WaveCut

2 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Nioce! I assume he means 10am pacific time? So, that's like 10pm HKT.

It's about time - Duf has done like 120 videos on the V11 :)

I think evX is in NYC, if so that is Eastern time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tryptych said:

Pre-ordered from who??

2072940750_WhatsAppImage2020-07-08at11_14_23.jpeg.31791001d2847a2e81094cb33c0bf162.jpeg

:efee47c9c8:

Sorry, it's just that I finished this book yesterday... could not resist. Don't hate me for this.

Edited by Coco66
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, onizukagto said:

@Jpd went all quiet, probably having so much fun on the V11. :roflmao:

Care to stop for a moment and give us your first impressions? :w00t2:

I wish! FedEx hasn’t shown up yet. Not sure what’s up ☹️

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I find it a bit ironic that someone who goes fishing can say an electric unicycle is boring ;) 

Haha :roflmao:

I do find it strange that Inmotion gave him that chart regarding psi for suspension. 

Duf is roughly evX weight, but instead of 80psi, duf had it at 150psi and said that its easy better, kept if for road and off road, so not sure if that made a difference in the review. Also, evX didn't mention that you can actually see how much batteries you have on the V11 without looking at your phone, unlike the S18 where your have drop and decrypt the lights if your phone ain't connected. 

But overall, positive review. All round daily driver wheel. I want it so bad. Haha 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Duf is roughly evX weight, but instead of 80psi, duf had it at 150psi and said that its easy better, kept if for road and off road, so not sure if that made a difference in the review.

Someone asked this exact question in the comments under the video. His reply:

Nah it was perfect for me. His terrain was different. I would stick to the guide they sent when it comes to street riding. Off road you could pump more in, to taste.

If I remember, Duf started with a similar pressure and then went up in the middle of a video. So at the end, I guess it is the same thing as with tire pressure. There are some generic guidelines you should start with, but then find what you like. Same way as I ride with tire pressure above the generally recommended value for my weight (unless it is freezing, then I drop it as much as I reasonably can to get more of the rubber to touch the ground).

New stuff for me:

+ok, so motor is really great, nice

-water on top? hmmm should I use a tape there? where, how? I count on you on that one

By saying at the beginning that we shouldn't think about other wheels he meant that V11 owns, gg, wp?

Edited by kurt_hectic

Fun review! I hope I have the opportunity to try the V11 sometime in the near future.

3 minutes ago, kurt_hectic said:

By saying at the beginning that we shouldn't think about other wheels he meant that V11 owns, gg, wp?

He was saying we shouldn't compare the V11 to the S18.

• Like 1

Just now, kurt_hectic said:

-water on top? hmmm should I use a tape there? where, how? I count on you on that one

The board is under a plastic cover and that is shielded by the suspension frame from impacts. From some factory pics or a video, it looked that the board is completely covered in some plastic layer to protect it from water. Given the IP55 rating, I think that rain should not be an issue. I'm not sure what spots he talked about though. Maybe the openings for air cooling? Water in these should be fine too...

• Like 2