WaveCut

40 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

But at this rate, can't really argue the point in comparison to the S18 quality issue. 

Well actually you can argue the point in comparison to the S18 quality issue!  All the issues seen so far with the S18 were on "Pre-production" versions of the wheel.  Final production is still ongoing, all the issues have been addressed so at this point in time no-one has reported back regarding a Final version S18. 

This is very disappointing coming from the very first New owner feedback of a Final version Inmotion V11, especially after hearing all the constant talk and high praise of Inmotion's unmatched build quality!

Another point that needs to be made, relates to the huge change in the pedal height which is most definitely going to completely change the way the V11 rides, handles and more importantly, brakes (read wobbles)!  Looking at the last video posted above with the higher pressure/higher pedal height, the original balanced stable handling that all the reviewers praised Inmotion for achieving, IMHO will now be very much compromised. 

It really does seem to ride too high now, with no way to separately adjust the pedal height unlike King Song, as they have incorporated adjustable pedal height positions on the S18 based on Kuji's feedback!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Well actually you can argue the point in comparison to the S18 quality issue!  All the issues seen so far with the S18 were on "Pre-production" versions of the wheel.  Final production is still ongoing, all the issues have been addressed so at this point in time no-one has reported back regarding a Final version S18. 

This is very disappointing coming from the very first New owner feedback of a Final version Inmotion V11, especially after hearing all the constant talk and high praise of Inmotion's unmatched build quality!

Another point that needs to be made, relates to the huge change in the pedal height which is most definitely going to completely change the way the V11 rides, handles and more importantly, brakes (read wobbles)!  Looking at the last video posted above with the higher pressure/higher pedal height, the original balanced stable handling that all the reviewers praised Inmotion for achieving, IMHO will now be very much compromised. 

It really does seem to ride too high now, with no way to separately adjust the pedal height unlike King Song, as they have incorporated adjustable pedal height positions on the S18 based on Kuji's feedback!

Just run a lower suspension pressure.  Sounds like user error regarding the pedal height.  The cracked plastic is concerning though

• Like 1

Wow, what a difference in pedal height! I'm curious if it still has comparable stability to the preproduction units. The skinny design looks comfy for people with short legs like me, though!

That's wild how thin those parts are for the retaining screws at the top of the "saddle"... If those fully gave way, I wonder if one might have issues with the saddle flexing around when pressure is applied. These aren't purely cosmetic panels. 😕

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

Just run a lower suspension pressure.  Sounds like user error regarding the pedal height.  The cracked plastic is concerning though

No way that's user error, he  @Jpd was only showing us what it looked like anyway @Duf rode his at 150 and was nowhere near as high

I think the riding style will of changed dramatically with the high center of gravity . Your feet are at the centre of the motor, 

This is high

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, stephen said:

No way that's user error, he  @Jpd was only showing us what it looked like anyway @Duf rode his at 150 and was nowhere near as high

I think the riding style will of changed dramatically with the high center of gravity . Your feet are at the centre of the motor, 

This is high

That's precisely my point, the recommended suspension pressures may have changed from the preprod to the final version.  

• Like 1

Not sure I am going to follow through on my first batch order based on the report of the failing plastic components. Maybe first generation suspension is nice to watch from the  stands while enjoying refined non-suspension wheels for the time being (IMHO). Or involve the influencer's testing during the build phase with R&D, not only during the final beta testing (which only allows for minor changes before release). That way we don't keep getting problematic wheels at release.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

That's precisely my point, the recommended suspension pressures may have changed from the preprod to the final version.  

I think if you let all the air out pedals will still be high lol, @Duf gets his soon I'm sure he will tell us if it's too much

They added 10mm more shock and 50mm more pedal height plus a 9 degree pedal angle that might add 5mm feel= 65mm increase 🤔 is this right it don't look it

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Big thanks to @Jpd for feeding our hunger with these clips! Sorry to see the issues, but I’m sure Inmotion will take care of it.

Personally I wouldn’t cancel my order based on a single unit having an issue. Most of us will get ours from later batches anyway, this is why Inmotion made the first batch so small, to catch possible issues as early as possible.

What do you think of the height @mrelwood

Can @Jpd @gp us the height with the lowest air pressure in just so we can see

It just doesn't look right to me

Edited by stephen

I like high pedals, but I have to admit this looks too high. The risk is an unstable ride especially on emergency maneuvers. 
The missing screws could be just typical first batch issues. It’s a practice run for the assembly workers also. The cracked posts should get a redesign, though. 

But no way I would cancel my preorder for this! Seems like small issues easily corrected. 
I would love to hear what kind of testing they did with the higher pedals. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

But no way I would cancel my preorder for this! Seems like small issues easily corrected. 
I would love to hear what kind of testing they did with the higher pedals. 

I don't think the riding height is a small issue , how do you change that

They can't of done any ride testing surley it doesn't feel right

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jpd said:

Pedal height comparison. Psi set at 60 and 100, my riding weight is 190lbs

Can you try to hit the curb? I saw some scratches on side covers in Kuji review. I think that such can be scratches a result of hitting the curb on low pressure of tyre?

bump.jpg

v11.jpg

• Like 1

This is set to only 100 psi for a 190lb rider ,I've took screenshots of pedal heights and in every photo it just looks way to high

1 normal riding

2 the shock has expanded and if it doesn't compress quick it will make landing harder due to high center of gravity

3 fully compressed do maybe balance the landing out,, 

What do you guys think or  it is it just me

Screenshot-20200714-074052-com-google-an
Screenshot-20200714-074056-com-google-an
Screenshot-20200714-074104-com-google-an

Edited by stephen

37 minutes ago, musk said:

I'm torn about having these companies so quickly adapt to certain categories of feedback from a small group of expert riders. 

The positive aspect is that these experienced riders can stress-test a product to find weaknesses or oversights in a new wheel design.  Ideally this category of feedback includes durability, reliability, influences of local climate, a variety of rider weight,  small legality issues (like the strobing blue lights on the Sherman), etc.  Feedback in this realm is largely useful to riders worldwide, consisting of faults that almost everyone would consider a deficiency.  Changes to these items are either positive or neutral for the wider community.

The flipside of this expert feedback is that it's mixed with expert-level PREFERENCES like having higher pedals or different pedal angles.  I love Kuji and the gang, but I don't want to ride a wheel that's tuned for those awesome enthusiasts.  Inmotion has been in the game for a long time, and their original instincts about height & angle would have been sensibly chosen.  I don't want to sacrifice a single drop of low center-of-gravity stability or wobble resistance simply because some extreme sports guy wants to dive off 1M high water fountains or bound uncontrollably down freaking staircases all day. 

Hopefully they'll sell a version of their pedal bracket that's more conservative.  I'd really like that.

It's always a battle of the enthusiasts and casuals.  For example, the seasoned riders perceived the Sherman pedal dip as a desirable feature, whereas others consider it a bug.  Taking feedback from Kuji who represents less than 1% of the customer's use case is not conducive to positive change.  These manufacturers need to stick to their original design plans instead of taking feedback from virtually everyone out there who have different riding styles.  It's up to the riders to find a wheel that suits them, not the manufacturers to try and please everyone only to make things worse.  

I'll have to apologise. After thinking about my previous comments and reading others here, I could just be overreacting. 

This could be, indeed a lemon. A one off problem. 

Rightfully though, we should be concern that Inmotion should know about this and that our @Jpd gets some advice or some sort of support.

Hopefully when other people get the V11, they can check if this problem happened during shipping, after the first ride or not at all. 

From a production point of view, 1 defect out of a first batch of 100 is an amazing achievement, so I hope it stays that way.

Edit : As I say this, Inmotion posts at the same time I post this comment.

Nice timing! :roflmao:

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, stephen said:

What do you think of the height @mrelwood

I’m sure it will be different, but I really have no idea how exactly it will feel or affect the stability. Will be interesting to try.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jpd said:

To Inmotion.

Me and many others have pre-ordered the V11 but now we have some major concerns about the pedal height. Just look at this video, the pedal are way too high.

Riding with pedal this high seriously compromise ride stability and breaking. Please bring pedal height back to "Kuji Rolls" pre-production model days with maybe just 1cm higher pedal height.

Please hurry up and fix this Inmotion, or we will most likely cancel our V11 pre-orders and buy some other EUC instead.

Edited by VizioN-Scope
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, VizioN-Scope said:

To Inmotion.

Me and many others have pre-ordered the V11 but now we have some major concerns about the pedal height. Just look at this video, the pedal are way too high.

Riding with pedal this high seriously compromise ride stability and breaking. Please bring pedal height back to "Kuji Rolls" pre-production model days with maybe just 1cm higher pedal height.

Please hurry up and fix this Inmotion, or we will most likely cancel our V11 pre-orders and buy some other EUC instead.

I was so looking forward to my order but this is putting me off, 

25 minutes ago, VizioN-Scope said:

To Inmotion.

Same case for me, I will cancel my pre-order if this is not adressed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

I was so looking forward to my order but this is putting me off, 

If the pedals are to high I'm going to have to cancel my order to . Looks way to high and it's only set at 90 psi for a 190lb rider, any less and you'll have no suspension left

• Like 1