Just now, Victor Solovjov said:

I don’t know if this is possible. When we install a new application, we usually give permissions. Perhaps you could have these items automatically configured when the application is updated.

Android permissions are completely diffrent thing to battery optimization. There is no safe and consistent way to apply optimal battery settings by the app itself. It's up to the user to configure his phone so it won't apply too agressive optimization to the app. This is not an isolated EUC World problem; in fact, many apps that use GPS and work in background need similar settings done by the user:

https://support.endomondo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003633613

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918967-Troubleshooting-GPS-Issues

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Seba said:

Android permissions are completely diffrent thing to battery optimization. There is no safe and consistent way to apply optimal battery settings by the app itself. It's up to the user to configure his phone so it won't apply too agressive optimization to the app. This is not an isolated EUC World problem

Absolutely, but given that we have had so many questions relating to the same issue, I wonder if there should be an alert that pops up on installation of EUCW that warns the user of the necessity to check their phone permissions/battery optimisation settings if breaks in data are encountered :)

• Like 1

@seba:

No battery optimization configured on my phone. EUC is allowed to run in background. EUC is allowed to use GPS:

But still stupid logging.

Also today. I used EUC on mountainbiking tour. When stopped logging, it says 51 km - if I look on my tour today, completely wrong and only 10 km. It says, I was in Bremen - this is about 80 km away from me.

What's going wrong. I have 2 tours, which are correct - didn't change any settings!

@MBIKER_SURFER

What are the settings you use for logging? Do you use the 'logging' or the 'tour' function to create tours? And what are their settings? For example if you are using the 'logging' combined 'with automatically create a tour after disconnecting', this can lead to only part of a tour being logged if you lose the bluetooth connection at some point. Something similar can happen if you use the 'tour' option, but lose cell phone coverage at some point. I tend to use both in unison and it works pretty well for me.

For me, changing the battery configuration did indeed get rid of the 'straight lines', although there still occasionally are some small ones, when I actually lose the GPS signal. For example in the tour in my signature, at the 24 km mark.

As for Bremen, is this in the text, or does it actually put you in Bremen on the map? In the text it sometimes takes nearby named places, I've noticed. Maybe a link to your tour could shed some light.

Thanks - you are right. It says Bremen - although it means Blexen - where I've been.

https://euc.world/tour/587620750316123

But it stops there - although I was riding anbother 2 hours!!

Nothing to do with bluetooth - in my optinion. I wasn't on tour with my Nikola - I was on tour with my mountainbike.

I checked the settings and couldn't find something wrong. But I'm definitely not a smartphone expert - pure user.

I'm using a Huawei P30 Pro with android 10.

I think I've experienced it once. If my memory serves me well, it happened at least when I lost cell phone coverage for a short while and stopped recording the tour before EUC-world had updated the missing part on the map. On the EUC-World heads-up screen it said 12 km, but on the map it said 5km. When the tour was uploaded to the site, it only said 5 km.

https://euc.world/tour/586764984199007

I imagine, this is linked to the 'straight lines' where your tour stops being logged for a while, only in these case the tours were ended, during such a time, and not after recovering. So your best bet would indeed be to find out how to avoid this.

As said in the previous post, for me specifically disabling all battery optimization for EUC-World, and using the dual options 'tour' + 'logging', seems to usually work. It only failed this once in over 80 tours.

But it might be phone specific, I have a Xiaomi Redmi 5.

17 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Can anybody explain these gaps in recording i.e. a straight line?

Fixed it by logging tour with CSV file instead of the live map. But more then often I lose GPS signal. Recently I found out my cell was in POWERSAVING MODE and that affected badly the GPS.

Also always having the app up front before closing the screen, help with the GPS connection somehow

Edited by Dubardo

Another anomalie to me: After starting EUC I checked after 10 km the route on the smartphone - everything o.k.

Than I got a phone call during riding, which I didn't answer. 5 km later I checked the route again - dark screen - no route displayed.

Cancelled EUC and stated again - than it worked fine until I got to the only place with roughly 100m of trees, where I propably missed the GPS signal. Than again - displaying of route stopped. This is a really strange behaviour - on my understanding.

Hopefully these things can be fixed. 

Overall I do like this EUC App :)

Although EUC world says 0% battery left, I could ride to my door - but my Nikola started beeping the last 3 km of tour, as soon as I got above 15 km/h. But fair enough - I got home riding!

Screenshot_20200621_183930_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

Screenshot_20200621_184518_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

I also experienced a black map screen twice, last sunday... never happened before. But doing pause and starting again fixed it, and the tour looked absolutely fine. 

8 hours ago, Coco66 said:

But doing pause and starting again fixed it, and the tour looked absolutely fine. 

This doesn't work at my phone. If one time black, it stays black until I completely remove EUC World from operating and start again.

It must have to do with GPS - I had yesterday roughly 300 m with solid big trees, after checking the tour, display was black. On checking afterwards, the tour was correctly logged - but screen didn't show the tour on the phone. A bit annoying. 

The battery usage was changed to power modus before starting app!!

Screenshot_20200622_162143_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

Screenshot_20200622_065125_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg

I cant stop EUC world. Its annoys me big time.

1. I use the programme.
2. I want to have the programmed stopped it does not its still bloody there beeping... Not good.
3. I press back hardware button twice on smartphone programme says "Goodbye" and is still there - it bloody beeps me. Searching for the EUC.

I use android om samsung phone (or rather its using me for spying he he)

I dont want the programme to eat my phone battery I want it to bloody stop. Hopw do I do that ?  thx for good product apart from this annoyance.

This sounds strange. 

It's normal that after the double back button, an app still shows up in the last used apps, what happens if you remove it (clear) from there? 

What (I think) MBIKER_SURFER is suggesting is the Force Stop. In my Android One, you can longpress an app icon and get a shortcut to the App info without going to Settings, Apps, etc, not sure in Samsung's Android. 

Edited by Coco66

@MBIKER_SURFER

Tour tracking will be much improved in the next release. I'm on a beta version, which isn't available on the Play Store, and have zero connectivity or tour tracking issues. Expect it to be released sometime after Seba's epic EUC expedition. 

About the tour but displaying in the app, that's an issue with map loading, it doesn't mean your tour isn't being recorded: if the status bar is brown, all is (should be) OK. If the tour isn't being updated on euc.world, that's a different story. 

Make sure the app if allowed to run in the background and that GPS is allowed always, or android might restrict it when the app is in the background.

Battery optimization tends to be the culprit. Even if you haven't set it up intentionally, it still might be enabled by default. Check :

Stock Android/Android One: 

Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Advanced >> Battery >> Background Restriction = "App can use battery in background"

....EUC World >> Advanced >> Battery >> Battery optimization >> "All apps" dropdown >> EUC World >> Don't Optimize

EMUI (Huawei): 

Settings >> Apps >> Apps >> EUC World >> Power usage details >> App launch:

Manage manually (manage automatically = off)

Run in the background = on

OneUI (Samsung): 

Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Battery >> Make sure "Allow background use" is active

Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Battery >> Optimize battery use >> All (top menu) >> EUC World >> Make sure it's unchecked

OxygenOS (OnePlus): 

Settings >> Apps >> EUC World >> Advanced >> Battery Optimization >> Don't Optimize 

Edited by travsformation

20 hours ago, jancellor said:

@Seba just a thought, but is it technically possible to get EUC World to send Google Home commands, ie turn off my smart plug when battery reaches a certain percent?

Could be a great features, right now I use a timer on the smartplug. Work well

35 minutes ago, Dubardo said:

Any reason EUC World would use around 10 to 20 gb per month of Wifi? I don't have nudes Seba... :lol:

10 to 20 Gb? Are you sure? And since you say WiFi this means home, while you are not riding (and I wonder why you should have EUC.world running then 😊

Edited by Coco66

Dead serious

GBmKql6.jpg

"Applications supprimées" is EUC World on the 15th of june, which I completely deleted and re-installed to be sure. So basicly in 11 days, EUC world transfered 9 go over my wifi... plus 13gb before the 15th. Seems to have started in April, when I started to go out on rides

Edited by Dubardo

1 hour ago, Dubardo said:

Dead serious

Your pictures link do not work!

1 hour ago, Dubardo said:

So basicly in 11 days, EUC world transfered 9 go over my wifi... plus 13gb before the 15th. Seems to have started in April, when I started to go out on rides

Some strange retransmittion loop? Never heard of such thing before. @Seba is on tour now, so he most probably cannot take care of this by now...

• Like 1