WaveCut

24 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I don't agree with this. They made a suspension system, but to fit it they balanced out not only how it works, but thee space and maintenance without too big a sacrifice.

Calling that inferior, is to me a statement that need lots of salt. But I do agree we have not seen if the bigger motor rating changes the ride and combined with higher pedal height it could also impact the ride sensation.

I still think that you have to look at suspension as assisting to mitigate unevenness of the ride (scale of success) or eliminating any unevenness of a ride (either yes or no). And then add the cost of what other compromises. Due to this I can’t see pitching S18 vs V11, as they aim for different (very) target groups. The S18 simply do not fit what I want due to the sacrifices made in its design.

My comment was based on what I felt the reviewer was trying to convey. My personal opinion is much different from what was reported. Regardless of which manufacturer has the better design, at this moment in time, it is still going to be a major upgrade to any non-suspension wheel. For a slightly higher price one gets an upgraded unit on many fronts so the choice is obvious for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davinche said:

Don't you think it's rude to just reduce someone's video to "It is just entertainment nothing more"? Creating content is an extremely time consuming process and the lack of recognition / gratitude for even having content produced for such a niche hobby is bewildering to me.

Nope I don't. It is made to be headline news, but like I said earlier, we have different opinions. and in that context I stand 100% to my comment.

2 hours ago, davinche said:

He didn't write it off though. I rewatched the video just to see if there was any merit in your claim - there is none.

He asked for comments yesterday in WhatsApp channel from Inmotion. I said this:

There are good and bad parts of the review. I like you showed how the top part are constructed. But some of editing feels very jumpy and not as smooth as other things you have done before. 

But as a question, since you don't find this wheel exciting what does it take to  come to a different conclusion? I don't find fishing exciting,  I don't have the patience for the waiting.

I know we don't share safety and speed opinions. But I think the V11 look to be one of the best wheels ever made. But I have yet to ride one.

The reply I got was:

[19:44, 2020-07-08] The disjointed editing wasn’t a mistake. Just FWIW. But it was boring mainly because of the speed and inability to say pump it into jumps like the s18.

[19:45, 2020-07-08]  The suspension is simple like a car suspension. Which is great.
[19:46, 2020-07-08]  But no one is gonna wanna drive wild in a Beamer. A corvette or Bugatti maybe. Or even a monster truck (s18). But overall it’s just the best city commuter wheel. But nothing sexy like the s18

[19:52, 2020-07-08] I mean i like to give a truthful review and then my personal bias at the end. Not everyone agrees.
[19:52, 2020-07-08] It’s no secret I’m a huge GotWay fan

in which I responded:

[19:52, 2020-07-08] Rudi (Unventor): @Mickey evX we buy things for different reasons. If you look for an extreme that is one thing. But from an EUC community point of view and that some people use an EUC as replacement to a car especially in cities, I think the V11 is a very important new wheel. It is about a practical and useful product. Not something you need to tinker with very 2miles. I don't view the S18 as sexy. And they are not doing same job. Looking at final production models I still think the V11 is a much more complete product. 

Anyway I guess we see things from very different angle s. Which is all fine. Diversity of wheels is a good thing.
[19:53, 2020-07-08] Rudi (Unventor): Hehe and I the oppersite. No secret either.

it went a bit on from that. the short version, he think he gave a pissitive review but button line he don't want to buy it (my interpatation, 100%) and I just don't think the review show the wheel in the light you could have done. If you made the review longer. 

and this is where I am 200% on this comment I added yesterday.

evX: [19:54, 2020-07-08]  I’m fairly certain i pointed out that it’s the perfect commuter wheel. The whole package...
[19:54, 2020-07-08]  I also use my EUC as a car. I live in nyc and don’t own a vehicle

Me: Adding sugar doesn't make a dessert. It is about the full recipe. 😉

Now he got unhappy. which is fair enough. (it wasn't what I aimed for but it happens. But this is now when I am comming to my point. Both of us view things differently. If you ask for an opinion be prepared to get it. what you do wit it is up to you at the receiving end. 

his final coment: Unventor strikes again

at which my reply: But I said it was entertaining 😟

His review has not moved me in any direction. If you compare the work DUF made that had much more info on what to expect. I view DUFs work to add much more value to a decission making process. That was informative and entertaning at the same time. 

Now had he (evX) not asked for opinions I would have just seen it and forgotten it. But he asked with intention to make sure V11 buyers would watch it. If you compare evX video and the night ride vide from DUF you will see why my view is so very different to the reviews.

Very important footnote: I fully understand people have diffrent opinions. It really doesn't matter if you agree with me or not. This post is to show where my opinon comes from. and I were clear about this the other day too here in the forum. I don't think it is a big deal. Sometimes I can choose to be diplomatic other times I can't be bothered. As a moderator I have to be diplomatic. But as a member I make my choices. All of the above is as a member. 

Now I hope Inmotion post something today as they approched me yesterday that the couldn't access the forum. But it got sorted out, so I expected they were to announce something. We shall see.

Edited by Gimlet
Removed phone numbers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

interesting. 

Thank you for the insight, but just a question, Is it wise to show evX phone number on this forum? 

Maybe i'm just a little paranoid lately (Just check my location), maybe you should blank it just in case. 

No ablolutely not. It was a miskate on my behalf I didn't see that it was part of the copy paste from a platform where these are pubic shown. 

A memeber raised this on an report, and a fellow Moderator have modified my post before I had the oppertunity to rectify my mistakt. 

And I sit back with red cheeks of embarisment for my mistake. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

I like it! 

Chrome is nice, but it can get scruffy easily, especially if it's only plated on plastic and not polished metal.

I want the orange logo but i have first batch and it will be silver so if anyone wants to swap 😁

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stephen said:

I want the orange logo but i have first batch and it will be silver so if anyone wants to swap 😁

i wish! Just bought a V10F last month and the Missus (CFO of the Family) gave me a hard EUC budget limit. 

So won't be able to get the V11 until next year......or when my V10F breaks.  :innocent1:

*tries to ride the v10F harder* :whistling:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stephen said:

But then how will anyone know that you have a first batch/first edition V11? 😉

53 minutes ago, stephen said:

I like it tbh

I agree, it looks much better than a GW Niloka sticker half falling of at unboxing.

• Like 2