2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

On exiting it works better if you stop data tracking first. What happens is data that is buffered will be uploaded. This can make android this the app crashed and relaunch it. The service uploading tour logs will show until it is finished.

Or this it how I understand it from beta testing discussion.

That explains a bit, since sometimes I will kill the app and I get the message shortly after that the app keeps crashing, I have trip logging on by default so I may need to adjust the threshold I'm using for detecting end of trip in the app.

Looking forward to trying out AVAS tomorrow on my first ride into work in a month, this is a great app @Seba.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brendan Halliday said:

Looking forward to trying out AVAS tomorrow on my first ride into work in a month, this is a great app

I can say that AVAS works in general much better as a attention warning for pedestrians and cyclists. 

People I meet don't bother to look when they hear music. But a MC engine sound is so much better.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Lindsey I am sure you can join translation team if you want to do a Korean translation. It is a list of about 800 lines of words or sentences. Lately we have not seen new changes but we redo this once in a while. 

This is bound to get bigger with the new things @Seba are looking at. But @Seba said he hope to get more languages supported. 

Thank you for telling me so. :efee47c9c8: I hope more languages will be supported. :efefae4566:
Therefore, we hope that many electric wheel users in each country can access 'euc world app' and enjoy various functions smoothly.:thumbup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Planemo said:

Check your speed offset in the app (which is a feature that allows users to calibrate the wheel speed). I had this exact same problem on my MSX.

I do have the speed correction of -18%. I thought the alarm gets adjusted along with the correction. What can I do to fix this? 

5 hours ago, Planemo said:

Maybe someome else knows how to delete the car journey data and get a tour out of it though.

I was able to save my log by opening the CVS file and deleting the car data the having the file re-uploaded. 

"Manual" uploading was a bit confusing though. I wish I could upload on the EUCworld website on the computer. Or maybe there is and I don't know about it... 

6 hours ago, Coco66 said:

Wait a few minutes and refresh, the Create Tour option will appear. 

I suspect there is a background process that checks the file to make sure it has GPS data before allowing you to use it.

It worked. Thanks for the advice. 

1 hour ago, Waulnut said:

I do have the speed correction of -18%. I thought the alarm gets adjusted along with the correction. What can I do to fix this?

I would have thought the simple answer would be to adjust your alarm by 18% as well. There may be another way but as I have only ever used zero correction for my Z10 and MSX I'm not sure.

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

reverse engineer it (this needs a physical unit he have access to, I don't know how he does it).

I reverse engineered the Sphero mini (robotic ball toy) BLE protocol. At least enough of it to be able to control the RGB LED and send motor commands so that I could control it with a gamepad via my own android app instead of the official Sphero app. Android devices allow you to capture bluetooth traffic which you can then inspect in a packet analyzer. Basically, I sent the same command over and over again in the Sphero app, pulled the logs off the phone, opened them up in Wireshark and tried to find similar packets or groups of packets. It really comes down to pattern recognition. After a week or so, I could control every part of the device that I wanted to. I had to also reverse engineer a checksum byte that was part of each packet or the device would reject the command. That part was the hardest. Anyway, some of this MIGHT be how @Seba works his magic. I would personally not be brave enough to try doing this stuff with an EUC though!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, orbajosbrother said:

some of this MIGHT be how @Seba works his magic

Actually I'm using hardware BLE packet sniffer to record and analyze BLE traffic, as it's much more reliable and gives me real traffic information with all important timing information. But in general it's just as you wrote :)

• Like 2

This is completely off-topic,  but @Seba has asked Jack Kingsong about the possibility of muting KS wheels' confirmation beeps (when connecting to the wheel, making changes in the app, etc.) in future FW upgrades but there are currently only 7 users following the thread where the request was posted. I imagine there are MANY of us who'd love to be able to mute them (to not wake up the the entire household when leaving home in the morning, to not draw (even more) attention to ourselves when at a restaurant/café, etc., to not get caught when sneaking out to the pub... :efee612b4b:), so this is a good chance for KS users to show our support for this very desirable, age-old request!

To do so, simply follow this link and like Seba's post. No more, no less.

Please refrain from adding additional requests, tagging Jack (which I've deliberately avoided doing in this post), asking him questions, complaining about issues (including the beeps! :P), making accusations, etc. We're very fortunate to have a KS representative in the forum so there's a direct channel with the manufacturer, but remember that it's just one person, he can't keep up with the questions and requests of an entire forum, so please let mods and app developers channel requests so we don't overwhelm him. So to reiterate, I'm only asking you to like Seba's post (nothing more!) if you would like to be able to mute the beeps on your KS wheels:) 

P.S. Sorry if this is borderline spamming, but I think it's an issue worth giving visibility to. I'm not selling anything :D

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

Idea for the double sound issue atm with latest eucworld app update:

@Seba, what if there some side server app like Sonos has done,  so this server app (this app connect to the wheel) and then EW would be link to it and give the proper feedback... so in theory the only sound going out of bt from EW would go to you, the AVAS sound will be going out of this 2nd app....

:w00t2:what you think???

Edited by ArqFG
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Seba said:

Actually I'm using hardware BLE packet sniffer to record and analyze BLE traffic, as it's much more reliable and gives me real traffic information with all important timing information. But in general it's just as you wrote :)

Wow I didn't know such a a thing existed, that's awesome! That would be so much easier than using Android's built in Bluetooth log, hah. The logfile method was TEDIOUS to say the least. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, orbajosbrother said:

Wow I didn't know such a a thing existed, that's awesome! That would be so much easier than using Android's built in Bluetooth log, hah. The logfile method was TEDIOUS to say the least. 

This is why we refer to him on the beta tester/translation team as king@Seba

Now you can't see the emoji we use., which is sad but it is his profile picture with a king crown on. 

Whatever he do of dark magic in his dungeon to come up with bright ideas I don't know, but it works. 

• Like 2

Please explain what this mean in use EUC 

inverter_load i found this in eucworld log 

i have 0 - 100 in log what is this ? 

10 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Please explain what this mean in use EUC 

inverter_load i found this in eucworld log 

i have 0 - 100 in log what is this ? 

Inverter is a name of the controller (the mosfets) of the motor. This value is in percent.

So i'd assume this value (reported from the wheel, nothing "invented" from EUC world) should have something to do with the duty cycle and/or motor current. Both (in any mixture) would show in some respect the load of this component. Nothing in detail is really known to me - time and looking at logs maybe will tell.

Maybe the 88% alarm is based on this number?

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

might have gotten this wrong. As I understand it has to do with regeneration when you break. Exactly how and what it means in detail, I can't say for sure. 

I can imagine it to be as you brake or hold back the wheel going downhill, this value is how much of the braking force that can be either sent back to battery or how high strain this reverse current is taking ( in the same way as cpu load to keep balance, but a circuit for reversing power).

Imho not - from my short look on logs with this value it definitely also shows "values" ("slightly" correlated to speed and current) while normal riding. Did not look how the values behave while regenerative braking - while reg braking the inverter is burdened too and maybe something interesting can be found looking into this for further details!

Btw: for ks wheels also cpu load is a new value logged, alarms are now (or already were and i did not note) "binary coded". So i found out till now that 128 (bit 7 set) is the data marker, 1 (bit 0 set) seems to be the speed alarm.

Edited by Chriull
... prefer counting from zero 😁
  • Like 2

Oooh..  as a further question along the same lines...on the csv file, in the 'alert' column, what does each number represent? I guess it means which alarm was triggered, but is there a list anywhere to say what number = which alarm? I have had a 1 and an 8 so far, but both appear to have been overcurrents so I am a bit confused?!

14 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Oooh..  as a further question along the same lines...on the csv file, in the 'alert' column, what does each number represent? I guess it means which alarm was triggered, but is there a list anywhere to say what number = which alarm? I have had a 1 and an 8 so far, but both appear to have been overcurrents so I am a bit confused?!

128=2^7 is the data marker.

1 = 2^0 seems to be speed alarm (as i never set any other alarm till now and have this value in my logs)

As it seems any combination of bits is possible ...

Maybe @Seba shares his list :thumbup:, or one could set one alarm after another to small values (so they are teiggered quite immedeately) and then look up the logs what was reported...

3 minutes ago, Chriull said:

128=2^7 is the data marker.

1 = 2^0 seems to be speed alarm (as i never set any other alarm till now and have this value in my logs)

As it seems any combination of bits is possible ...

Maybe @Seba shares his list :thumbup:, or one could set one alarm after another to small values (so they are teiggered quite immedeately) and then look up the logs what was reported...

Thanks. I have had another look at my csv file and can confirm that the two 8's I had on my last ride were definately peak current triggers. I am not 100% on what alarm I saw the '1' triggered for (it was a while back) but I am 99% sure it was also a current alarm (not sure if it was a sustained or peak though).

I have hidden my previous answer since it is wrong according to @Chriull.

What I can see though in the app is it goes up as you brake or stop the wheel. 

Anyway no need to show a wrong answer. 

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Currently this field is always empty. It was used by old WheelLog code to log some alerts from Inmotion wheels. After rewriting app code I decided to keep this field for compatibility purposes because older version of wheellogviewer.net relied on this field.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seba said:

Currently this field is always empty.

Cheers Seba, and of course you are right, I made a mistake and was referring to the Alarm column...! So is there a list for what alarms the numbers in the field relate to?

40 minutes ago, Unventor said:

What I can see though in the app is it goes up as you brake or stop the wheel. 

TyMllZx.png

Here's a short example also showing "inverter load". I did here no "power brakes" - so the inverter load becomes lower (regenerative) braking.

I'm not getting a real/full sense out of this value by now. For beeing a measure for "inverter dissipated power" it should correspond more to the the square motor current - which is high at low speed accelerations, and relatively lower at higher speeds. For this the inverter load values here are to high at "high speed cruising". Imho. So my mentioning of the duty cycle before, as this inverter value corresponds quite much with speed (voltage needed to drive the motor). Or any mixture of anything inbetween? Or something totally different?

Got an idea inbetween - we need an 3D Graph - speed over current over inverter load ;) Unfortionately not found some nice online  tool to make quickly a 3d Graph - but with the little seen inverter load is some kind of about speed + current, so quite a good number to show if one reaches the limit?!. In a perfect world it should be 100 once one overleans and this 88 the number for a nice safety margin ;)

Here a x (speed) - y (current) scatter with inverter_load as color (black=0, red=78):

fDyMa9L.png

Here the same diagram with similar inverter_load values grouped together:

oLIhbnI.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Sure. It's a value that is created by logical sum of following values:

1    1st speed alarm
2    2nd speed alarm
4    3rd speed alarm
8    Peak current alarm
16   Sustained current alarm
32   Temperature alarm
64   Overvoltage alarm
128  Data marker (triggered by user)

So for example alarm value of 25 means that 1st speed alarm, peak and sustained alarms are active at the moment.

Perfect! Thank you!