After using the app for a year and donating to Seba a couple of times, I'm just getting around to making a list of all my questions and issues. No doubt many of these are user error, and they may have even been answered in the previous 68 pages of posts on this thread. That won't stop me from making a post to call my very own. :P I'm using it with a KS16S on the original Pixel phone. It's an older phone but is working fine for everything I need it for.

1. What is the most recent version? The app shows 1.4.2 but https://euc.world/getapplication says 1.0.6; Play Store has no version but says it's installed. 
  2. Tour tracking isn't reliable for me at all. The voice prompts often say tour tracking is on, but when I get home I find it's only logged a small segment.
  3. GPS is not reliable. It seems like I have to open the app while it's recording before it gets an accurate fix.
  4. Bluetooth connection drops out sometimes even though I'm riding so the phone is 2 feet from the EUC.
  5. How do you close the app? There's a "sign out" but I don't see a way to just stop the app but be sure it saved logs and tours. 
  6. How do you make it stop the current tour and start a new one? I've had tours go on for two days because I didn't/couldn't close the app.

Wonderfull program, but when It can not find the EUC it starts BEEPing - its irritating, cant I bloody stop that ? Also how do I stop  the programme? 

Thx for making a quality product.

23 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Wonderfull program, but when It can not find the EUC it starts BEEPing - its irritating, cant I bloody stop that ? 

(Almost?) every command EUC World makes upon startup to know the wheel causes a beep. Nothing can be done by now.

Kingsong representatives announced that this could be gone with one of the next firmware version.

4 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Wonderfull program, but when It can not find the EUC it starts BEEPing - its irritating, cant I bloody stop that ? Also how do I stop  the programme?

To stop the beeps when it cannot find the wheel, touch the chat bubble in the upper right so it is hollow instead of solid.

To exit the program and have it not run in the background, press the BACK button twice, then wait 4 seconds. The first press will display a notification to press the button again to shut down the program. The second press displays the "Good bye!" message and close the resources it is using and exit. 

• Like 1

Hi folks, wondering if we can expect AVAS to have a "Manual GearBox" in next versions  =) 
I can imagine if we split the speed range in several "zones" ... the app may be could "pitch down" the speed dependant sound a little every time you go from a speed zone to the higher?  Well, may be is not that easy, may be you are already on it. Or may be this msg helps in anything... lol  
best regards,

Seba (an other Seba) =)

• Like 1

Has anyone experienced issues with EUC World not registering regen load? I've noted since I started using the app that my tour stats consistently indicate a max regen load of 0%. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the app, my wheel, or something I am missing regarding how regen works in general.

I've tried searching through the forum but haven't found anything that addresses this issue directly. If I've missed it somewhere, a link would be much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Yetti83 said:

Has anyone experienced issues with EUC World not registering regen load? I've noted since I started using the app that my tour stats consistently indicate a max regen load of 0%. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the app, my wheel, or something I am missing regarding how regen works in general.

I've tried searching through the forum but haven't found anything that addresses this issue directly. If I've missed it somewhere, a link would be much appreciated.

Imho for GW wheels no negative currents (regenerative) are reported? So there is nothing to be shown in the stats...

• Like 3

On a side note, I'll be stoked when we have the option to stitch tours together. I can't seem to go on a longer tour without either screwing up by accidentally shutting down EUC-World or having a problem, so my tours are never in one piece, lol!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 5:59 PM, dmethvin said:

What is the most recent version? The app shows 1.4.2 but https://euc.world/getapplication says 1.0.6; Play Store has no version but says it's installed. 

1.4.2 is the latest. I'm aware that informations on EUC World page are outdated; I just have to remove it. It was important long time ago when EUC World was distributed as APK installer. Now when it's available via Google Play all important informations are there and they are always accurate.

• Tour tracking isn't reliable for me at all. The voice prompts often say tour tracking is on, but when I get home I find it's only logged a small segment.
  • GPS is not reliable. It seems like I have to open the app while it's recording before it gets an accurate fix.

Most probably you have enabled battery optimization for EUC World. This is usually a default system setting and need to be changed. Particularly, you have to disable any battery optimkizations for EUC World and also allow it to run in the background and use GPS in the background. Unfortunately these settings are different in each phone model, so while I don't have a Pixel, I'm unable to give you more detailed instructions.

Bluetooth connection drops out sometimes even though I'm riding so the phone is 2 feet from the EUC.

If possible, please try to install EUC World on another Android phone and check if this issue is also present. There may be several different causes of this problem. Sometimes it's a compatibility issue of phone Bluetooth drivers or hardware. Sometimes it's a problem with BT module located on EUC mainboard.

How do you close the app? There's a "sign out" but I don't see a way to just stop the app but be sure it saved logs and tours. 

Just tap "Back" button twice. In case of Android 10 with default gesture navigation enabled, you have to swipe to close twice.

How do you make it stop the current tour and start a new one? I've had tours go on for two days because I didn't/couldn't close the app.

Just swipe screen to show fourth page then tap "Stop" button on the tour map. Tour tracking will also be finished when you close the app as described abovel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Dear fellas,

last days I've been preparing for my big expedition which will start in just a few days. On the 19th of June my unique adventure begins - I want to ride on my King Song KS-18XL for over 2000 kilometers in fifteen days, along the longest Polish cycling route - Green Velo. It is because of the preparations for this expedition and the need to catch up with some professional backlog that I have been less active recently.

So from 19 June to 6 July I will be somewhere on the road, having very limited possibilities to reply to emails and forum posts. Wish me luck :) Of course, you will be able to watch my ride live on EUC World map. When I return back home, after a short rest I will return to participate in our forum's life and will continue active development of EUC World app & website. More details about my expedition can be found on my blog page. It's in Polish, so please use browser's built-in translator or use Google Translate: https://najednymkole.pl/ponad-2000-km-szlakiem-green-velo-na-jednym-kole/

Best of luck. I hope to do something like that one day, but probably with a few others. Very exciting. I hope you have a blast :cheers:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seba said:

Dear fellas,

last days I've been preparing for my big expedition which will start in just a few days. On the 19th of June my unique adventure begins - I want to ride on my King Song KS-18XL for over 2000 kilometers in fifteen days, along the longest Polish cycling route - Green Velo. It is because of the preparations for this expedition and the need to catch up with some professional backlog that I have been less active recently.

So from 19 June to 6 July I will be somewhere on the road, having very limited possibilities to reply to emails and forum posts. Wish me luck :) Of course, you will be able to watch my ride live on EUC World map. When I return back home, after a short rest I will return to participate in our forum's life and will continue active development of EUC World app & website. More details about my expedition can be found on my blog page. It's in Polish, so please use browser's built-in translator or use Google Translate: https://najednymkole.pl/ponad-2000-km-szlakiem-green-velo-na-jednym-kole/

Beat of luck on your journey, be safe!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Seba said:

I want to ride on my King Song KS-18XL for over 2000 kilometers in fifteen days, along the longest Polish cycling route - Green Velo. I

Amazing trip! Good luck! Enjoy! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Seba said:

I want to ride on my King Song KS-18XL for over 2000 kilometers in fifteen days, along the longest Polish cycling route

Enjoy!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Can anybody explain these gaps in recording i.e. a straight line?

Please go to your phone settings and:

1. disable battery optimization for EUC World;
  2. allow EUC World to run in background;
  3. allow EUC World to use GPS and data connection in background.

Because these settings are specific to each phone, I'm unable to give you more details. This however isn't hard to find :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Please go to your phone settings and:

1. disable battery optimization for EUC World;
  2. allow EUC World to run in background;
  3. allow EUC World to use GPS and data connection in background.

Because these settings are specific to each phone, I'm unable to give you more details. This however isn't hard to find :)

I don’t know if this is possible. When we install a new application, we usually give permissions. Perhaps you could have these items automatically configured when the application is updated.