WaveCut

1 hour ago, FreeRide said:

Ya pretty clear from the video, he is only interested in the extremes, but the review was OK.  He could have skipped that 'boring comment', that itself was quite boring.  It would have been a fine review without that, and not highlighted the biases so much.  It's not a wheel for him, but a good wheel.  Maybe having recently been on the Sherman his perspective was just very personal rather than a more general open minded review thinking about how other potential buyers would use and appreciate the different aspects of the wheel.  Seem he didn't understand the waterproofing either, but some nice video.   

Still at the end of the day these amateur reviewers are best when their opinion is their personal opinion for their situation, so in that regards it was spot on.  Much better than pandering or talking sh*t. Having the wheel sent to lots of different reviewers accounts for this type of review and in the end seems to work quite well for the companies.

Haha yes, the 'boring comment' seemed out of place with the rest of the review.  I also appreciate this scheme of sending wheels around the circuit of youtubers to get different perspectives.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, musk said:

the 'boring comment' seemed out of place with the rest of the review

I think I understand his comment. I own a few motorcycles and one of the best designed ones I have is a Honda NC750X. It can cruise forever at 70mph and return almost 80mpg while doing that. It's not fast by motorcycle standards but 0-60 is still under 4 secs and the top speed is over 120mph so it's more than fast enough for me. It rarely needs servicing and I honestly doubt it will ever go wrong. It even has storage built into the design. I even like the look of it. I bought it for commuting and it does the job brilliantly. It is however quite boring to ride.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I find it a bit ironic that someone who goes fishing can say an electric unicycle is boring ;) 

Yeah, the "boring" comment at the end left me scratching my head as well. The fact that he owns a 16x makes it even more confusing - is he just going to go back to his 16x and call it boring trash, considering the V11 has higher top speed and torque? Kuji has said in his review that the V11 is very comparable to the MSX in terms of torque, so should we also conclude that evX is also calling the Gotway MSX "boring"? I'm sure NYC Gotway bros won't appreciate that sentiment...

The only thing I can think of, in order to give him the benefit of the doubt, is that he thinks the V11 is boring in the sense that it doesn't have any of the pre-production drama of the S18. But even that's a stretch. Hope Mick reads some of these comments and offers a bit of clarification!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:
  • As discussed in other comments, InMotion consistently has the best IP rating, his comments here are way off-base.
  • Calling the suspension 'sub-par' is really disingenuous. Considering even by early July nobody yet owns a suspension wheel, "par" for pretty much all riders is the complete absence of suspension whatsoever. And since as Kuji says both suspension wheels have superior ride quality to any non-suspension wheel (and Kuji says he wishes all his wheels had suspension), such suspension is still a great improvement over current non-suspension ride quality 'par' as riders know it.
  • Calling the best 84v commuter wheel ever made--the first-ever suspension paving the way for the future, as well as an 84v wheel that beats the 84v MSX yet made by InMotion(!) of all people--'boring' is a bizarre statement. The only interpretation that makes sense is that he considers all 84v wheels boring, but then that's hardly a mark against this particular wheel, and should've been disclaimer of his perception of and bias towards the entire 84v category. Ultimately this wreaks of trying to atone to his NYC crew for otherwise saying positive things about an InMotion wheel.

To be honest, when all you ride are 100V wheels, it’s entirely possible I may think it’s boring too, and I bought the V11. 

It’s a mid range cruiser comparable to a KS-18XL or MSX 84V with a suspension on top. If the suspension allows for lower stress riding that alone will make it worth dealing with the lower top speed. Riding in NYC, dodging potholes or road hazards is a mini-adventure in itself, and I look forward to seeing what the V11 can do on our awful streets. If i can have a stress-free commute sipping a coffee riding around our city due to the benefits of suspension, it’s very well worth losing the 5-10 mph top speed. 

• Like 3

Why is "boring" a bad word. I felt my KS18L/XL wheels were very exciting when I first started wheeling 2 years ago. Now they feel boring and too easy with no personality. My Monster also became too boring. The XL and Monster were super reliable and safe, both amazing wheels. But I want excitement and challenge. 35mph on the Monster was boring, 35mph on the Nikola is wild. Sidewalk cruzing with the XL in tight spaces was big and boring too, a switch to KS16X is super fun in the same setting. Boring is personal and changes over time. The V11 may be boring, but if it can provide a calm seated ride and painless trolling experience, it can still have a place in an advance rider's stable.

• Like 3

The 2nd layer is happening, because of the hinted Bluetooth and lighting "modules" that Inmotion said. Even if no secondary battery is planned, if we discover how these accessories are connected and seated on the V11, I think third party modules can readily make a external battery module. 

V11 BMS is pretty advance, might not have to even touch it. Lol

I got what I needed from Evx's review. Basically, the V11 is a high performance utility wheel that has a great motor* & lighting, not the fastest top speed in the industry and a inferior suspension design as compared to the S18**.  

* Not sure that anyone has actually tested the 2200W motor yet so hopefully the smoothness is not lost (wattage ratings have always been questionable with electronics, hopefully it is the same motor that was tested with a different stamp on it LOL)

** None of the testers had time to really dial in the suspension on either model from what I have seen (IMHO) so I question if we have actually seen the full capability of the suspension set-up on either model yet. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I reall don't put too much into the review from yesterday. Like I posted yesterday the author and I don't share same views in general. He usually make good use of filming skills and editing with music to build entertaining videos. But that is just it. It is entertainment nothing more. He has his right to his opinion. So do I if I take it seriously or not. 

But I do find the top shot of the wheel interesting. If his conclusion is right or wrong remains to be seen. I have asked Inmotion about the weatherproofing and they have replied without hesitation best in class (of theirs models like others too).

Now the boring comments stands for ot own. But coming from someone that craves for speed, is not a surprise to me. Once you get a certain speed, it doesn't take long before the mind gets used to it and it becomes boring. 

When I ride my EUC it has 4 things it does for me. 

It is a way I keep my poor body active. My training type instead of being glued to the couch.

It take me from A to B and back home. Simple meas of transportation.

It makes it possible for me to explore areas I would not be able to, at least in same way.

I have fun as I ride. It is the floating sensation. But it is also the smiles it normally bring forward on people I pass. Most have not see something like it before.

As a bonus it often works as a conversation starter. People ask what that thing is. It happens when I am trolleying shopping or taking a coffee break. 

You can argue most EUC can do this. Which is true. But I don't need a Veteran to do it. And there are many points to why I think the V11 is going to be the new KS18XL. It is a good allrounder not the imost extreme wheel but it has sold very well from the amount of people owning it at some point here. 

So we are back to how to make a profit. If you can make a product appealing to many not just 10% most extreme riders, then you have potential for a good piece of the market. If your quality is good too and construction is kept simple then it normally means less problems. And eventually to happy customers. 

Looking at V8 it got a V8f. The V10f well that is now V11 in my view. 

You could probably make a 2nd layer of batteries on the V11. But then you add weight and cost to it. So in my view it is when is enough enough vs the cost...and on this point I think the V11 suits me spot on. I simply don't see a wheel that is so spot onto what wished for knowing what I do from my other 4 wheels I owned so far. 

Now I don't live in NYC. Thank god for that. I would be miserable if I must ride like some NYC argue you have to do to survive the traffic.(Now I don't think that is true).

It’s so funny you say how miserable you’d riding here (and taking some passive aggressive pot shots at our city in your last statement) since we hated New Yorkers are about to create a video of us riding in the bike lane obeying all traffic signals.  So far we’ve been cursed at and threatened no less than 4 times in the footage we have so far (for riding in the bike lane at cyclist speeds). 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

It’s so funny you say how miserable you’d riding here (and taking some passive aggressive pot shots at our city in your last statement) since we hated New Yorkers are about to create a video of us riding in the bike lane obeying all traffic signals.  So far we’ve been cursed at and threatened no less than 4 times in the footage we have so far (for riding in the bike lane at cyclist speeds). 

You have a point, but you are also highlighting exactly why he doesnt think he'd like riding there. No matter WHAT you guys do, you are still being treated like New Yorkers, by New Yorkers. Of course its a gross generalization, but Im not surprised at all. Im not trying to throw salt, just reading into what you are saying. Seems like its a lose lose situation, and very dog eat dog out there! Stay safe and do what you gotta do!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

** None of the testers had time to really dial in the suspension on either model from what I have seen (IMHO) so I question if we have actually seen the full capability of the suspension set-up on either model yet. 

I think that's an important point, until you have ridden an EUC for at least 50 miles, only then can you really discover how it handles, how to tune it properly.

(stolen from speedyfeet) 

We just have to give it time for riders to experience it and report back. 

6 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I got what I needed from Evx's review. Basically, the V11 is a high performance utility wheel that has a great motor* & lighting, not the fastest top speed in the industry and a inferior suspension design as compared to the S18**.  

* Not sure that anyone has actually tested the 2200W motor yet so hopefully the smoothness is not lost (wattage ratings have always been questionable with electronics, hopefully it is the same motor that was tested with a different stamp on it LOL)

I don't agree with this. They made a suspension system, but to fit it they balanced out not only how it works, but thee space and maintenance without too big a sacrifice.

Calling that inferior, is to me a statement that need lots of salt. But I do agree we have not seen if the bigger motor rating changes the ride and combined with higher pedal height it could also impact the ride sensation.

I still think that you have to look at suspension as assisting to mitigate unevenness of the ride (scale of success) or eliminating any unevenness of a ride (either yes or no). And then add the cost of what other compromises. Due to this I can’t see pitching S18 vs V11, as they aim for different (very) target groups. The S18 simply do not fit what I want due to the sacrifices made in its design.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

I think that's an important point, until you have ridden an EUC for at least 50 miles, only then can you really discover how it handles, how to tune it properly.

(stolen from speedyfeet) 

We just have to give it time for riders to experience it and report back. 

It took me about 300 km to get used to the KS16X and the CX tire. It was about nt getting suprised and over reacting when the wheel followed the surface structure. I not got the CYT tire on, it is softer so it don't behave in the same way. 

I don't expect to understand supension from day 1. I am pretty sure we will see a lot of suggestions of setups to balance both suspension and tire as a combined system.

• Like 2