KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

24 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

How is this done?  Doesn't the wheel need to be touching the ground or else it will spin at high speed?

When you trigger Horizontal Calibration in the App, it turns the KS16x.  You'd positing it then, and do a long press to turn it on in calibration mode, after which you turn it off again.  Also made a video showing how to do it using the packing materials:  

Edited by Mike Paolini
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

When you trigger Horizontal Calibration in the App, it turns the KS16x.  You'd positing it then, and do a long press to turn it on in calibration mode, after which you turn it off again.  Also made a video showing how to do it using the packing materials:  

Surprise... Maybe, the fuze fell off from the wheel... LOL

Thank you so much for the video... I was searching around the house on how I should make a stand for calibration... Great solution the packing material.  So, I'm thinking I should opt for 2nd batch since this will be my first EUC. I'm hoping all these glitches will be solved by the time Jason sends me the bill.

Edited by DragonFZ
Need to add more comments
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Be careful because some here are graduates of the EUC Grand Institute of Snobbery.  Some members are in fact inductees to the institutes Hall of Fame. Lol

Ah come one, don't be like that :P

I still remember @Rehab1's joking post during the V10F debacle where he posted a picture ostensibly of his fixed V10F being completely submerged in water, suggesting it was now super water proof. Still regret not pulling his leg on that one as I thought about the time, posting something along the lines of me having submerged my V10F in the bathtub as a result of his post and frying my bathing hamster or something as a result ;)

Edited by Nils
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CampDylan said:

Thank you, I will add this to my Newbie Notes.  

What about after 1K, ? should I treat them like my Haibike (Bosch lithium-ion) recommended charging every day regardless of needing it or not, explaining that letting them cycle all the way out reduced their life.  

Just to be clear, I was joking with this statement - I didn't want @BleepBloopBlop to win the prize for the first person to reach 1000-miles :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The 18L looks like it is considering shoving the 16X into the rain (to die) out of jealousy:D

And the 16X just gives the impression of a sad dog looking out into the rain.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Daniel-Son said:

Of course it starts to pour! Thank you Mother Nature!

ACB03319-0B5F-45F7-9B25-E6A3804E4E59.jpeg

Is that an 18L/XL next to your 16x? Has anyone done some side by side pics of the two? That would be awesome if you could if not. :D

I recalibrated again. Everything was fine, and I started to hope. Then I got another aggressive tilt back while riding at moderate speed on a modest incline.

No obvious errors showing in the app.

@Micheal Shen what do I do next!

E6F0ADF0-5414-4F13-8F05-CF8F287434C8.png

24B35A23-8745-4850-AAF0-C7D570EAC41A.png

Edited by Jon Stern

6 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

64 miles of riding throughout my day with charging in between. I've yet to get the wheel fully charged as I keep riding it and this damn 1.5A charge is SO SLOW! I weigh 190lbs with my gear on for riding. This was mostly flat surfaces, besides a climb up Mt Tabor (636ft) here in Portland along with the various elevation differences around various neighborhoods in town.

Buy this with connector GX16-4 J (Gotway 84v connector)

€ 50,07  31%OFF | YZPOWER 84V 5A Lithium Battery Charger for 72V 20S Lithium Battery Electric Motorcycle Ebikes Tools
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cqxhIh1A

and get a Gotway to KingSong adapter from Chris@1RadWerkstatt@1radwerkstatt, contact him via email 1RadWerkstatt@gmx.de (I assume the 16X uses the same Lenovo connector as the 18L).

That is what I got and works great for my 18L. Here a test I did for charge speed: 

But use the slow charger as many times as possible, only use the fast one when really needed. Slow charge is better for the battery long term. 

Edited by Jean Dublin

3 hours ago, Nils said:

Still regret not pulling his leg on that one as I thought about the time, posting something along the lines of me having submerged my V10F in the bathtub as a result of his post and frying my bathing hamster or something as a result ;)

Didn’t the hamster warden fine you for that stunt?

48434343627_659dea66b4_b.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Azze80 said:

Lol, how could I miss the 18L :) ?!

Nobody misses an 18L, it just wasn't an impressive wheel... :-)

1 hour ago, petaluma said:

Wondering... has there has ever been more anticipation of a new wheel? I am fairly new so I have not been around to see the previous releases. The 16x fervor is remarkable. 

Z10 for certain had more, and for nearly 2 years because it was late AF.   And then like a 6-12 months after because it was still so hard to get.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

New PR of 31.5mph today. That's about all she has with the tiltback. I could lean into it a little harder but why risk it on V1.01 hahaha

Hauling ass! 

I was going to attempt a high speed run but I came home during rush hour and the bike path was absolutely slammed with families with kids, cyclists, it was awful. I did finally reach over 125 miles total though and set the speed setting to 0, 0, 30, 31 which seems to have saved properly to the wheel. Didn't get any beeps at 28 so that was nice.

Had to bail on the wheel slowing down while turning; it did some extreme wacky tilt back. I'm starting to think that the tilting forward/back problem occurs when  accelerating/decelerating while turning - I'm trying to figure out if maybe it has something to do with degree of tilt during the turns. /shrug

IMG_2467.PNG

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

Buy this with connector GX16-4 J (Gotway 84v connector)

€ 50,07  31%OFF | YZPOWER 84V 5A Lithium Battery Charger for 72V 20S Lithium Battery Electric Motorcycle Ebikes Tools
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cqxhIh1A

and get a Gotway to KingSong adapter from Chris@1RadWerkstatt@1radwerkstatt, contact him via email 1RadWerkstatt@gmx.de (I assume the 16X uses the same Lenovo connector as the 18L).

That is what I got and works great for my 18L.

But use the slow charger as many times as possible, only use the fast one when really needed. Slow charge is better for the battery long term. 

KS18XL-1.JPG

Lenovo-GX16-4.jpg

• Upvote 2

First question:

I have been charging the wheel for about 9 hours. When I came back to it there was a red glow inside with a blue pulsating light (could be seen through the case) and the fan was going full chat. The case felt warm. Since I want to go to bed I unplugged the charger. At that point the speakers went "pop", the headlight flashed a split second and the fan and the internal lights went off.

It was as if the wheel was in some kind of semi powered on state.  Is this normal for a KingSong wheel? This is my first one btw.

FYI I never turned on the wheel. I just put it there and plugged the charger. Charger is still red, so not at 100% charge.

3 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

It was as if the wheel was in some kind of semi powered on state.  Is this normal for a KingSong wheel?

Yes

• Like 1