WaveCut

17 minutes ago, prasket said:

Per this post by Liam on inmotion telegram there are 4 total places you need to air up the shock on v11. Two of them only 50 psi and only every couple of months. Unless I am misreading the post. 

Oh wow, that sounds like negative chambers to me. Maybe a higher pressure up top will help make the ride even more supple. Or possibly allow a lower sag with higher positive chamber pressure. Interesting. It's odd that they never mentioned this before, and that they even said it isn't so!

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jpd said:

I’m going for a ride shortly

That one sentence, have made me proper envious like never before. Gaahh:rolleyes:

But funny how about the top “chamber" thing, we really need Liam to clarify. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Can’t wait to hear about it!

Can you share more about the charger and charging? Do you have alternative chargers? Also, are there any new ride settings in the app? Have you tested both comfort and classic modes?

Charging is pretty fast compared to what I’m used to with the standard chargers.

1F687040-D662-4205-A404-7A3CBF334C0A.jpeg

20741D4B-07BD-4919-A452-BC07FC7778E0.jpeg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jpd said:

Turns out you do need to put air in the negative chamber. One side was at zero and the at 35. They are now at 50 but honestly I feel no change in the suspension. FYI the negative valves are not accessible without removing the side panels.

how is the pedal height compared to the 16X? Did you find it wobbly and difficult to ride? 

2 hours ago, Jpd said:

Turns out you do need to put air in the negative chamber. One side was at zero and the at 35. They are now at 50 but honestly I feel no change in the suspension. FYI the negative valves are not accessible without removing the side panels.

So Liam said this

there are two valves but 4 places needs to be pumped. The top 2 places will only need maintenance once in two month or even longer. The suggested PSI is 50. If you pump more volume of air, then it will squeeze the suspension travel.

It should of been at 50 psi tbh or they could of at least mentioned that it needs doing out of the box

What does he mean by squeeze the suspension travel?

I'm going to fine tune mine soon as it comes 

Is it just the side panels need to come off and the saddle?

Thanks

Edited by stephen

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

What does he mean by squeeze the suspension travel?

If it's indeed a negative chamber, increasing the negative pressure will work (in addition to one's body weight) to compress the piston, reducing the maximum travel, due to more sag (lower resting pedal height for a given positive chamber pressure). Negative pressure also helps to make the first bit of compression more supple and sensitive.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

If it's indeed a negative chamber, increasing the negative pressure will work (in addition to one's body weight) to compress the piston, reducing the maximum travel, due to more sag (lower resting pedal height for a given positive chamber pressure). Negative pressure also helps to make the first bit of compression more supple and sensitive.

Strange that there's a chart on the pedal for weight and psi but on the top chamber (every 2 months or more just pump to 50psi) 🤔

Liam did say once that there's something in place so you can't bottom the suspension out , could it be anything to do with that?

7 hours ago, Coco66 said:

This thread is quickly becoming a panic thread... relax guys, up to now I don't think I read anybody who actually rode the V11 saying pedals are too high... am I wrong?

I agree. Seems like the pedals just look strange as they are so high but no negative effects so far. Usually the higher the better but they can also be too high. We don’t have many reports yet on the production height pedals, though. I was one of those expressing concern over the seemingly low pedals on the V11 and was happy they got raised. I thought maybe 2 cm would have been enough. But as long as the ride is still good, these extra high pedals should be good for off-roading. They definitely will need 100 km to get used to, though. 

• Like 1

Nice, I'm glad there are 4 valves, that opens the whole new level of adjustments.

But it's not that easy, it took me weeks before I figured out on my fork on my mtb bike. 

Some basics:

- negative chamber is smaller, it dictate how sus feels

- positive is more related to the weight of the rider

- more psi on negative= more plush feel, more sag, but you can't add air forever, there will be a moment when will be too much and you pedals will be sucked and hold by a air pressure, I definitely would go with more psi and check how it feels

- in theory psi on both should be the same, but it depends, negative is always way smaller so... I don't know what to think about their 50psi suggestion

- after weeks of fine tuning rach rider should came up with best settings for the city and off road

I hope we will create some advanced chart/graph for all V11 users.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kurt_hectic said:

I hope we will create some advanced chart/graph for all V11 users.

Let’s do that. I’m going to find out the most comfortable setting for long distance touring. It’ll probably be very different from optimal off-road setting. 

• Like 1

Somebody have user manual V11 please?

PDF or paper scan form?

Im curious if is V11 capable riders 130+Kg potentialy what is temperature limitations V11 in freezing condition etc.

Becasue i call oficial servis inmotion about overweight riders  on  V11 and technican tell me no many hope there are white plastic rings important for suspension travel what take heavy wear and tear in use.

He told me he think this plastic parts be crack under low temperature.

They expect many warranty repairs under 2 year period because how suspension is made. (all electronic here must have 24 month warranty in my country).

Actualy servis wait if wear and tear(suspension) be waranty repair or user pay model inmotion not answer yet. 

I ask about spare part prices and now what he knows  is parts very high priced (overpriced) he say is not final prices yet.

Sumarize me forgot/not recomended V11 if rider is 100Kg+ .

All what i write here is speculation based on one phone call with somebody who service EUC years. 

That is why i want read operational manual myself what inmotion mean V11 be used.

6 hours ago, stephen said:

Is it just the side panels need to come off and the saddle?

The side panels are the saddle, so just one piece. 

• Like 2

Wow, the miscommunication/lack of information from Inmotion about this seems surprising to me. Does the wheel feel majorly different now @Jpd? (and thanks for all the updates) If it does, that could mean that previous reviews would be out-dated since they might not have had the suspension properly setup.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jpd said:

Hehe I really love you just keep these coming for us mortals that are not in the hall of V11 fame ...yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Wilson said:

Wow, the miscommunication/lack of information from Inmotion about this seems surprising to me. Does the wheel feel majorly different now @Jpd? (and thanks for all the updates) If it does, that could mean that previous reviews would be out-dated since they might not have had the suspension properly setup.

I kinda think it is anyway due to the change to suspension travel and new pedal height. They are still kinda interesting to compare new wheels with for those riders that tested the pre-production version. But in the end it matters less to me as my wheel will never have the pedals set at pre-production levels anyway.

10 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I kinda think it is anyway due to the change to suspension travel and new pedal height. They are still kinda interesting to compare new wheels with for those riders that tested the pre-production version. But in the end it matters less to me as my wheel will never have the pedals set at pre-production levels anyway.

You have a point. But almost all the reviews and comparisons between the S18 and the V11 said the the V11 didn't handle the small bumps well and that the S18 felt better in this regard. This, as I understand it, is what the negative chamber does. It provides a supple and softer feel to the beginning of the stroke (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Seems like a big mistake by Inmotion to not tell reviewers how to properly setup the new flagship feature of the wheel.