@Boogieman, it's not the symbol, it is the screen to the left of the current screen, which is the Settings Menu. To change screens, put your finger on the edge of the screen and pull.

The Settings menu is also accessed by tapping the Hamburger Shortcut (3 vertically stacked dots) in the upper right corner.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

@Boogieman, it's not the symbol, it is the screen to the left of the current screen, which is the Settings Menu. To change screens, put your finger on the edge of the screen and pull.

The Settings menu is also accessed by tapping the Hamburger Shortcut (3 vertically stacked dots) in the upper right corner.

For sure its a symbol that the arrow points at :-) and when clicking it nothing happens, thus the idea to link it to EUC-W webpage (maybe with a prompt "do you really want to ...." to prevent accidental push when riding (could be "hidden in locked mode" to prevent pushes when riding (as screen lock goes in)

I know i can drag to access settings/about and also use the "three dots" (no burger on Android, aka no lines) or I wouldn't have found about screen :-) but thanks for trying to help

Edited by Boogieman

7 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

For sure its a symbol that the arrow points at :-) and when clicking it nothing happens. 

I know i can drag to access settings/about and also use the "three dots" (no burger on Android, aka no lines) or I wouldn't have found about screen :-) but thanks for trying to help

To open setting your can swipe from side (very edge) where you point with arrow toward other side. Another is the 3dots (called hamburger menu icon).

The top logo itself doesn't do anything. 

On some phones swiping ca be hard to trigger. On my S10E I have a cover preventing me to reach the very edge. But it gives much better screen protection. So I use the 3dots.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lindsey said:

layout-2020-5-8

Occasionally, these displays appear while using the euc world app.:shock2:

No, this message isn't displayed while using EUC World app. This message is displayed only when you try to enable AVAS but you're not one of EUC World supporters.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

My wheel doesn't even have speakers. :lol:

Thats one way to make sure it behaves the same everytime... Ima miss speakers when it happens to me. :(

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I do have the same issue, Phone info

Sammy s9+

Android10 - OneUI 2.0

I guess EUC world use google TTS? Mine as below.

Google text to speech engine, system language selected (Sys language = English UK & Swedish). English downloaded in TTS (just downloaded Swedish as well, cool if that works)

- WiFi only OFF

- Number processing ON

- Language detection: conservative

- Intonation: expressive

Starting to wonder if the English UK messes things up, those wankers use mph LOL :-) (joke, love UK's)

Number processing should be OFF...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travsformation said:

S18 buyers are going to wish the wheel had speakers now... :whistling:

That is a bit disappointing.

I think my Harman Kardon Esquire Mini BT speaker might fit perfectly in this region. 

49874476396_6749b3f046_b.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Not really enough steampunk style over it if you ask me.

So I don’t derail this thread I’ll post a steampunk KS S18 in the photo thread. :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Seba said:

No, this message isn't displayed while using EUC World app. This message is displayed only when you try to enable AVAS but you're not one of EUC World supporters.

Thank you for your reply.:efee47c9c8:

When I accessed the eucworld app and connected it to the electric wheel, this window appeared.:confused1:

This display can be erased by connecting to your phone. I turned it off and turned it back on because it wouldn't move if I wrote it on a watch(Lem4 Pro).:shock2:

I was a little embarrassed when the display window appeared without pressing anything.:efefc8626c:

As you said, the AVAS access window appears.

Sometimes this happens, so I suspected what I pressed wrong at first. But I've never pressed anything...:crying:

I don't know if the "euc world app" language is still supported by each country, but there is no Korean language.:efee96588e:

So I work in the office and interpret it little by little in our language whenever I have time. :eff006f726:

Some simple apps can be used smoothly without language support. :smartass:
To enjoy the features of "euc world app," you will need language support from each country.:efef6b27e5:

The "euc world app" language function now has several languages.:shock2:

I hope to use euc world app, which is supported in Korean. ..:efefc8626c:

In a way, I think my words can be selfish....:eff01bbbfc:  Don't get me wrong.....:efef585a74:

I wrote this message just in the hope that many electric wheel users would use the good app of "euc world app" in Korea.....

Even if I don't have Korean language support, I will share it with the "Korea Electric Wheel Forum" so that I don't have any problems using it,

even though it's not a full function of "euc world app" as time permits.:cheers:

Edited by Lindsey

@Lindsey I am sure you can join translation team if you want to do a Korean translation. It is a list of about 800 lines of words or sentences. Lately we have not seen new changes but we redo this once in a while. 

This is bound to get bigger with the new things @Seba are looking at. But @Seba said he hope to get more languages supported. 

• Like 2

Question: my pebble buzzes at 16 mph but my 3rd speed alarm is set to 20 mph. What can be causing the alarm? First and 2nd alarm are off. 

Another question: I noticed my log didn't turn off when my EUC was off and it recorded my drive in the car. I tried to edit the CVS file and I guess manually upload it by putting the new file into EUCworld folder on my phone. The file shows up on the Logs on EUCworld, but I can't create a tour. Did I do something wrong?

Edited by Waulnut

On 5/2/2020 at 9:36 AM, Seba said:

To me it looks like your phone is pausing EUC World when app is going to backround. It's essential to disable all battery optimizations for EUC World, allow it to run in background and allow it to use GPS when running in background. Your first tour looks OK, but last two shows that you not only lost GPS signal, but also lost Bluetooth connection with wheel. So this looks like blocking application by the system when not in foreground.

I'll take a wild guess that you have answered this question a time or two - is there a faq somewhere with commonly asked questions/answers regarding EUC world app?  Starting at the end of this thread, and reading backwards is fun and all, but wondering if there is a more condensed resource. 

thinking i'll jump on the kingsong for a quick night ride to see if that setting change keeps my tour going

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ben Hatfield said:

I'll take a wild guess that you have answered this question a time or two - is there a faq somewhere with commonly asked questions/answers regarding EUC world app?  Starting at the end of this thread, and reading backwards is fun and all, but wondering if there is a more condensed resource. 

thinking i'll jump on the kingsong for a quick night ride to see if that setting change keeps my tour going

We are trying to make something of documentation. Right now it is mostly @travsformation and someone else building on it (I am such a sucker for remembering names). There are plans to make some explaing videos too. 

So to speed up things if you have specific questions I think it would great to post them in the FAQ thread I linked to above.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Waulnut said:

The file shows up on the Logs on EUCworld, but I can't create a tour. Did I do something wrong?

Wait a few minutes and refresh, the Create Tour option will appear. 

I suspect there is a background process that checks the file to make sure it has GPS data before allowing you to use it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Waulnut said:

Question: my pebble buzzes at 16 mph but my 3rd speed alarm is set to 20 mph. What can be causing the alarm? First and 2nd alarm are off. 

Check your speed offset in the app (which is a feature that allows users to calibrate the wheel speed). I had this exact same problem on my MSX.

7 hours ago, Waulnut said:

Another question: I noticed my log didn't turn off when my EUC was off and it recorded my drive in the car.

Yeah I've had this a few times as well. Its a shame cos it renders the tour useless really (to me anyway). The only thing I have found that works is making sure eucw is closed and also that its swiped away from the quick app access. Basically just make sure its properly shut down. Maybe someome else knows how to delete the car journey data and get a tour out of it though.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 4:39 AM, Unventor said:

To do this I  think seba needs to have access to a unit. This is to reverse engineering the communication and BT commands used. 

This is how all wheels are able to work. Except KS as KS and seba made a deal with help from @Jason McNeil. I know @EUniCycles.eu had something to do too but I don't know the details.

So all the things going on and at ideas bouncing about your wish is not something I have seen discussed since I joined beta tester team.

I will bring this up. In request discussion. I am not decisions make. As this is seba role due to it is his baby/project.

Now the support by donations people make is what helps making this happen. 

It is also why I try to announce things if I can without being too soon as it got scrapped.

I'd be happy to volunteer as a guinea-pig for Ninebot support if one is required.

I've had a quick look but have been unable to figure this out for myself. Short of going into apps and force stopping the app or rebooting the phone how are you normally supposed to exit EUC world on Android PIE? It always seems to end up in the background when I dismiss it from the task switcher and beep beep beeps until the wheel is connected again if I don't do the above.

I think I will leave your @Brendan Halliday  question to @Seba.

The short answer I can give is:

To make a model supported @Seba needs either communication api/protocol  or reverse engineer it (this needs a physical unit he have access to, I don't know how he does it). 

On exiting it works better if you stop data tracking first. What happens is data that is buffered will be uploaded. This can make android this the app crashed and relaunch it. The service uploading tour logs will show until it is finished.

Or this it how I understand it from beta testing discussion.