WaveCut

3 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Well, when I took my first 30 mile ride and I enjoyed it. The pedals are comfortable, it’s a solid wheel but the tire gives you that gyro feeling like the stock tire on the 16X. I’m not too sure I like that. Also it came from the factory with 38 psi which makes the gyro affect even worse so I lowered it to 25 psi and it was more manageable. I couldn’t figure out how to get darkness bot to work with it so no pebble watch. Also how do you play music through the speaker? I couldn’t figure that out on either an android phone or my iPhone. The inmotion app worked fine on both iPhone and Android.  I bet somewhere in this thread you guys already addressed these things. If so can you point me to the solutions or the answers please?

I'm glad it has a gyro affect i love the feel of my 16x,, also the V11 doesn't have a speaker for music just one for beeps and start up sounds ect ,, ☹️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stephen said:

I'm glad it has a gyro affect i love the feel of my 16x,, also the V11 doesn't have a speaker for music just one for beeps and start up sounds ect ,, ☹️

What??? Lol

As far as the gyro goes I hate having to lean into it so hard to get it to turn. This thing is very reminiscent of the Z10. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Well, when I took my first 30 mile ride and I enjoyed it. The pedals are comfortable, it’s a solid wheel but the tire gives you that gyro feeling like the stock tire on the 16X. I’m not too sure I like that. Also it came from the factory with 38 psi which makes the gyro affect even worse so I lowered it to 25 psi and it was more manageable. I couldn’t figure out how to get darkness bot to work with it so no pebble watch. Also how do you play music through the speaker? I couldn’t figure that out on either an android phone or my iPhone. The inmotion app worked fine on both iPhone and Android.  I bet somewhere in this thread you guys already addressed these things. If so can you point me to the solutions or the answers please?

I thought that you couldn't play music through the speakers on the V11? From what I understand, they are just for notifications and alarms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seba said:

I have to say, based on my experience, that V11 may become a new king of EUCs that best fits for long-distance, one- or multi-day trips. For now KS-18XL is the king in this regard, but this may change.

It's certainly more comfortable than the 18XL but wouldn't the reduced range on the V11 rule it out from being a long distance king? Personally I'd of the thought the Veteran Sherman would be the more obvious choice. Other benefits would be not needing to carry a pump, a screw extractor and masking tape ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Wilson said:

I thought that you couldn't play music through the speakers on the V11? From what I understand, they are just for notifications and alarms.

That's true 👍

41 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I couldn’t figure out how to get darkness bot to work with it so no pebble watch.

Darknessbot isnt ready for the V11 yet. I just sent them my logs and it will be the first logs they have for the v11 to start making it ready for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

Actually battery is not a most important factor for best long-distance wheel. During such trips you often need to lift your wheel or take upstairs (for example on hotels without elevators, restaurants etc.). Sherman seems to be a great wheel, but it's heavy as elephant. And is not suspended, so no real advantage over KS-18XL in such activities.

The V11 seems like it would be awkward to carry up stairs (at least for a shorter guy like me) due to its height. (though still not as bad as the Sherman would be)

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

What??? Lol

As far as the gyro goes I hate having to lean into it so hard to get it to turn. This thing is very reminiscent of the Z10. 

I am a bit amazed you missed out that there isn't a BT music/speaker system. 

Once the 2nd batch is shipped out. Should happen during next week. Then Inmotion will focus on accessories options. You see this in the announcement thread for Inmotion. 

Now that the wheel behaves as the KS16X is good news to me. 

So I am on the same page as you @stephen on this. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I am a bit amazed you missed out that there isn't a BT music/speaker system. 

Once the 2nd batch is shipped out. Should happen during next week. Then Inmotion will focus on accessories options. You see this in the announcement thread for Inmotion. 

Now that the wheel behaves as the KS16X is good news to me. 

So I am on the same page as you @stephen on this. 

Amazed that I missed out on one? I guess I’m confused by your statement. 

I remember dozens of pages of people complaining about the gyro feeling of the 16X. Lol. It was catastrophically horrible. In fact I can think of no other subject where people complained more on this forum. Now you’re the second guy that’s excited about this one being the same way. :-)

• Like 1

The gyro effect is interesting, the reviewers didn’t mention it. How about @Jpd

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, prasket said:

Darknessbot isnt ready for the V11 yet. I just sent them my logs and it will be the first logs they have for the v11 to start making it ready for it.

Thanks man!!! I really appreciate you answering that.

• Like 1

OK put a little black electrical duct tape on them to match the original ones, got the stripped ones removed, air up the other shocks upper (it was at 10 psi) and put it all back together. 

Now to get off work (did that at lunch) so I can go on a ride to try it out. 

I have 50 psi in top, 120 psi in bottom ( I am 80 kg), and going to try my tyre 35 psi. 

7E47425E-028F-4346-BB11-69FB347E324B.jpeg

• Like 1

• Super curious about the new negative air chamber adjust. In Duf's latest unboxing video he says you should be able to inflate/adjust it without needing to remove the saddle (just need the right extender/hose).
  • Looks like the overzealous glue-gun guy at GW has a cousin with a new job at IM: introducing overzealous screw-gun guy! *smacks forehead* Easy enough to resolve, let's just hope to see it resolved *now* and not just *eventually*. This is why I'm ordering second or third batch.
  • That video of them spraying the V11 with a hose is *awesome*.
  • Anyone know how the little side plate with the InMotion name is attached and if easily removable/swapable? Assuming they stick with the latest color scheme (blacked-out pedals with orange side plate), I'd definitely be down to trade my later batch orange side plate for a silver one from batch 1--although it'd likely have to be several months from now.
  • On the lack of music speakers, remember that InMotion has said they're working on several add-on accessories for the V11, including music speakers and side lights. (For those that are into those kinds of things.) Super curious to see their approach for official add-ons, but overall I like that kind of direction. (Cheaper/simpler base unit with superfluous features as add-ons.) I'm only a little surprised that it would be profitable for them to bother with accessories for such a niche device category.
  • On the suspension rail caps, I imagine someone will be 3d printing them within a week and you should be able to buy them online shortly thereafter.
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, AtlasP said:
  • Super curious about the new negative air chamber adjust. In Duf's latest unboxing video he says you should be able to inflate/adjust it without needing to remove the saddle (just need the right extender/hose).
  • Looks like the overzealous glue-gun guy at GW has a cousin with a new job at IM: introducing overzealous screw-gun guy! *smacks forehead* This is why I'm ordering second or third batch.
  • That video of them spraying the V11 with a hose is *awesome*.
  • Anyone know how the little side plate with the InMotion name is attached and if easily removable/swapable? Assuming they stick with the latest color scheme (blacked-out pedals with orange side plate), I'd definitely be down to trade my later batch orange side plate for a silver one from batch 1--although it'd likely have to be several months from now.
  • On the lack of music speakers, remember that InMotion has said they're working on several add-on accessories for the V11, including music speakers and side lights. (For those that are into those kinds of things.)
  • On the suspension rail caps, I imagine someone will be 3d printing them within a week and you should be able to buy them online shortly thereafter.

Getting to the top Negative air chamber is very simple. However I wouldn’t even know what to adjust it to.

8 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Getting to the top Negative air chamber is very simple. However I wouldn’t even know what to adjust it to.

In the IM Telegram channel Liam suggested 50 psi and check it every couple of months. I also asked them about an updated manual with that info, he was going to check with the product team.

Edited by prasket
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iode said:

https://streamable.com/zi1d6d

Looks like they didn't pull any punches with this water resistance test. Spraying somewhat pressurized water directly into all of the openings and crevices, even with the lights/fan on.

Nice! It great when a manufacturer isn't afraid to show off it product IPXX rating officially and literally. 

9 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Right now, 50psi seems to be the magic number, but you should test it out before you settle on it. The consensus is that it's better then having zero psi in the negative chamber. 

Edited by onizukagto
Auto-Courcy is killing me. Damn you samsung
  • Like 1

Amazed that I missed out on one? I guess I’m confused by your statement. 

I remember dozens of pages of people complaining about the gyro feeling of the 16X. Lol. It was catastrophically horrible. In fact I can think of no other subject where people complained more on this forum. Now you’re the second guy that’s excited about this one being the same way. :-)

Well the lag of BT speakers has been know since launch announcement. It has been debated a lot and post about this here in the forum.

As for the gyro effect I never complained about that on my KS16X. In fact I have said it was a trademark of the fun part of riding my KS16X despite it took some time to get used to. Now when I had my KS16X for services (the 2nd time) I got the tire changed. It is a easier ride now, but it took away some of the fun factor of that mc lean style.

So we are a few that like the gyro effect on the wheels. Some don't that is just how it is. One thing is for sure, it isn't putting me off. I just wounder why none mentioned this before.

I am still stoked to get my V11. The sad part is that it has not been shipped yet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Wilson said:

Does this mean that you can adjust it without removing any screws?

Watching Duf's live stream, it seems like you still have to remove screws. The saddle curved inwards, I assume this covers or obscure the full valve on the negative chamber. Hence you have to remove some of the screws to shift the saddle slightly up to allow access to the valve. 

• Like 1