WaveCut

8 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Top safe speed is usually referred to when talking about Gotway’s top speed as it can vary with rider’s weight when the tiltback is removed. On Inmotion the speed is limited with mandatory tiltback to 55 km/h or 50 km/h below 80% battery. That should be the top safe speed for every rider within the stated weight limit, which is 120 kg. The cut off speed when lifted has been measured at 86 km/h. On a lighter rider it should safely go much faster than its limited speed if the tiltback could be removed. I’m quite sure its safe to utilize all the speed they allow. 

Or maybe you mean incidents like with the 16X where some riders reported over leans when accelerating hard even under the stated top limit? I haven’t heard anybody having any issues with over leans yet. 

Thank you for the info

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Wilson said:

I've asked a few people who have the V11 and they all said that it felt high at first but they quickly adapted and got used to the height and it wasn't an issue.

This ^ 

I am still getting used to the pedal hight when stopped as they are at highest without any weight so its a bigger hop to mount up, but riding is very nice now. I’ve tried to pedal scrape like I could my 16x and v8 but no go yet. :) 

Edited by prasket
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Jj Luo said:

For those who have been riding the production v11, how do you feel about the pedal height? Did you get used to it? From the videos, it still looks incredibly high.

At first I felt high as I used to ride the v10f but after a few weeks it feels normal to me.   I especially like the high pedal height for extra clearance it provides when riding rails with big roots and boulders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Wilson said:

Isn't that normal range for 1500Wh?

Not really. Obviously it all depends on rider weight, speed etc etc but the KS18XL and KS16X have a similar battery size but manage almost twice that range.  It's all a bit immaterial to me though as I never get close to riding even 60km in a day. 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 12:11 PM, Unventor said:

today Liam wrote this as pinned message on telegram

I was just about to order the original hextech pedals. Maybe I should wait a little longer?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Range as a single number is completely irrelevant. If they’d compare it to 18XL or 84V MSX, it would offer much more value. Depending on how you ride, how much you weigh, and when you consider the range to be done, can triple the available distance.

This. And the energy consumption grows with speed squared, not linear, so even the relatively small speed difference between going 40 and 50 km/h changes the range noticeably. 

Edited by Zopper
Mixed up words
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Here's the thing: the '18' in an 18 x 3 tire is actually bigger than the '18' in a 18 x 2.5 tire, because the '18' in those tire size ratings isn't really the outer diameter nor the rim diameter but rather some arbitrary number somewhere in between, and hence the outer diameter is also affected by the tire width/overall 'girth' of the part of the tire filled by the tube.

It really matters less. As it still do not say how tall or wide the tire is. As an example look at the Z10.