InMotion name is attached and if easily removable/swapable? Assuming they stick with the latest color scheme (blacked-out pedals with orange side plate), I'd definitely be down to trade my later batch orange side plate for a silver one from batch 1--although it'd likely have to be several months from now.
  • On the lack of music speakers, remember that InMotion has said they're working on several add-on accessories for the V11, including music speakers and side lights. (For those that are into those kinds of things.) Super curious to see their approach for official add-ons, but overall I like that kind of direction. (Cheaper/simpler base unit with superfluous features as add-ons.) I'm only a little surprised that it would be profitable for them to bother with accessories for such a niche device category.
  • On the suspension rail caps, I imagine someone will be 3d printing them within a week and you should be able to buy them online shortly thereafter.

You can not fill without removing the four saddle bolts up top, that allows you to push them to the side enough to get access to the valve to fill it.

• Like 2