KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

54 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Well I did 22 miles this afternoon/evening on my 16x and very much enjoy it. This is my first EUC ever (never rode one until today) and find that cruising much faster than 25mph to be a bit nerve racking as I'm new to this and sometimes wobble the wheel a bit. At that point I just slow down as a reset before picking back up to my cruising pace of 20-25mph. I'm looking forward to continue riding the wheel a bunch to develop my skills. I have no real complaints in terms of the wheels performance and my newness really disqualifies me from having an informed opinion. The battery came charged at 68-69V as received and man that 1.5 amp charge is SLOW! I got the wheel up to 75V before I got off work and spent the evening learning and exploring the city. This will be no worry going forward as I'll just fully charge over night.

Here is a picture of the wheel on the river here in Portland, Oregon:

20190730_204920.jpg

20190730_204905.jpg

20190730_204859.jpg

No speed unlock necessary?

Update: while the vibration is unsettling, it doesn't seem to have any effects on rideability. 

I think this is just as ordinary as motor noise, but since it's new to me I overreacted. It's easiest to notice when slowly going downhill braking. Sorry for the panic everyone.

After a bit, I was confident enough to push it to the speed cap of 30 km/hr and brake just fine. 

Now if I can only disable the "bluetooth connected" voice prompt and the power in speaker pop. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

You had tilting back and forward due to the gyro being out of calibration?

I would have expected just a continuous offset in one direction.

The gyro calibration procedure is static, so it can't calibrate the gyro gain. Only drift-based offsets.

Well mayby... But it fixed it what can I say. Just trying to help out. 

According to KS you need to do this if you do a firmware update, detach power to control board or if it gets bumped hard. 

But I leave you to your wheel. Wish you luck. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Now if I can only disable the "bluetooth connected" voice prompt and the power in speaker pop

You can do that, but doing so disable the voice messages also. If you go to sound setting. Disabling ((I recall it as the top one) will make speedwarnongs into beeps. 

In the sound setting there is 2 switches, one for beeps/voice commands, and one for BT music. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well mayby... But it fixed it what can I say. Just trying to help out. 

According to KS you need to do this if you do a firmware update, detach power to control board or if it gets bumped hard. 

But I leave you to your wheel. Wish you luck. 

Oh, I appreciate your suggestion. I apologise if I came across as though I was discounting what you said. I was simply trying to make sure I had described the behavior in a clear way and we weren't talking about different things.

I actually went ahead and calibrated as you suggested. I'm not sure if it worked (screaming continuous beep after attempting it).

It's too late to test it now (I'm way too tired to try riding this late). I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stephen said:

Are you actually joking saying all this and now everything's ok and its just grinding a bit  when braking,

I guess I’ve been spoiled by the MCM5’s buttery smooth motor. I thought the 16x would be even more luxurious.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I guess I’ve been spoiled by the MCM5’s buttery smooth motor. I thought the 16x would be even more luxurious.

So you'll be keeping the msm5 also ,, you need a smooth msx now👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

No speed unlock necessary?

25 mph is 40 kph.. which is the speed unlocked after 5 km riding.. at least on the 18.. idk if the 16x is the same it might not even need to be unlocked to 40, just 40-50

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't know, unless you are hypersensitive there really should not be any vibrations like what you describe. Certainly nothing different than your other wheels.

my KS16S has something similar where if you position your foot just right you can feel the vibrations strongly.. havent felt it on another wheel.. it is the V2 KS16S, on my two other KS16S' i dont recall ever feeling this.. no oscillations or rocking or anything like that it just vibrates a bit more.. i could easily imagine having thinner shoes and standing in one spot causing your foot to go numb.. unfortunately the bluetooth connected isnt something that ive ever heard of being able to disable lol.. besides unplugging the speakers :P 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Some thought on the look of the 16x:

- Not very inspiring from my perspective. Kind of looks like a mysterious black thing that I'd find in one of my tool draws and wouldn't be able to work out what it was. Only 100x bigger.

- The fake carbon fiber looks very fake. Worse than I expected (and I had low expectations).

- The trolley handle is not well color-matched to the soft (TPE?) around it.

- The tire looks wonderful.

- When folded, the peddles don't look comfortable against the body as they are wider and taper outwards, where the body is tapering inwards towards th ground.

I'm not that bothered by the ascetic short comings, as I plan to enjoy riding it, not looking at it, but I just wanted to share my first-hand impressions while I'm looking at it.

100% agreed.. if it were me i would have got rid of the bumps on either side of the handle... i believe they serve the purpose of protecting the trolley in the case of a wreck? at least i cant see them serving any other purpose.. i would have also got rid of the two large side pads that seem to serve no purpose and gone with only the top one and their usual one right above the pedals.. the pedals to me are ugly as sin as well i love the XL pedals.. i would have stuck with a rounded smooth trolley handle not the extremely jagged one which would fit with the overall look if it lacked the humps.. and of course offered it in all matte black.. screw fake carbon fibre.. make stickers to cover the whole body with a bunch of different colours and just have the usual options for colours, black, matte black, and white and one single colour/texture for the whole thing.. also a reflector is no replacement for a rear light and is actually illegal in a lot of places to not have a rear light but instead they chose that spot for one of the many speakers.. i would have made the leds a lot more dense like the nikola and added some to the vent areas as the promo pics showed.. that was really cool looking.. and the last thing, a motor colour to either match the euc colour, or just black.. i dont like silver anywhere unless thats actually the colour scheme.. yes i know i am picky xD

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

@US69  I think you must not have watched the video recording of the App in action - either video of either bug.  :)

The EUC is currently set to 31mph limit (I don't need more like some crazy bastards out 
there), but that doesn't stop the app from reporting limits at 18 mph, even though they aren't.

Likewise it did not stop it from preventing me from unlocking it in the first round from what I assume is a login bug.

I'm currently just under 40 miles, and I'm aware full speed unlocks at 120 mph - that isn't the issue. to be clear.  The issues is the bugs in the App for the Speed Limiter page.

Recorded here:  https://youtu.be/ySsiihID9dM 

And also here (likely the same bug, but way more visible):  https://youtu.be/HFFuGB0btXk

Please try Setting the folowing values:

0,0, 23, 24 (would have only one Alarm left and tiltback)

Reason for tryin this:

When under 201kmh...the app Sliders Will NOT accept a Setting with anything over 25mph! And in all your Setting you have tried to use a max 31mph Setting......which then the app refuses to take….

Edited by US69
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/30/2019 at 12:39 AM, SamSuffit said:

Let's hope you are right. However, i want to ride my wheel as hard as i want. And i will resell it if this bug (yes it is a bug) is not fixed.

Get a nikola bud. I swear it’s the best. KS will never compare with the GotWay RUSH !

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Do we have any confirmation regarding voltage use?
Does the 16x behave like the 18L/XL and allow usage down to 3.0V?

Anyone done a range test yet

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I'm done for the day at 38 miles total.

Screenshot_20190730-220014_Kingsong.jpg

38 mi = 61 km. After charging up to 75V, did you recharge again later or did the 38mi in one go?

Now shows 68.61V. Anyway here knows how to translate to percentages? 

8 minutes ago, stephen said:

Anyone done a range test yet

None yet, I also asked for that 1-2 days ago. It's one of the main factors for me to get one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

None yet, I also asked for that 1-2 days ago. It's one of the main factors for me to get one. 

Must be a bloody good battery they are still riding 😂😂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Some thought on the look of the 16x:

- Not very inspiring from my perspective. Kind of looks like a mysterious black thing that I'd find in one of my tool drawers and wouldn't be able to work out what it was. Only 100x bigger.

- The fake carbon fiber looks very fake. Worse than I expected (and I had low expectations).

- The trolley handle is not well color-matched to the soft (TPE?) around it.

- The tire looks wonderful.

- The fit and molding finish is very good.

- When folded, the pedals don't look comfortable against the body as they are wider and taper outwards, where as the body is tapering inwards towards the ground.

I'm not that bothered by the ascetic short comings, as I plan to enjoy riding it, not looking at it, but I just wanted to share my first-hand impressions while I'm looking at it.

It’s funny I think the exact opposite of everything you just said except I agree with you on the tire.  This wheel is awesome looking. Very well-built. The trolley handle is rocksolid and looks great.  Carbon fiber look as cool.  These aren’t spoiler accents on an R8 man. It’s just an EUC from China. The pedals are the best of any wheel I own and also the most comfortable and they look great. Although my Nikola pedals are pretty comfortable also but slippery when you have dirt or mud on your feet. 

I have a lot more to learn about this wheel but so far I am incredibly impressed with it. My only frustrations were the safety settings for the first 20 minutes after I turn the wheel on for the first time. Once I got the app settings correct with help from the great people here it was smooth sailing after that. I hope they fix the battery percentage problem and after that everything should be perfect.