WaveCut

If a rider decoupled the left & right suspensions so that each foot moved independently, would there be any case where it would be a positive?

Edited by musk

5 minutes ago, musk said:

If a rider decoupled the left & right suspensions so that each foot moved independently, would there be any case where it would be a positive?

The “saddle” moves as one piece. So feet would not move independently. That scenario would probably just be working worse. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, musk said:

Hmm, I imagine it could reduce the rider's authority over the wheel, since a lot of maneuvering involves shifting weight to one side, and independent suspensions would likely dampen such inputs to the wheel. I'm not sure I can think of any particularly compelling reasons we would want to decouple the left and right suspensions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, musk said:

If you twist this around...

If you did this what would you hope to achieve with it?

Bare in mind you only have one contact point with the ground, a small patch of tire. 

• Like 2

Just now, Unventor said:

Bare in mind you only have one contact point with the ground, a small patch of tire. 

Yes, I was thinking this exactly - we only have one contact point, and the forces we are trying to dampen are only coming through that one point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

The “saddle” moves as one piece. So feet would not move independently. That scenario would probably just be working worse. 

I'm looking at how the aluminum bar of each side's suspension is bolted into a shared bracket underneath the saddle top.  I think if those bolts were removed, each foot would move independently.

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

If you twist this around...

If you did this what would you hope to achieve with it?

The only thing I could come up with is on turns.  In a hard turn, would it be possible to apply more body weight to the outside foot for some unknown advantage (like less pedal scrape on the inside foot, for example).  I think it would be possible to do this.  It would be akin to riding single-footed in corners.

2 hours ago, VizioN-Scope said:

My pleasure. Take a look at this V11 unboxing video. It shows u more of the pump. 

I feel like he’s trying to stop the transmission of a virus through the camera to the viewer.  lol. 

On 7/14/2020 at 4:00 AM, Inmotion Global said:

BDFBCA26-6CCD-4EF8-BD35-6AAAB6A2F71E.jpeg

On 7/14/2020 at 4:00 AM, Inmotion Global said:

Hi, do you have any idea that cause the problem? Can you share more detail to me? I will help  you solve the problem. Thanks. Liam from Inmotion

To get back to the most important topic: Liam why is this wheel falling apart on the first week????  What caused this? Should we cancel our pre-orders until this is fixed?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chaotropic said:

It looks like he’s working and is around people (assuming the cameraman is not a robot).  Following recommendations shouldn’t be criticized. Where I work safety is first. It’s clear osha (at least in the us) is playing a part in how we are to behave at work. 

Yawn. K

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FinRider said:

No need to over-react.. why does every little hickup have to be followed with a threat to cancel ones pre-order?

pedal height too high - cancel pre-order

negative chamber adjustment not disclosed - cancel pre-order

plastic piece and a couple of screws missing on 1 wheel - cancel pre-order

get a grip folks and trust the process.. first batch wheels will have challenges, you trusted your gut when you pre-ordered, dont chicken out now and dont threaten to do so. If you feel that is whats best for you, by all mean go ahead and cancel... but dont spread your panic here.

Happens with every new EUC lol. Before it comes out they all complain about various aspects of it and then when it does come out they all complain about various aspects of it. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, FinRider said:

No need to over-react

The plastic parts of the wheel are falling apart on the first week, that's a fair observation - not an overreaction.

If other wheels have the same problem then cancelling our orders is completely justified - not overreaction.

I am very concerned, and I am waiting for reports from others.

Edited by Tryptych

14 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

So we’ve had a drought in my area for quite some time. You couldn’t buy rain. Just got my V 11. Got the shocks all set up and the app ready to go, my gear on, to the entrance of my garage and then downpour. Whatever. Lol

Oooh bummer , is it there to stay ☹️☹️

What's your first impressions just looking at it in your garage😁

• Like 1