WaveCut

I know this has probably been answered countless times already, but what's speed throttling curve on the V11 like? At what percentage does it start throttling? And do we have a graph or enough data to make one, on bat. % / max. throttled speed? 

Thanks and sorry if this has already been asked/answered

1 hour ago, VizioN-Scope said:

What do you guys think about the updated design?

(1) This orange rubber has inmotion letters engraved into it. it looks okay i guess but I suspect it will quickly get dirty. For this reason I think I prefer the black rubber it had before.

(2) I like this chrome plate here, it makes wheel look more refined and luxurious imo. It also kinda removes that ( T ) shape look it had before.

(3) I like that they painted the kickstand black but how good will that paint hold up once we've used it on the asphalt/ground a few times?. I think I'm going to use some black ice hockey tape around those areas where the metal touches the ground. I wish Inmotion had put some strong black rubber around it.

(4) Does this mudguard look a little longer than before?. Maybe they updated it to be more effective?. idk

The battery indicator appears red color now instead of white.  Perhaps this is to match the new red accented pedals?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, musk said:

The battery indicator appears red color now instead of white.  Perhaps this is to match the new red accented pedals?

Yea I noticed this too. I like the new battery indicator color but the color looks more gold yellow to me than red and the pedals INMOTION label color looks orange red to me.

I only wish the battery indicator showed us percent % status instead of bars. Much easier that way to know what battery percent % is left. With bars we always have to guess.

Edited by VizioN-Scope
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

InMotion has committed to 50km/h (~31mph) all the way down until 30% battery/no throttling until 30% battery.

As a nice little bonus they'll also be offering an enthusiast firmware that will allow 55km/h (~34mph) when above 80% battery.

Thanks pretty damn good! Thanks for the info! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VizioN-Scope said:

What do you guys think about the updated design?

(1) This orange rubber has inmotion letters engraved into it. it looks okay i guess but I suspect it will quickly get dirty. For this reason I think I prefer the black rubber it had before.

(2) I like this chrome plate here, it makes wheel look more refined and luxurious imo. It also kinda removes that ( T ) shape look it had before.

(3) I like that they painted the kickstand black but how good will that paint hold up once we've used it on the asphalt/ground a few times?. I think I'm going to use some black ice hockey tape around those areas where the metal touches the ground. I wish Inmotion had put some strong black rubber around it.

(4) Does this mudguard look a little longer than before?. Maybe they updated it to be more effective?. idk

V11-update2.png

haha. 

You know something is good, when we are picking at every little and minor details. :w00t2:

But i kinda agree with you on the stand, i know when i get it, i'll be wrapping the end of that stand with black electrical tape. Although i've gotten used to painting my inmotion pedals with automotive touch-up paint pen, i don't fancy doing that daily on a kick stand. :rolleyes::roflmao:

Edited by onizukagto

10 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

That means everyone has to do another V11 review right, cos the specs are different....RIGHT?! :w00t2:

The change of pedal angle and especially pedal height will most definitely change how the wheel rides!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

The change of pedal angle and especially pedal height will most definitely change how the wheel rides!

Yes I am pretty sure of this. Now 24cm at top height is pretty high. I know it will sag a bit as you step up. But in comparison the V10f has a 17.5cm pedal height and because of it slim shape it feels really tall (over the ground) to me. Now you add 6.5cm to that and a pedal angle too. I guess there is a little bit to get accustom to here. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Unventor said:

1) the V8 had red print on its pedals too. The rubber part should clean easily by a damp rag or cloth. You will see it add Inmotion nicely irl I am sure.

2) I agree with this. It one of those simple minor things that add the dot to the I(nmotion).

3) I got a product that is a rubber tape it has no glue on it. To apply it you pull it to 2x it length. This activates the rubber. You the twist it around a pipe or cable or here the stand. The rubber will then fuse together making a waterproof and electrically safe rubber tube. You can buy this in your DIY home fix store.. I will make a video about it. My wheel is ready to ship out shortly do you see it before most have their wheel.

4) Now that you mentioned it. I didn't notice it before. 

I will make videos ones I get my wheel. Shipping expected in the next few days I am told. Travel time to me was said about 1 week  (airlifted door to door, expensive but this way I have it for my vacation). Since it goes directly to me and not by a dealer first I might be in the frontline to be able to share content from a real deal wheel. This is also why I am looking to get a 360 camera.

It turned out to be one super expensive EUC year so far for me. Eh but what can you do. It is a lifestyle right @Marty Backe?

Wow, that's cool that you're getting it so soon. Seems like it's going to be a long time before they're flowing into the United States.

Exciting times this summer :thumbup:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I got a product that is a rubber tape it has no glue on it. To apply it you pull it to 2x it length. This activates the rubber. You the twist it around a pipe or cable or here the stand. The rubber will then fuse together making a waterproof and electrically safe rubber tube. You can buy this in your DIY home fix store.. I will make a video about it. My wheel is ready to ship out shortly do you see it before most have their wheel.

Do you have a name for that product? I am very interested for other uses too... not sure I have ever seen it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that's cool that you're getting it so soon. Seems like it's going to be a long time before they're flowing into the United States.

Exciting times this summer :thumbup:

Aww... you aren't getting it anytime soon? 

I like reading your post on facebook, hope you get to do a review too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

Do you have a name for that product? I am very interested for other uses too... not sure I have ever seen it.

im pretty sure its something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Self-Fusing-Silicone-Tape-Transparent-1-x-10/dp/B01LZU53UJ?th=1

These are just the generic ones, but i've used this on pipe fittings and on my car, PC or whatever is around my flat, when i want to have a waterproof sealant but without the faffing about with a silicone pump gun and waiting for it to set time. its just peel, stretch, wrap and you're done.

Depending on your brand though, some will happy self set and hold on other materials (plastic, rubber, glass, fiberglass etc etc), others can only fuse and set with itself,

i.e. when you wrap it around a pipe, you stretch it then overlap with itself to fuse.

I remember getting some from M3. they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-03625-Wrap-Repair-Silicone/dp/B00G25GOCA/ref=sr_1_41?dchild=1&keywords=silicone+tape&qid=1593669886&sr=8-41

Edited by onizukagto
woops. i mean M3

13 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

There are different brands making this. You can find videos about it on YouTube. 

This is what I got.

It would work great on a handle grip too if you want a rubber feel to it.

20200702_075605_compress2.thumb.jpg.74c8da239ae5fe27574bedf1ca398bf0.jpg

20200702_075621_compress45.thumb.jpg.515fe17eb4dab3f9045d7098c9378be0.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It turned out to be one super expensive EUC year so far for me. Eh but what can you do. It is a lifestyle right @Marty Backe?

You are not alone. I bought a V10 one day before I found out about V11. :D But then, I really had to make the upgrade from v5f.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Aww... you aren't getting it anytime soon? 

I like reading your post on facebook, hope you get to do a review too. 

Probably not for a few weeks.

• Like 1