KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

3 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Day 3 Update:

Miles for the day: 63 miles

Total miles on 16X: 165 miles 

New PR top speed: 31.8 mph

I'm getting super comfortable on the wheel and can basically cruise consistently near the tilt back on a full charge. Its not as relaxing to ride the tiltback so I try to hang out just below it. I really can't imagine owning a wheel with less battery capacity as I like to maintain 25+ mph sustained for long periods. I'm really thinking my next wheel needs to be a MSX 1845 or Nikola 1845. I wonder if Gotway will refresh the MSX 100V over the winter and release an official 1845wh version?

Screenshot_20190801-224503_Kingsong.jpg

Maybe you should consider getting a 100V monster. High speed with long range might be perfect for you. That is going to be my next wheel for next year. Hopefully they will put a powerful 2500-3000W motor. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

Also, has anyone ever achieved a green light on their brick while charging?  I've had it on for about 8 hours and still red.

Jup. Took around 11 hours I think. Charged it when it came out of the box, so no idea how much charge it had.

Does anybody know if the roadmap for feature implementation on the 16x includes illuminating the visible indicator of battery charge level on the wheel itself during charging?

It would be great to not need to either a) unplug and power up, or b) listen to the loud ass BEEP and "BLUETOOTH IS CONNECTED" line whenever I want to know the battery level!

It's a pretty first world problem I know, but I live at the top of a hill and would like to charge into the 90s instead of a full charge.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I ordered some neoprene to pad my wheel, for off road riding.

I think I got the dimensions a bit wrong ...

Boy this is heavy :lol:

2078635417_WhatsAppImage2019-08-02at10_47_19.thumb.jpeg.de6896d43502416c9982219737301604.jpeg

Wow... Such a small roll... You should see my stash...

Neoprene...

There's about 13 meters there, and that is just a part of it...   :D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, magicrobots said:

Does anybody know if the roadmap for feature implementation on the 16x includes illuminating the visible indicator of battery charge level on the wheel itself during charging?

It would be great to not need to either a) unplug and power up, or b) listen to the loud ass BEEP and "BLUETOOTH IS CONNECTED" line whenever I want to know the battery level!

It's a pretty first world problem I know, but I live at the top of a hill and would like to charge into the 90s instead of a full charge.

If you "turn the wheel on" while charging, it won't balance itself, but it will activate the LED, showing solid green for the charged % with the LED above it flashing green to show it is charging.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HarpMudd said:

Also, has anyone ever achieved a green light on their brick while charging?  I've had it on for about 8 hours and still red.

I finally got a green light on the charger.  The app says 83.0V.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

First time my 16S developed a dead cell was at around 5000km. I replaced the dead pair. At around 9000km the wheel was mostly unused for a full year at 60% charge, during which a second pair of cells had died.

I don't believe you can influence that with the charging behavior. A weak/bad cell is just going to cause a problem sooner or later.

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I urge everybody who plans on using a charger not included with the wheel, to measure the charger polarity and compare it to the original charger before connecting the new charger for the first time!

Too many boards have gone toast because the inverted polarity KS uses for these wheels.

Why would they do that??!!:eff04a58a6:

Good tip, holy ****.

So, now wondering why the lights are pointed down. Does this create an underlighting effecting when riding at night?

Otherwise, I like my 18L LED strip positions better. :-/

Pictures at night please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

If you "turn the wheel on" while charging, it won't balance itself, but it will activate the LED,

Just turn it off before you unplug it! (Otherwise it will spin up--speaking from experience)

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cracka said:

cinder blocks to calibrate the wheel. I had pedal dipping on my MSX until I use cinder blocks, I also use plastic shims at the end of the foot plates

Be awesome if you could make a short video showing this technique!

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Wow... Such a small roll... You should see my stash...

Neoprene...

There's about 13 meters there, and that is just a part of it...   :D

Yeah yeah, but I see a Z10 box and no Z10 body guard on your store .... fix it :p  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

My 100-volt Nikola Plus gets many more miles than my 84-volt Nikola. This is real-world results not theory.

Interesting. 

What is your average speed for both 100V & 84V Nikola range tests? and is this tested under mostly high power, mountain climbing scenarios? flats? both?

Former DIY scooter guy @Ben Kim and indirectly the Singaporean DIY scooter guys state that higher V wheels will run more efficient when averaging higher speed, whereas they are less efficient running averaging lower speed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel-Son said:

Finally, I did a test ride. So far I’m not liking what I’m feeling. I did a horizontal calibration before I went riding, I did NOT use the packing foam, I used 2 wood studs (2 x 4) and shim them with a level front and back, side to side. Truly leveled. 

I set the tire pressure to 40 psi and rode it a half a block,  it felt very  awkward trying to stay straight. I then set the pressure to 20 psi, that felt much better trying to stay straight but, it almost feels like I’m riding on a cement crack and the wheel is trying to get out.  I did notice that at low speed‘s the wheel does tilt a bit making for a unnatural feeling at times. When I was writing the sensation felt as if the wheel was out of calibration. So there must be something wrong with the software because there is something not quite right. I’m hoping  that when they release the next update it will solve the problem.  Now I know why houseofjob hasn’t release his review..

It raining again and I can’t continue testing.  I only got to ride for 10 mile so it’s too early to tell exactly what I’m feeling but I’m hoping the update will come soon. 

What's your bodyweight? I'm at 140 lbs, and I can't quite figure out the tire pressure. Have tried 20-30 psi, and settled on 30. It took about 40 miles for the wheel to feel alright FWIW. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1